Pineapple and cream

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Kelly, Dec 25, 2008.

1. rashomon

rashomon Member

The picture is very grainy and imo what looks 'whitish' in the photo it is due to the graininess. Since the contents of the bowl were thoroughly analyzed, imo it would have been mentioned in one of the books on the case if there had been cream in it. Nor does the autopsy report mention any remains of dairy products in JonBenet's digestive tract.
    I have bumped up the "Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" thread for you, Karen. The discussion there was pretty controversial. :)

2. heymom

heymom Member

To me, that does look as if there is some liquid or something besides pineapple in the bowl, which is why I wanted to take a similar photograph. If no one mentioned it, however, perhaps it was not cream after all. Now, as far as the digestion of a liquid...I would think there wouldn't be much left of that in JonBenet's stomach, but I'm not a scientist.

I don't know if it matters other than yet another tie to Patsy and her weird connection to TPOMJB, and yet another piece of evidence that contrary to her statements, that "set-up" is exactly what Patsy would "do."

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

A poster on another forum wrote that he once accidentally left fresh pineapple out for too long, and that it looked pretty much like what can be seen in the bowl. Maybe some liquid oozes from the fruit then.
    Perhaps that pineapple bowl was not taken directly from the fridge after the Ramseys came home (iirc, the bowl was not found in the kitchen, but in the breakfast room), but the bowl had been left on the table from earlier in the day.

4. heymom

heymom Member

Was this photo taken from the other side of the table? I almost thought it was a copy-cat "set-up" by someone else, but then the table, the bowl and the spoon are identical.

5. heymom

heymom Member

No, fresh pineapple just goes brown, no white liquid oozes from it. I really think there is something other than pineapple in that bowl, look at the spoon, it looks like yogurt almost, curdled cream. Maybe JonBenet picked the pineapple out and didn't eat any of the cream, and maybe the evidence records just said pineapple without mentioning anything else. Goodness knows there were plenty of mistakes made from the start of the case to the end...oh, wait, it hasn't ever ended...

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

I think it was.

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

Hard to say what it was - the picture is just not clear enough. Some pieces of the pineapple do seem to have a brown tinge though, but that too can't be determined clearly because of the picture's poor quality.

8. heymom

heymom Member

If we could zoom in on this photo, we might be able to ascertain whether there was actually some white substance in the bowl. It looks sharper than the other close-up.

If only they were digital photos we could zoom in a LOT and not lose photo quality.

Oh, well....Nothing is going to change in this case anyway....

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It does look like cream, milk, or yogurt in the bowl, but as been said, I would think that since what was in the bowl was tested, any dairy would show up as well as the pineapple. It may very well have been found, and simply never mentioned. Wouldn't surprise any of us, now, would it?

10. Karen

Karen Member

Patsy or John in their interview said JB couldn't open up the refrigerater door as it was a heavy stainless steel with a walk in refrigerater. So if JB ate the pineapple (with cream) that night after returning home she had to have help. Someone had to get out the cream for her. Maybe there was cream in the bowl and that's why Patsy said "Maybe somebody gave her pineapple?" She also said JB couldn't reach the bowl that was used. I think LE would have asked her if she ever served JB pineapple that way. That would be proof positive she was awake and not sound asleep as John had claimed when they got home. I don't know if it was mentioned whether or not Burke could open the door but I know she was asked if Burke had ever gotten anything like that for JB and she said no. For there to have cream in that bowl that woud blow their story about what happened when they arrived home. Just another lie that could be proven in court based on Patsys own statements. It still just blows me away that this case was never prosecuted. But again, we are talking about "The Peoples Republic of Boulder."

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

JBR's prints weren't on the bowl. She didn't get it out of the fridge or place it on the table. Interesting about the prints...they completely wiped that flashlight down, including the batteries inside. IF an intruder had fed her the pineapple, why not wipe that also? Clearly, it had not been done, or PRs prints (which WERE found on the bowl) would have been wiped off as well, and like the flashlight, there'd have been no prints at all. Why? Because they never thought pineapple would be found at the autopsy and spoil their story about her not waking up at all. It was a curve thrown at them, and so they did what all liars do- deny and lie, even in the face of the truth being exposed. The old expression is so true "Who do you believe? Me or your lying eyes".

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Bumping for whitewitch.

13. whitewitch1

whitewitch1 Senior Member

Thanks, KK. I'm still not convinced that it is milk or cream in that bowl. The pineapple looks mighty nasty, like it had been sitting out for a long time.

14. koldkase

It's hard to tell, I agree, exactly what was going on there. If you read the threads I bumped, though, some posters did some experiments and have some interesting ideas, too.

I have to hope that in a lab report somewhere, when this pineapple in this bowl was tested the details listed include any milk or cream from the bowl. Since we'll never see that police file, though, it's not like it will ever do anyone any good.

15. rashomon

rashomon Member

If there had been milk products in the bowl mixed together with the pineapple, I think JonBenet's autopsy would have revealed this. But no mention is made of any milk product residue in JonBenet's small intestine together with the pineapple. There was only pineapple, which she had eaten about two hours before her death.
    Further down in the digestive tract, there was soft green fecal material which, considering the digestion time span, most likely was from the dinner she had eaten at the Whites'.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  16. koldkase

The problem with the idea that "milk product residue" wasn't mentioned in the autopsy for me is that I have no knowledge of how milk products are digested and how they might actually appear in the intestinal track at autopsy. All I've ever seen about the lab report on the pineapple is what we've read in books, etc., for that matter, not the lab report, so maybe you know more about this and can point us in the right direction, rashomon.

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

From the autopsy report:

G.I. Tract: The esophagus is empty. It is lined by gray-white mucosa. The stomach contains a small amount (8-11cc) of viscous to green to tan colored thick mucous material without particulate matter identified. The gastic [sic]mucosa is autolyzed but contains no areas of hemorrhage or ulceration. The proximal portion of the small intestine containes fragmented pieces of yellow to light green-tan apparent vegetable or fruit material which may represent fragments of pineapple. No hemorrhage is identified. The remainder of the small intestine is unremarkable. The large intestine contains soft green fecal material. The appendix is present.
    http://www.acandyrose.com/12271996jonbenet07.gif

According to this official primary source, it looks there was nothing but pineapple in the upper portion of the small intestine.

One could do a Google search re digestion rates of milk products, and how they appear in the G.I, or I might ask the M.D. ("Elvis")
    A good while ago, I asked her about technical terms like "autolyzed" etc, and she explained it is a normal finding indicating that digestion had advanced to a certain stage.

18. koldkase

Well, if you can ask Elvis that would be great. Is she still posting on a public forum?

I've asked learnin, the x-ray tech with whom we're having the pineapple rate of digestion discussion at topix. It will be interesting to see what he says.

19. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

milk

As milk is a liquid it digests faster than pineapple. I don't believe it would be identifiable by appearance only. I am sure it would not appear white in the small intestines and would be mixed possibly with bile, making it greenish in color, if it did make it to the small intestine before being absorbed.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Milk and milk products would be broken down as lactose. Because mild products are found in so many things (casein, a milk product is found in many products) it wouldn't be unusual to find lactose. But like all sugars, lactose is quickly metabolized. Fresh fruit, like pineapple, takes longer.
    Looking at the photo, it is hard to tell whether there is milk or cream in the bowl with the pineapple, or just the white china bowl showing through. I do recall reading something long ago about Patsy fixing pineapple and cream for JB often- pineapple was a favorite snack.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice