Peter Boyles talks about the recent Grand Jury revelation (Jan. 28 & 29, 2013)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, Jan 31, 2013.

1. BOESP

BOESP Member

BBM.

I totally agree. That entire family was strange. John said JonBenet was a spark plug so that makes me wonder how much self control she had and what John meant by that comment.

Another thing I thought strange was a parent(s) allowing their son to whittle and leave his mess for the housekeeper to clean up. I see that as "Arrogance Training in Action."

In some ways, I feel sorry for Patsy. I feel positively sure it is unlikely she felt the very best and she may have suffered from what some cancer patients call "chemo brain." I still sit on the fence as to who did what but, ultimately, I think that indictment is perfectly worded.

2. Elle

Elle Member

BOESP,

I think Burke Ramsey as I stated before was not given enough attention in this family where the spotlight was on JonBenét. I think he had to put up with a lot and this is why he was withdrawn and playing with his gameboy or whatever (?). I think this young boy was pushed to the edge and
    couldn't take it any more, and he retaliated.

3. BOESP

BOESP Member

I would loveeeeee to read her book when and if it ever comes out. She strikes me as a straight-forward, honest, hard-working person who calls white, white and black, black.

I too see Burke's actions as rebellion or as attention seeking. Regardless, he seems to have been odd-man-out.

Edited to add: Elle, we were posting at the same time. I also agree with your statement as being a good possibility, "I think this young boy was pushed to the edge and couldn't take it any more, and he retaliated." The way the indictment is worded (if what we are told via the news is the correct version) would also cover this scenario too.

I always go back to Linda Arndt saying Patsy was imprisoned by secrets. But then Patsy was a good actress (based on her winning the talent event in the Miss America pageant via her dramatic monologue) so was she smoozing Arndt or being totally truthful with whatever she said?????

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

The bedroom was cleaned up, Elle. I am trying to remember but I think the cops found "wet" bedsheets in the washer but they weren't soiled. Remember the degree of obvious panic was extreme and mistakes were made.

5. Elle

Elle Member

I'm way behind in my reading, but this one I think I will read in a flash! I think we would hear the truth from Linda.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Oh! (?). I thought it was like this when the cops arrived. I'll need to check back, Bob! Sorry about that!

7. Elle

Elle Member

Linda Arndt did end up being very close to Patsy Ramsey. Even receiving flowers etc. I also think Arndt got a raw deal from the cops. Being the only one left at the Ramsey home for quite a spell if my memory serves me right!(?)

You're right about Patsy being a drama queen The last video I watched of Patsy Ramsey was an interview with one of the detectives, and she slaps her thigh in anger with almost every word. She probably won Linda Arndt over.

8. BobC

Patsy won almost everybody over. She was charismatic. LA, I believe, felt John Ramsey did the murder and Patsy got caught up in the staging. So, in LA's eyes Patsy was sort of a victim in the whole thing if I am reading her right.

9. heymom

heymom Member

yes, LA did believe John to have been the perpetrator, she describes knowing that he was dangerous as she faced him over JonBenet's cold and stiff corpse in the living room. She has her own biases and I would still have to take the entire case file into account, along with the childrens' medical records and the PHONE RECORDS from that night (for KK)!

10. BobC

I'm with you, Momsy. I lost some respect for Arndt when she said she "knew" who killed JBR after looking into Ramsey's beady eyes, and "never wavered." That interview is on Youtube if anyone wants to revisit it.

11. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

Elle, agree with you completely. Children are children. They all need love and attention. Patsy was busy with JB and herself, JR was busy CEO, traveling...I'm not saying that in every busy family you'll find the dead child in the closet. But I'm sure every 'busy to attend children' family has ugly closets!

jmo

12. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

Please! don't be angry at me for this post!!!

While conversation is going on right now about Ramseys children's behaviour (probably we're using the wrong thread), I need to admit that since BobC thread 'Child's RAGE' way back, I couldn't stop thinking what if?.....

Remember, BobC asked us: 'what did you see?'. I was affraid to say that I saw JB. I'm not saying that we have evidences of JB's rage or so called 'bad seed' attitude. From what we read/heard (Ramsey's friends, her school friends/teachers, gardener, housekeeper), JB was spoled but loving intellegent girl.

But what if SOME of the 'torture toward Burke' elements were there? What IF JB was the one who wouldn't leave Burke alone and provoking his attention with the wrong action? Reportedly, JB was the one who comes to Burke's bed (to sleep or to play) all the time! It wasn't Burke who's coming to JB's bedroom to sleep in her bed. JB was the one who's admittedly tried to destroy Burke's toys on more than one occasions. JB was the one who could trow the tantrum fist for no particular reasons (including her 'I want to walk on the star!') scream/cry demand. JB was the one who by her father's remark would be grown to be 'handfull'.

Again, please, don't be angry at me for the above. What I'm trying to say that both children COULD have problem. And it was PARENTS responsibility to control, balance and protect each of them from the potential harm and danger.

sorry....jmo

13. BobC

It was Burke who threw the tantrums, not Jonbenet. Jonbenet was becoming a little bratty and defiant, but as far as I know she didn't go into fits of anger. It was reported that a year after the murder, Burke threw a tantrum during band practice (if I recall correctly) where he threw his instrument on the ground and started crying.

A Ramsey friend, or former friend, said that Burke was an odd, quiet kid, but she loved him anyway. She said he had peculiarities like if he was talking to, say, Nedra and you walked up and tried to enter the conversation, that Burke would scream in your face something to the effect of "SHUT UP!!! I am not talking to you!!" Once again, this by itself doesn't prove anything, but it is interesting how quickly he could escalate with very little provocation. There were other things too that I can't talk about as they have never been in the media.

14. BOESP

BOESP Member

I agree with you about Arndt though I do think there is a chance she let her training in sexual assaults influence her thinking about John, but then that might be a plus for assuming John is the guilty party. At this point, we have Arndt=John, Thomas=Patsy, and Kolar=apparently, Burke. Maybe it was all three with only the parents being culpable?????

From what I saw of Patsy on television I didn't find her appealing at all. She came across as phony, arrogant and sad.

15. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

Thank you BobC. Interesting...whom he tried to imitate???

16. BOESP

BOESP Member

OM4U, I agree with what you said. In fact, I posted something similar on Websleuths back a few months ago. Maybe it was JonBenet whose behavior had to be hidden from the world. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Regardless, John and Patsy were accountable. I tend to side with Steve Thomas's viewpoint but without access to all evidence I can't say that I'm being objective about it. While I also see the good in Kolar's book, I can see innocent explanations for a lot of Burke's behavior. I wish Kolar hadn't be so evasive but I can understand why he was.

Some of those friends, neighbors, and acquaintances who made the nice comments about JonBenet also said she could be a brat. I suppose most kids are brats sometimes but I took it to mean she could be a brat in general and not just occasionally.

Regardless, someone is responsible for her death and I believe in accountability and accepting responsibility. I can't see any way to achieve justice for the homicide of a six-year-old but if the guilty party is yet living they need to be held accountable in my opinion.

17. BobC

Arndt was a victim's rights advocate, and since men commit the vast majority of sexual assaults, I wouldn't blame her at all for looking at JR with suspicion. What bothers me is that she said she "knew" who the killer was, based on nothing but gut feeling, based on a "Non-verbal exchange" with Ramsey that morning. That is not professional in my mind. In her defense, she never actually named Ramsey as the killer, as some people like Peter Boyles have said, but the implication was pretty clear.

It's fine to have gut feelings until they turn into "facts." I have never thought JR was molesting his daughter. That is my gut feeling--but I would never say that I knew that as a fact.

18. BobC

Open--I think you already know this but saying "Shut up! I'm not talking to you!!!" is almost word for word what JR said to Burke the morning of the murder.

19. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

Agree and thank you BOESP. No one deserves to end the life in such a horrible death, especially child.

In 16 years waiting for JB justice, I never felt so excited as I'm today. Couldn't wait till 9:pm, Tricia's radio show. I really-really hope that she'll ask her guests (hope one of them is legal-eagel) this question: 'do we have justification for NEW GJ?'.

20. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

Yes, I know...I've been sarcastic:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice