Sexual Behavior Problems (SBP) - from James Kolar's book about Ramsey case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Don't know if Kolar elaborates further on this situation, Bob (?). Would be interesting to find out more!

If the Ramsey Team could plant hidden cams in four rooms, Bob, what else did they do which wasn't discovered?

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I don't think Kolar says which rooms, Elle--but I'd be interested as to which rooms the Ramseys wanted monitored. Since the PI's were hired to bolster the R's defense, I'll bet they wanted those cameras in places where the "action" took place--as in the night of the murder.

The Ramseys, IMO, wanted to know if the detectives were "getting warm."

Remember, the Ramsey's hired PI's the day after the murder, and the first person they tried to talk to was Fleet White, who, at the time, wasn't a suspect. The Ramseys, obviously, were trying to get their stories straight rather than find any killer.

3. Elle

Elle Member

I hear you, Bob, and if their scheme had worked they would have been able to continue further with their innocent plea.

4. BobC

If it had been my kid murdered, I'd have those PI's checking on the people I supposedly thought killed her--not my best friend. Ergo, the Ramsey's had a different motive for hiring those PI's.

5. heymom

heymom Member

JR had no friends, at least none he wasn't willing to throw under the bus in order to save his own lizard skin. I think they had to know what Fleet knew - what he believed about the whole kidnap/murder thing. Maybe they wanted to know what it would cost them to make him shut up. Or maybe they wanted Fleet to understand how miserable his life was going to be if he decided to cooperate with the BPD investigation.

Did White talk to them with a lawyer present? Or did he talk to them at all?

6. Karen

Karen Member

If I remember correctly Kolar said the Ramseys lawyers or PI's admitted to police to putting the cameras there but they said it was because someone had vandalized the house or tried to burn it down or something so their excuse was it was for security purposes.

7. cynic

cynic Member

This is actually old news; Steve Thomas went into it in some detail:
    A group of our Dream Team attorneys and detectives walked into an ambush during a visit to the Fifteenth Street Ramsey home, after receiving permission and being let in by a Realtor. As they spent two hours going from room to room, discussing how the case facts fit with the geographic layout of the house, Team Ramsey was secretly videotaping our moves.
    Police discovered four tiny cameras hidden inside motion detectors and followed the wires to a videotape recorder and monitor locked in a basement closet. The cameras covered the basement, JonBenét’s bedroom, and part of the main floor—precisely the areas where our team had stopped and talked about the case. A tape was retrieved showing our team on the site.
    The videotape recorder did not record continuously but required a physical act to switch it on. Someone had activated it only an hour and fifteen minutes before our people arrived.

The covert surveillance could have been a crime if a listening device had also been found. I was willing to bet there was a miniaturized bug planted in there somewhere, but FBI technicians said they would be unable to find it without tearing the house apart. Beckner declared it a crime scene, had the locks changed, and seized all the video equipment as evidence.
    The Ramsey lawyers and private investigators later admitted that the video equipment belonged to them and claimed it was installed because of concerns about trespassing. If that were true, why didn’t they tell us before, and why did they have the cameras running? I didn’t believe them, but although the incident screamed for a thorough investigation, it went away, just like Computergate.

JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 271 - 272

8. Elle

Elle Member

It has been years since I read Steve Thomas' book cynic, and I no longer have it on hand. It just jumped out at me in Kolar's book.

9. BobC

It's been a long time for me too but I seem to recall ST theorizing that the flashlight might have been the murder weapon, but the death could have also been caused by JBR getting knocked down and hitting her head on something like the bath tub.

10. heymom

heymom Member

I didn't remember that passage. How did the Ramsey team know that the BPD investigators were going to be at the house? There must have been a mole in the BPD. Or Hunter himself?

11. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Steve Thomas thought this too, Bob!

12. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thanks Cynic. You always come through. It has been a long time for me too from reading ST book. I admire your ready knowledge on all facets of this case. My :2cents:

13. otg

otg Member

This incident happened in July, 1997, and BPD had released it as a crime scene. I started to answer you that probably the realtor told JR that the BPD were wanting access to the house.

But I looked up the passage in Kolar's book, and the preceding paragraph said otherwise:

So indeed, Hunter tipped them off.

14. heymom

heymom Member

Ah. Well, that explains the general access to the house, but not how someone turned on the machine to record JUST BEFORE the BPD got there. Unless they had to call the realtor every time, like someone would if they were going to do a showing.

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Good ol' Alex Hunter ... a bonafide member of Team Ramsey since Day One.

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

Could it be definitely established that the boot print was from Burke's Hi-Tecs?

17. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

No. The print couldn't be connected to any specific Hi-Tec boots, and the boots reportedly owned by Burke were never recovered. But the police have evidence that Burke did indeed have a pair of these boots. Kolar, p. 227

18. rashomon

rashomon Member

What has always puzzled me: Even if it was only a partial boot print: wouldn't it have been possible to determine from the dimensions of the print whether it was from an adult shoe size or from a size fitting a nine-year-old?

19. Elle

Elle Member

Methinks the FFJ Mod Squad are moving away from this theory, Bob.
    Too late for me to attend night school to keep up with their technical jargon. I'll just have to stand in the Wings and wait for the next act to appear![​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  20. Elle

Elle Member

Karen,

You say you are stunned by reading ( From ff:wrkj?, kolar; pages 367-70) from KoldKase's post. I am sick inside and stunned too, because I have just come across KK's above post and I don't know how I missed it. Was I having a bad time way back then, I wonder(?). Oh geez! It's 2:40 am and my husband and I were still up with visitors who arrived very late. So I thought I would unwind by reading some posts here. Koldkase, I missed this post where you ask posters to brace themselves for evidence we have not known about.

Karen was stunned by reading pages 367-70. So am I! I don't know how I missed this post KK? I feel sick inside. Good grief, here am I saying in my posts that Burke was too young to know why there would be evidence of sexual abuse in Jonbenét's vagina. I'm speechless. Then it has to be Burke who was abusing JonBenét sexually. End of story.

Kolar advised us not to jump ahead, but I can see why Koldkase had to jump ahead. Everything falls into place here. The Ramseys were protecting their son, Burke. End of story!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice