James Kolar's new book! It's what we have been waiting for! Daily Beast article!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Jul 18, 2012.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'll be happy to have that discussion, as I'm not trying to be a tease.

But I do want to give Kolar his thunder tonight on Tricia's program first. He may not care, but I don't want to step on toes.

Some things Carol wrote about though, that are pretty important:

I haven't gotten to the DNA on the murder weapon yet. Can't WAIT to read that.

And also I haven't gotten to the "marks" which are NOT from a stun gun. ARG. Maybe Zoomama or cynic can talk about that?

Truly, I've had such an information overload the last two days, my brain hurts. :headache:

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Oh and me too! the courage it has taken for both of these women to hang tough over these past months and years is wonderful. Now let's all hear what news Chief Kolar has to tell us. Can't wait.

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Sorry--I was busy and couldn't post.

I'll tell you what the huge thing was that I noticed--over all these years, I have never heard anyone definitively say that investigators knew what the murder weapon was--yes there were theories about the flashlight or JBR smashing her head on the bathtub. This article talks about DNA found on the MURDER WEAPON AND the rope around JBR's neck. Yes we knew about fibers, but DNA? Does this mean the investigators know now for sure what the murder weapon was, and that a certain IDENTIFIED person's DNA was recovered from it? This is HUGE, if true.

I will share something that I learned from someone "close to the case" but not directly involved, very early on. I was told that DNA was taken from the back of the duct tape, and it matched a certain person who said they never touched the duct tape. About a year after I got this information, a story came out in one of the tabs that fibers from Patsy's vest were found on the back of the duct tape. I always wondered if my friend got that mixed up with DNA, and I just forgot about it. Now this article seems to be saying there was DNA found in the garrote, the murder weapon, and "other places." Let's just say I am curious. We knew about fibers, but if DNA was found on items Patsy couldn't have touched if she wasn't involved--then that is BIG

4. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

That video alone is AWESOME.

The hole is not only so large, but so JAGGED it would be a shock to find someone dressed in thick clothing to fight off the cold of winter would not leave a massive amount of fiber evidence on the edges as their hand and arm scraped past all those edges to reach for the latch inside.

Hey, wait. There were cobwebs actually strung between different jagged edges of the pane glass? And somehow this putative intruder managed not to scrape them off onto their sleeve when reaching through the hole?

Ordering Kolar's book now.

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

KK--you noticed the same thing I did!

6. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Quite by accident I found the book on Amazon about 2 weeks ago, ordered it then called Tricia to tell her about finding it. She had sworn me to secrecy and threat of beating me to a pulp if i spoke about it. I haven't until this very moment. I've read all 506 pages and loved it from start to finish. While many answers are there for all the questions we have asked over these many years it is best to read from beginning to the end and not skip around in the chapters. It reads better that way.

In the video on DB the "toy" that caused the marks is seen. That is just a hint and I really don't want to spoil it for Chief Kolar or Tricia on the show which is about to start.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  7. brenk

brenk Member

Years ago after JB was murdered, word was, the marks were
    made from JB's weaving toy. The kind you make potholders.
    It has little prongs that matched the marks on her body.
    The little loops that was found in JB's room was what was used
    to make the potholders.
    The stooges called them hair ties.

Most of the early information about this case is gone.
    Now, I see why.

kk (kay)

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I think it needs to be emphasized that James Kolar went into the investigation with a totally open mind. He had no preconceived notions about Ramsey innocence or guilt. Kolar started working for the DA's office as a "fence sitter" in the Ramsey case.

Several times on Tricia's radio show, Kolar used the phrase, "when he came down off the fence ..."

Kolar worked in the DA's office for two years and saw ALL of the evidence. What he saw in those evidence files made him come down off the fence on the side of there being NO INTRUDER and that the family had to be looked again.

That is a very powerful statement.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

And isn't it sad that no one is looking?

Just as we always thought- NO ONE is investigating this case, despite the blah blah lip service from the "new" DA. Same as the OLD DAs IMO. The RST got to him too. Don't they realize it is so obvious WHY they won't/can't investigate the Rs?

Patsy is dead and BR is not prosecutable. The END.

But at the very least we could have hoped for witness tampering or obstruction of justice.

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

It's a clear case of the foxes guarding the henhouse.

They're never going to hold one of their own accountable. They're too afraid they'll end up being held accountable themselves some day.

You know...when they're making the laws as Congressmen/women.

Let that sink in....

Reminds me of the old joke:

What do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of a lake?

A good start....

:verdict:

11. cynic

cynic Member

Another "Daily" weighs in, this time a Camera rather than a Beast.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/bou...r-da-investigator-writes-jonbenet-ramsey-book

Former Boulder DA investigator writes JonBenet Ramsey book

By Mitchell Byars Camera Staff Writer
    Posted: 07/18/2012 09:34:53 PM MDT
    July 19, 2012 4:11 AM GMTUpdated: 07/18/2012 10:11:38 PM MDT

[SNIP]

In "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?" Kolar draws upon his access to records, interviews, photos and video to make his argument against an intruder kidnapping JonBenet.

"My theory definitely went against an intruder," Kolar said. "There was strong physical evidence that discounted the intruder theory as it existed."

[SNIP]

"I left with the understanding and impression that the DA's office was totally sold on the intruder theory in spite of the evidence I pointed to," he said.

Investigators have pointed to unmatched DNA found on JonBenet as evidence of an intruder. Kolar said it's "false hope to think DNA samples point to an actual perpetrator."

"Too many people have hung their hat on that," he said.

[SNIP]

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner said Kolar sent him a copy of the book, and he's read about 55 pages so far. Beckner was a commander in October 1997 when then-Chief Tom Koby assigned him to take over management of the Ramsey investigation.

Beckner said he doesn't think Kolar's theory will be new to anyone familiar with the case.

"I think, you know, if you go back to the history of this case, that has always been one of the theories of the case that has been investigated and been out there," Beckner said. "So I don't know why that is a surprise at this point."

Beckner said the Ramsey case remains open but is not actively being investigated. Detectives follow up on fresh tips occasionally or look at evidence again when someone comes up with a new idea on how to approach it, he said.

"I'd classify it as a cold case," Beckner said.

Beckner said he is not concerned by newly released material from the investigation -- including police video shot in the Ramsey basement shortly after JonBenet's murder -- because of the case's cold status.

District Attorney Stan Garnett said he is not specifically concerned about Kolar's book.

"One of the problems with the Ramsey case has been the extensive public debate in a very unfocused environment," he said. "So this is not any more significant than any of my concerns about public discussions of the Ramsey case."

Garnett said he has received a copy of the book but has not read it yet, "so I can't say if it is mainly speculation or not."

[SNIP]

Garnett said the case is a Boulder police investigation, and unless new evidence comes up, his office's priority must remain on current cases.

"We have a lot of very active and very important cases, and that is where I will continue to put my efforts," Garnett said. "From what I can tell, the people of Boulder County, who I represent, don't want to hear about this case unless I am able to file a case and press charges, which I'm not. So I'm not going to say anything about it.

"We're very interested in cold cases if we have evidence," he said. "We're not going to file charges on theories or books or people speculating back and forth, but is there admissible evidence, and I don't think there is in the Ramsey case."

12. Cherokee

Thanks for posting this, Cynic!

At least, the Boulder Daily Camera has picked up the story. That means more people will read about Kolar's book, and that is good news for anyone interested in the truth of this case!

13. Cherokee

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I'm so glad. The more the merrier. I hope it hits the TV stations too with some talking heads other than the RST

15. Cherokee

From your mouth to God's ears!

It would be nice to have some unbiased reporting for once instead of the same-old Ramsey spin and love fest.

16. Scarifier

Scarifier McHag The Third

Gosh. I have been away for a long time ("You last visited: October 24, 2010, 7:40 am"). I used to visit here every day, more or less. I did have a baby in November 2010, though! :D

I *just* saw the article in the Daily Mail online and surprised myself with all the different emotions I experienced in the space of a few seconds:

Sadness - I feel sadness every time I think of JonBenet.
    Excitement - Fresh information! Ever closer to the truth.
    Sickness - Knowing there will never truly be justice.
    Sadness again.

The last time I was really here, I didn't have a child of my own. She's having a nap right now. I'm fighting so hard not to run upstairs and wake her up just so I can cuddle her. She's the most precious thing in the world to me. It makes it even harder to think about what happened.

Now, off to Amazon UK to see if they have it in stock!

(oh, and hello! I never posted much and doubt whether anyone remembers me, but I was a very good lurker!)

17. Cherokee

Of course, we remember you - I was excited to see you logged in and posting!

Congratulations on your new baby! You are so right they are the most precious thing in the world. Enjoy every minute of your cuddles and take lots of pictures. They grow up so fast.

Being a parent really gives you another perspective on the Ramsey case, in more ways than one.

18. Cherokee

As of 10 a.m. this morning, Kolar's book and news article has been picked up by 104 media sources and is being spread all over the internet!!!

Just a few of the major media organizations now carrying the story:

The Associated Press
    Huffington Post
    CBSNews
    Washington Post
    Vancouver Sun
    Modesto Bee
    Denver Post
    Arizona Daily Star
    Seattle Times
    Miami Herald
    Philadelphia Inquirer
    Minneapolis Star Tribune
    Washington Times

19. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

This is very promising. These media outlets for sure may bring something good to this case. I can't imagine that with all the media zooming in on this that it won't be anything but talk segments with invited experts. I am really excited now

20. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, DeeDee we could have hoped for that. It was very obvious to me James Kolar wasn't able to say all he wanted to say on this broadcast last night for fear of reprisal from certain people. You could hear him hesitating before he spoke.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice