Websleuths Radio Show Sunday 8 PM EST, August 14, 2011 - JonBenet Ramsey

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 13, 2011.

1. cynic

cynic Member

Maybe that was the plan. :poke:
    :runaway:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. cynic

cynic Member

As the author of the ransom note, Patsy would have been the easiest to prosecute by far.
    Her death also means that introducing some of the evidence relating to her would be problematic because of hearsay rules.
    The show is long, nearly 3 hours, but you can save it and listen to it in parts.
    http://blogtalk.vo.llnwd.net/o23/show/2/123/show_2123881.mp3

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hey~where you going?! I'm just getting wound up! :whipit:

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

This was a catch-22. They HAD proof of prior sexual assault. It was in Meyer's autopsy report. All they had to do was put him on the stand.
    But the problem was the DA didn't WANT him on the stand. On the witness stand Meyer could be asked about many things in his report, and he'd have been asked about his verbal comments, made to LE (Arndt and Trujillo) who were present at the autopsy as well. One of his comments was that he felt the injuries were consistent with digital penetration.

In order to provide proof of prior assault they needed to go to trial and put Meyer on the stand. But they didn't want to put Meyer on he stand. Though he is supposed to be impartial, a coroner's "findings" can be manipulated or stated in a more ambiguous way. Some coroners are hired, some are appointed. But they can all be replaced if they prove too "troublesome" with certain cases.

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Of course you're right, DeeDee. I saw Meyer on the stand in the Midyette trial. He was so easily swayed in his findings, depending on which side was questioning him, I was disgusted. I knew immediately he'd have been a milktoast in the hands of any defense lawyer.

But as you say, the problem in this case wasn't the hired defense lawyers, it was Hunter, who, along with Lacy and DeMuth, was the de facto defense lawyer. He had no will to prosecute the Ramseys for any of the crimes for which they obviously should have been tried. Darnay Hoffman said as much early on in this case, and he was right about that, I'll give him his due.

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

I haven't yet listened to the show; did Wecht say he believes John Ramsey sexually abused JonBenet on that night?

If yes, did Wecht offer an explanation as to why it was fibers from Patsy's jacket that were found on the duct tape and in the garrote?

7. Elle

Elle Member

Hello rashomon. Nice to see your name here again. I would need to listen to the recording again, but here is an excerpt from cynic's post on this thread - page 11, which will fill you in on some of Dr, Wecht's thoughts on this sexual attack on JonBenét that fatal night. There are other interesting expert opinions included in this post.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks to Cynic, I was reading Dr. Henry Lee's excerpt from cynic's post on page 11 - Post No.52, it seems Lee was influential in making up DA Hunter's mind telling him not to file charges against the Ramseys.

9. rashomon

rashomon Member

Thank you Elle for providing the excerpt from Cynic's post.

But couldn't the "rather gently wrapping of the cord around the neck" also indicate that it was a staged scene where the cord was put around the neck after the head blow?

Could this indicate that the results of the 'reinvestigation' point to Patsy Ramsey as the killer of JonBenet?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  10. Elle

Elle Member

I personally think the reinvestigation does point to Patsy Ramsey, rashomon. Like Detective Steve Thomas stated, I too think Patsy Ramsey was in an uncontrollable rage over JonBenét's bedwetting, but she must have known her little girl was also being sexually abused. I'm sure mothers of little girls would know if their little girls were being interfered with through constantly bathing them. I just had little boys to look after.

Reading over Dr. Wecht's information relating to the measurements of JonBenét's hymen has really shocked me to the core. This poor little girl must have been sexualy abused many times with Patsy Ramsey knowing it. Unbelievable!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice