Here's to ya!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by The Punisher, Oct 30, 2008.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Oh, my friends. Jammy sue has given me (and by extension, the rest of you) a real parting gift. That's right: she's released parts of Smitty's depo. Most of the really juicy bits confirm what many of us have suspected, that he thinks he knows more than the actual experts. Let's take a look:

A. Because I think he came to the wrong conclusion.

Q. But can't an expert that is well qualified reach the wrong conclusion occasionally?

MR. WOOD: Are you asking him to comment on Dr. Spitz's qualifications?

MR. HOFFMAN: Well, yeah, I asked him why he didn't feel he was qualified, and he said just because he came to the wrong conclusion. That doesn't necessarily mean he is not qualified.

MR. WOOD: All I am saying is to the form of your question, your question assumes a well-qualified expert.

MR. HOFFMAN: Okay. Then I am going to ask --

Q.(By Mr. Hoffman)-- Detective Smit whether you think Warner Spitz is a well-qualified expert?

A. Personally, no.

Q. Okay. And the reasons for that?

A. Mainly because I have seen his reports. I have also talked to other doctors and pathologists. They do not agree with Warner Spitz. I will also go by what they say.

Gee, Lou, did you ever think of TALKING to Werner Spitz?!

Oh, but it gets better!

Q. But Dr. Richard Krugman is the dean of the, I think, Colorado University Health Sciences Center, and is considered a nationally-known child abuse expert, and apparently doesn't agree with you.

MR. WOOD: Are you talking about, when you say "sexually molested," are you representing that Dr. Krugman is taking the position that there was not a sexual assault as evidenced by the trauma to JonBenet Ramsey's vagina?

MR. HOFFMAN: No. That simply that there wasn't sexual gratification as a motivation behind it; that there was some sort of an assault on the sex organs, but they weren't necessarily for the purposes of sexual gratification. That is the representation.

MR. WOOD: So the representation is that Dr. Krugman acknowledges that she was physically assaulted with some type of instrument in her vaginal area, but Dr. Krugman, you represent, has some theory as to why that attack took place that would differ from --

MR. HOFFMAN: No, I just want you --

MR. WOOD: Excuse me.

-- the idea that it was a sexual motivation?

MR. HOFFMAN: I just wanted to ask Detective Smit whether or not he had heard that and whether he knew of it.

MR. WOOD: I am just not sure what he is being asked to say that he heard of.

Q.(By Mr. Hoffman) Simply -- well, have you heard that Dr. Krugman does not believe that this was a sexual assault involving gratification?

A. No, I have not.

Folks, this little nugget is going in the book!

It was exactly six years ago today that I told Jammy to take their theory and shove it. Now on this glorious anniversary, I have been given a gift from the most unexpected source.

I would have waited an eternity for this.

I am going to teach that crowd (I'm talking to YOU, Bucky) that turnabout IS indeed fair play.

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

Looks Smit probably never heard of what Krugman said because he did not bother to study any detailed reports. On the third day of his stay in Boulder, he waltzed into the conference room, telling the stunned detectives he didn't think it was the Ramseys and from then on, consistently blocked out any evidence pointing to their involvement. Reading his interviews with J. Ramsey, one would think he was his defense attorney working out a strategy together with his client.
    Lou Smit about suspects:
    It borders on the comical that Smit completely abanoned his own principles when it came to scrutinizung the Ramseys. He ignored Patsy's jacket fibers in the ligature, he ignored the evidence tying her to the writing of the ransom note, and compleletly ignored the staged ligature scene by claiming some cord wrappped around a stick was an "elaborate sexual device". Priceless.
    And Smit 'seeing' a blue arc from a stun gun on the victim's skin is the icing on the cake of delusion that idiot eagerly swallowed.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

OMG - you have this effect of keeping me on the edge of my seat! Enough already - Sic 'em, Tiger!!! Congrats on the anniversary Confirmation that you came to the correct conclusions.....those are always sweet!

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I know, Punisher, it's absolutely insane that Lou Smit is so arrogant and stupid at the same time.

Speaking of Lou "psychic" Smit's depo, I haven't had time to start a serious reading of it :puke: but did catch this little gemstone:

Did he say that the "axillary hair" DNA has 27 markers?

And and and...does he say that if THAT is matched to the "intruder", he's the killer?

And and and...DOES THAT AXILLARY HAIR DNA MATCH THE "TOUCH" DNA?

Seem like it ought to, if it belongs to the killer, PER THE RST INTRUDER THEORY AND THE EXONERATION OF THE RAMSEYS LACY BASED ON THAT "TOUCH" DNA, but I haven't heard one word about that axillary hair DNA matching the "touch" DNA....

If these two DNA sources do not match, is Smit now of the mind that there was MORE than ONE INTRUDER? ARE WE BACK TO THE FOREIGN FACTION?

Or...does this mean that the RST will have to admit that THERE IS DNA PRESENT NOT BELONGING TO THE KILLER NOR THE RAMSEYS?

Or are they going to have to admit that Patsy matched the hair DNA? Or did she match the ancillary hair DNA, as was reported in one of the CO newspaper long ago?

"Psychic" Smit sure does use a lot of "IF's" for someone who is so darned SURE he knows there was an intruder!

Confused, like me?

Anyone?

5. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I'm so glad this gift came your way Punisher. Please, please, please just promise us that your book will not only be in English, but that we can buy it right here in the USA

:pray:

6. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

axillary hair

What an idiot - axillary hair comes from the arm pit. Ancillary hair from the abdomen or another part of the body. Anybody who wants to use that hair as evidence of an intruder should know that the term axillary definitely refers to the arm pit.

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

I might be wrong, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that either an armpit hair (or an arm hair) could be sourced to Patsy. Does anyone know more about it?

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yeah, I was about to get to that. In fairness to Smit (not that he deserves it), it wasn't until AFTER he was deposed that it was reported that mitochondrial DNA testing had matched the hair to Patsy. I remember because I was watching FOX News that day, and Carol McKinley came on with the story. August of 2002, if my memory's not too crummy.

9. koldkase

Thanks for reminding me of that, Texan, because when I first posted my post, I had put "ancillary hair" in the part I wrote. Then I read for editing and noticed Smit said "axillary hair". So I looked it up and yeah, "axillary" is armpit. But I edited and changed my referral because I couldn't find "ancillary" except in "hair removal" ads, and I didn't have time to chase down what the heck "Psychic" Smit meant.

At any rate, Punisher, I remember when that news report came out that said Patsy was the match for the "ancillary hair". Of course, the RST denied that was true. NOW we have "Psychic" Smit saying it was an UNMATCHED "axillary hair". So I ask AGAIN if there were 27 markers profiled in the DNA of that hair, DID IT MATCH THE "TOUCH" DNA? Seems important, when one considers HOW LACY SAYS THE "TOUCH" DNA BELONGS TO THE KILLER. If the "axillary/ancillary/whatevah hair" doesn't match the "touch DNA", THEN EITHER THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE INTRUDER, according to the RST, OR ONE IS ARTIFACT, OR BOTH ARE ARTIFACT. heh

When I get a bit more time, I'll go through my old files and see if I can find the "match to Patsy" article.

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Smit said axcillary (armpit) hair. He was wrong, and we all know not just about this. That hair was later found to be an ANCILLARY hair from PR's forearm.
    The misconception (LIE, actually) about the "pubic hair" fits in with the whole Smit denial theme. It goes hand in hand with the "mystery palm print" on the basement door that was FOUND TO BELONG to JR's daughter Melinda.
    What drives me crazy about these so-called "mysteries" is that when they are solved, as these two were, you don't hear much about it at all. That's because the RST wants to leave as many threads untied as they can- the cloudier this case is, the harder to see the truth.

11. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

KK,

If memory serves, the "article" about Patsy's hair came from Charlie Brennan along with the palm print belonging to Melinda. It went undisputed by Smit or Wood, but the RST "stupid groupies" continued to state the "unmatched" scenario. I don't think you'll find the match statement anywhere else but Brennan, because they have bashed Brennan for writing it for years without explaining why Smit or Wood refused to dispute it.

But then again, it's MY memory I'm basing this on and that is not an unimpeachable source ;)

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

It gets worse.

Apparently, he never saw the video or read the transcript of Haney's interview of Patsy.

Good God. At this rate, he'll need a book of his OWN by the time I'm through.

13. koldkase

:floor:

How can ANY "detective" claim to KNOW the case if he doesn't even KNOW what the prime suspects have said under questioning?

Lou "Psychic" Smit sold his soul to the Ramseys and his reward has been the "LEGEND LOU SMIT" legacy imparted to him by all the Ramsey shills, professional and amateur. I have always been ASTONISHED that ANYONE could see "Psychic" Smit talking about this case and take him seriously.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice