Pep Talk! 2012 is a Great Year for the Truth in the JonBenet Case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynic

cynic Member

I completely agree that the only shaky, atrophied leg that IDI has to stand on is the much-hyped, much-misunderstood, Lacy-spun DNA.
    I don’t believe, however, that it will ever be sourced because I think the most probable source is a decedent that was autopsied by John Meyer prior to JonBenet.
    (Although there are a number of innocent explanations, contrary to Lacy’s ridiculous assertions.)

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Please add me to the Cynic Club.

Whatever Tricia's news is, it doesn't come from Burke Ramsey. He's too busy hiding behind lawyers and doing what Mommy and Daddy taught him to do; compartmentalizing his life so he doesn't have to think about JonBenet and what happened Christmas 1996.

Burke is living the life of a typical twenty-something and, unsurprisingly, is interested in only continuing that life. Why would he give that up to suddenly reveal "the truth"? Being the sibling of a famous celebrity is a tough job. Your life is always overshadowed by theirs. If anything, Burke resents the imposition of anything case-related in his life. That's the main reason he slammed the door in the detective's faces. Burke isn't going to revisit that part of his life willingly.

I've seen photos of Burke and John laughing and dancing away at a Christmas Dance the year Patsy died. At a Christmas dance. Just six months after Patsy died in 2004 and exactly eight years after JonBenet was supposedly killed by a stranger in the Ramsey home.

I understand that people do different things to assauge their grief, and that you can't sit in sackcloth and ashes forever, but for me, it was somewhat disturbing. John looks like he doesn't have a care in the world. I've never seen him look more natural or happy. Burke is having a whale of a time with his girlfriend and other friends.

That's what I mean by compartmentalization. That was then, this is now. There is no great remorse or feelings of guilt or sadness. The way the Ramseys deal with what happened to JonBenet is to keep it at arm's length, or at the arm's length of their attorneys. John doesn't even keep up the pretense of looking for "the intruder" any more. He's done. It's over. He hopes.

3. cynic

cynic Member

Gladly.
    BBM

As he said in an interview some 15 years ago (January 8, 1997,) “I kind of forget about it. I just kind of go . . . ” and he lapsed into sounds similar to Nintendo beeps.
    I hate to wax philosophical, but in a sense he’s been making “Nintendo beep sounds” ever since, eventually replacing children’s toys with adult distractions, all the while continuing to forget about “it.”

The boy remembered his sister as being “nice” but added, “Sometimes she bugged me.” JonBenét would tickle him and rummage through his desk to find candy and baseball cards. Bernhard asked how he was dealing with his sister’s death, and Burke replied, “I kind of forget about it. I just kind of go . . . ” and he lapsed into sounds similar to Nintendo beeps.

What do you think happened to your sister?

I know what happened to my sister. She was killed.

But what happened?

I know what happened.

How was she killed? Have you talked to your parents about it?

I asked my dad, Where did you find her body? He said, In the basement. I think someone took her down in the basement . . . took a knife out [losing words, he made a slashing gesture] or hit her on the head.

He said the house was usually always locked.

His descriptions were flat and indifferent. Bernhard detected no fear that the killer might come back for him or that Burke thought the family was in danger. The psychologist said it was very unusual for a child to feel safe when a sibling had been violently killed.

JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 123 -124

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Interesting that his parents said they NEVER talked about JB's murder or the events of that night with BR.

So here we have yet another comment from BR that differs from what his parents have said.

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Was thinking about this. It has to be something that Tricia might know about via any contacts she has, yet something the media have not yet gotten hold of.

I think that rules out any development on the DNA.

Could it be that the Vidocq Society are going to do a cold case review?

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

One thing that I think is probable: this "exposé" will reveal that Patsy was the killer.

I'm fairly sure that no one wants to come out revealing it was John or Burke, because Lin Wood would be doing the happy dance if that were it. Even if the evidence were clear and irrefutable, Wood would sue, and a law suit is expensive even if you win. A lawyer like Wood would make good money, no matter what the outcome.

But Wood can't sue on behalf of a dead person. Well, I guess he might try--he said he'd love to, after Patsy died--but it would be thrown out of court soon enough. I doubt there's any judge who wants to overrun the court systems with lawyers representing dead people.

7. Cherokee

Forgot to reply earlier ...

Cynic, I see your point and agree. I wouldn't blame FW for not wanting to draw attention to himself at this stage in the game. He and his family have been through the mill. Thanks to the Ramseys, Mame :mame: , and a few other crazies, FW has been persecuted beyond belief.

8. Cherokee

Ha ha, your last sentence gave me a visual that looked something like "Zombieland" meets "Night Court"! And of course, Lin Wood was riding high through the carnage! :wood:

9. whitewitch1

whitewitch1 Senior Member

As annoying as I may be, I'm a stickler for details so I had to correct this.
    Patsy died in 2006, not 2004 so that would make it 10 years after JBs death.

Sorry. Carry on. :beammeup:

10. cynic

cynic Member

You’re right KK, because the dead don’t have “feelings,†they can’t be slandered or libeled, and no one can take legal action on their behalf if they feel the name of the deceased has been impugned.
    However, those who are family members, or others who by their close association, (eg. Burke and John,) with the deceased feel that their personal reputation or name has suffered as a result of what was said about the deceased may sue.
    That would be the opening that our “friend†LW would use.

11. Cherokee

Whitewitch, I appreciate you taking the time to correct my mistake. Thank you! I'm a stickler, too, and I should have made sure I had my dates right.

Patsy died June 24, 2006, not 2004, and the Christmas Dance photos were taken six months later in 2006.

12. cynic

cynic Member

Well, it wouldn’t be scruples that would stop LW from taking advantage of the dead.

[​IMG]

13. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Now I will have that visual with me for the rest of my life. OMG. LOL

14. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Ok Ok you guys Cynic, DeeDee, Cherokee and Moab too I think. You shot me down in my thoughts that Burke was the surprise to come. It's OK because we are all guessing and only Tricia knows the answer and she isn't telling....yet. LOL

Tricia, how soon is soon? Come on can you give us another tiny teensey little tidd bit? No more tickles with that feather, hear!

15. Cherokee

Bwaahaaahaa! I love it! :rolling:

That is EXACTLY the image I had in mind! ... although there were a few more zombies, and Lin Wood had a gaping, pus-oozing hole where his heart should have been!

16. Cherokee

Oh Zoomama, my friend, I didn't mean to "shoot" down your idea. Big smacks for me! :bigstick: I thought I was just giving my opinion about (and discussing) the likelihood of Burke ever saying anything about JonBenet, much less something that would incriminate his family and end his current lifestyle. Of course, I hope you are right, but I'm afraid I don't see it, given what I know about Burke at this time.

Cynic reminded me about how my idea of FW saying anything was, basicaly, wishful thinking. Being the former friends of the Ramseys has cost the Whites too much already. I'm sure, like Burke, they don't think it's worth it to step back into that ring of fire.

JMHO, of course. :D

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

That right there should be on the wall of Lin's office, right behind his receptionist.

Cause it's HIM.

They should hire him for a cameo in The Walking Dead, now that I think about it.

Remember what Radar Mag called him? "Attorney for the Damned."

They should have had YOU doing the illustrations, cynic. :floor:

That's going on my desktop right now.

18. Cherokee

It's just too perfect. Cynic's graphic could run in "Variety" with the following caption:

Straight from ZombieWood Theatres, a blockbuster release called TALES OF THE CRYPT COURT where a heartless attorney gets rich representing the lifeless undead.

Starring: Lin Wood and His Ego.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee,

One of my brother's grandson's was exactly like this when playing with his Nintendo. He's about the same age as Burke is now. He has Tourette's
    Syndrome and he beeped a lot when he was younger. :) Maybe Burke has this too! (?).

20. cynic

cynic Member

Just to clarify, I hope you aren’t implying that the pus-oozing hole is indicative of LW once having a heart and it being recently removed?
    According to Georgia legend, he is a creature born devoid of a heart or anything resembling a human circulatory system and exists solely by drawing the life-force from the souls of victims, (along with their cash, of course.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice