Lacy officially "clears" Ramseys

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Tril

Tril Member

I wonder where the clearing by Lacy puts John Ramsey with regards to future lawsuits. Does it clear the way for him to sue those who keep their fingers of suspicion pointing at the Ramseys and speak out about it?

2. heymom

heymom Member

Great post, Watching You, and maybe if we all pitch in, we can afford a cave in Colorado somewhere...just not near Boulder. The world right now doesn't make a lot of sense to me at all, and Boulder was just far ahead of the pack in the insanity.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  3. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

One has to laugh, for the point we are trying to make is that indeed the "new" DNA does not matter to the case, and here is Pam saying exactly that.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I had the exact same thought, WY. That letter had a giant sucking sound all over it and was totally unprofessional by any standards.

Excellent post on the DNA. Unfortunately, the media (and most of the public) don't know, or don't care, about the facts of this case or the finer points of DNA analysis. TV shows like CSI has made everyone think it's easy and simple and that they are a DNA expert.

I want Lacy to answer one question. Why is did her intruder not leave DNA on anything else they touched? The ransom note was free of any intruder DNA or even fingerprints. Why hasn't any DNA been found on the broken paintbrush, the ligature, the nylon cord, or ANYTHING the intruder supposedly touched. If you reply they were wearing gloves, then why would they remove those gloves to touch JonBenet's long johns with their own hands?

This whole thing is so stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

But desperation makes people do stupid things, and Mary Lacy has always been desperate to clear the Ramseys.

5. AMES

AMES Member

The Window Grate

I just kept hoping that Wendy would mention the fact that the "intruder" supposedly came through the basement window, after moving the grate...but, how could THAT be...when that attached spider web was UNDISTURBED. Wendy needs way more than an hour to tell all of the evidence that points AWAY from an intruder. I can't figure out where Nancy Grace stands on this. Is she an RDI or IDI?

6. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I cannot see how the issue of libel suits would change. After all, any change would have come about if this whole to-do turned John into a private figure for whom libel laws would apply differently than they have to date. However, all it would take is for a defendant to say, "Your Honor, of COURSE John Ramsey is still a public figure, after all, when he gets an email virus a reporter is paid by a news organization which then expects to profit financially from the story about him, which is not what happens when private individuals suffer the same problem."

Nope, John is still a public figure, and as a public figure the public still has the right to discuss him as much as they wish, so long as they frame discussion as opinion and do not claim special factual knowledge which they cannot then subsequently prove in court.

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

You know, one doesn't have to be a DNA expert to figure this one out, Cher. More than understanding the science of DNA, all it takes is some critical thinking and good, old common sense. I've not yet determined whether Lacy is as dense as she seems to be or if she is corrupt to her very being. If the former, then she has no critical thinking skills, and she has a deficit of common sense. If the latter, then damn her for obstructing justice.

Another thing that annoys me - Mary Lacy gives credence to all those males who have ever believed that women can't be trusted to carry out their duties in a professional manner because of their hormones. I've never been a big women's rights advocate (just a WY rights advocate), but Lacy sets back those movements with her hormonal-drenched prose in that stupid letter to Ramsey.

8. Thor

Thor Active Member

I was listening to both Nancy Grace and Dan Abrams last night Barbara. Can't remember which show it was on, but someone asked that question and yes, DNA was taken from these folks. I remember specifically Trujillo's name, among others.

9. Watching You

Mary Lacy is not God (though she may think she is). She's not a judge. She has misused her power as DA to remove Ramsey from any further investigation while she is still DA. Her announcement is only good as long as she is still in office. Only a judge and jury have the right to proclaim anyone not guilty so that person can never again be tried for the same crime. The next DA, or another independent investigator, can very well put Ramsey right back under the umbrella.

It would appear that Ramsey is still fair game.

10. Thor

Thor Active Member

Mary Curtains Lacey should have been fired after the John Mark Karr fiasco, IMO.

I was listening to Peter Boyles this a.m. He made an excellent point (and he doesn't believe this BS either). He asked if Mary had the balls (his words) to do this new touch test on the rope/cord involved. He said she probably wouldn't and that he would even pay for the test.

He said this whole thing yesterday was not about JonBenet's murder. It is about clearing HER, Michael Tracey, Hunter etc. It is about her legacy. He said others he talked to were suspicious of the timing of this whole thing, mentioning her leaving office soon.

One other thing that was interesting. He had on Carol McKinley. She was being optimistic in the new DA taking office. She said she was told by some prosecutors that there was possibly a new chance to get something done in the case. She might have mentioned they had some kind of stuff they were sitting on to take to the new DA. She even mentioned a State Grand Jury being done. Peter wasn't that optimistic, saying the case was over with on 12-27-96.

11. Watching You

Peter Boyles is right, Thor. This is about clearing herself and her Ramsey groupie investigators. What a pathetic person she is.

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

Since the stager of the scene (a Ramsey imo) handled both the underpants and the longjohns, couldn't some DNA from the underwear have been transferred to the other garment that way?

With Lacy nowhaving 'cleared' the Ramseys, maybe she is hoping that then no independent proseuctior will ever be handed over the case and open the many cans of worms in showing the abysmal performance of Hunter & Co. there. In terms of abysmal performace, Lacy seems to have taken Hunter als role model.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Exactly, she wants to pick up all the poop in her backyard before she vacates her house. How noble!

She should never have spoken out loud or gone out in public after the Karr fiasco.

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Never mind Karr, she should never be out in public with that HAIR!

15. Watching You

Absolutely, YES.

16. Watching You

Haha, Barbara, I've got steam coming out my ears, and you just took some of the pressure off. Way to go, lady.

17. AMES

AMES Member

Nancy Grace Transcripts

Either I am just missing it, or the last caller on Nancy's show was left out. She asked the question about transference. She wanted to know if when JB went to use the bathroom, if the skin cells could have FALLEN from the long johns, onto her panties...and the answer was NO. I taped it, I will go back and watch it again, and post it here. So, apparently they can't transfer by "FALLING"..but, I bet they can by one garment being against another that has the cells.

18. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Glad I could help. At some point, humor has to have a turn or we'll all lose our mind or at the very least lose some valuable tears that could go to better use!

Today is one of those days that you just want to hate everyone. I come here often today to feel the love

I love you all :grouphug:

19. AMES

AMES Member

Here it is....

Nancy Grace: "Out to the lines its Tonya in Georgia, Hi Tonya."

Caller: "Hi Nancy, my question is, is it possible that the tough DNA that was found on her tights whenever she was going to the bathroom she maybe pulled her tights down and pulled them back up and it fell into her underwear?"

Nancy Grace: "What about it Angela Williamson, is that possible?"

Angela Williamson:" Its hard to comment without exactly knowing where the DNA in her underpants came from. DNA really doesn't fall unless its a fluid or some sort of...."(Interupted by Nancy).

Nancy Grace: "So, very unlikely."

20. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

For those who might not have read Mary Lacy's letter to John Ramsey

Page 1

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice