In-Depth Discussion of Kolar's Book "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Learnin

Learnin Member

See new thread, WHY JOHN LIED ABOUT BREAKING THE WINDOW. I believe it was probably an innocent break...kids throwing a ball around or broke it with something while horsing around?

I think John saw the broken window as an opportunity for an intruder entrance and concocted the story to lead investigators toward the window as an entrance. If John had entered the house through that window when he needed to "break" into the house, then, why not an intruder?

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

KK- I know from a photo that the window was sort of behind something- I though it was the furnace because I recall JR saying once that they didn't worry about the broken window even though it was winter because the furnace made the basement warm. In my mind, I have the furnace in the train room, and you are correct that it was the train room that had the broken window.
    Looking at the photo, I can see the three windows, and the white bookcase/shelves are blocking the view into the part of the room by the windows. I''ll have to go back and look at a floor plan to see where the furnace was.

3. Elle

Elle Member

When it comes to this broken window it becomes ridiculous. With John Andrew living in the Ramsey home on a regular basis, Surely he had a spare key himself (?).Good grief, he was John's son.

Why would the Ramseys go to the trouble of having an expensive alarm system set up and allow a window to be broken for as long as the Ramseys have said it was broken? John Ramsey also did state they hadn't set the alarm. He is supposed to be a very intelligent business man. He sure comes off as being really stupid when it comes to protecting his own home and family.

4. cynic

cynic Member

There are a few different floor plans and depictions of the basement layout; this particular one is the most relevant in terms of the location of the boiler/furnace.

[​IMG]

5. Elle

Elle Member

This makes more sense, Learnin, and is believable!

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Thanks. It looks like from this drawing that the windows are partially behind that bookcase.

7. fr brown

fr brown Member

Does anyone have more information about Patsy's red and black jacket? Kolar tells us it's an Essentials jacket. Somewhere or other I've read that it was fleece.

"Essentials" seems like it might be a line rather than a brand. Does anyone know the manufacturer?

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Interesting fr brown. Brings up 2 things for me...1)fleece would be too warm to be worn indoors, and 2) I've never seen plaid fleece. I believe it would have been a cotton, or cotton blend plaid woven jacket, or maybe even a lightweight wool woven plaid.

9. fr brown

fr brown Member

Didn't she buy it at a discount store? (Marshall's maybe?)

A lot of manufacturer's have an "Essentials" line. I haven't found any jackets that are good candidates yet.

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I have seen it. Those fleece jackets were popular in the early 90s, and I had one myself. (mine wasn't plaid, but it was a print of gray, red, black and green). Patsy's jacket was found to be 100% acrylic fleece.

Fashion Bug, a chain of women's shops, sells clothing of the "Essentials" brand. They have a shop right near me and, though they are not carrying fleece right now (not in style at this time), they do still have the "Essentials" line of clothing. I am not sure if "Essentials" is exclusive to that shop. Patsy mentioned getting hers at a Marshall's, didn't she?

11. cynic

cynic Member

Q. You were shown, I believe, photographs that were taken -- and this is during your '98 interview -- photographs that were taken at the White's house Christmas night at dinner. In that you are wearing a red coat, kind of a wool jacket. Do you recall seeing that?
    A. It is kind of a black and red and gray fleece.
    Q. Cut more like a blazer than –
    A. Like a peacoat.
    MR. WOOD: Well, the picture is the picture, isn't it?
    Q. (By Mr. Levin) Right, like a peacoat. I just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Do you remember that jacket?
    A. Uh-huh (affirmative).
    Q. I would like you to give us a little background on that coat, and again I am not going to hold you to days of the week, but do you recall, first of all, where you purchased it?
    A. Well, Priscilla had had one like it that I admired. And she told me, I believe she told me she got hers at EMS. So I went there to look. And they didn't have one or I didn't want to get one exactly like hers. So I think I got that one at Marshall’s in Boulder.
    Q. Do you recall what year you purchased it?
    A. No.
    Q. Let's -- I can understand that. Now I am going to -- we will take a time frame. Was it a fairly, by your recollection, was it a fairly recent purchase that you had or was this a coat you'd had for some period of time prior -- and, of course, I am using it as the date of JonBenet's murder.
    A. Well, I can't remember. I am sure I bought it in -- as it was getting colder. So it was either probably fall of '96 or '95.
    Q. That, the coat that you wore the night to the Whites, was it something that was -- I mean, the primary color is red.
    MR. WOOD: Well, don't fight over -- excuse me, Patsy. Don't you have a picture?
    Patsy Ramsey Interview, August 2000

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Ok...thanks to fr brown, DeeDee and Cynic for refreshing my memory...I have to admit though that I was referring to the fuzzy fleece material like is in the linings of winter jackets when I said I had never seen a plaid fleece "anything". The outside of those types of jackets can be anything (plaid, strips, or designs) because they are made of a different fabric - just like the fleece-lined hoodies are made of sweatshirt material on the outside.

I think I have always assumed this was a jacket one wore with an outfit indoors, like a suit jacket or blazer.

13. fr brown

fr brown Member

Thanks. Do you still have it? What do the buttons look like?

14. Niner

Niner Active Member

Okay, I finally caught up on reading this thread - and it reminded me of an epsiode in my car with a spider web!

All quotes respectfully snipped...

Okay, re the cobwebs - now my car had a spider in it (somewhere!!?!) and went I drove to work the other day, I came out at lunch to drive somewhere and there was a spider web from my ashtray down to the floor - I cleaned it up and went on my way. Now, coming out of work to go home - there was ANOTHER spider web already nicely made and not where it was before. So, what I'm trying to say is - those spiders are busy little things - webbing away - and it doesn't take THAT long to get a cobweb... hope that makes sense! Just sayin'... And I'm with you koldkase I don't believe John's story about him climbing through that window, and as someone said - sorry - can't remember - that if you DID go through that window - you would remember EXACTLY 'how' you did it! Not like John, hemming and hawing...

Good point, Karen! Excellent thought on the drawers been left open by Patsy - and trying to find something to help JonBenet...

Quite a GREAT discussion here about what Kolar has revealed to us - I HAVE to buy that book...

:hiya:

15. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I sold it on eBay last winter! The buttons were gray plastic, very typical plain buttons. It buttoned up the front like a cardigan. It was very warm. But- these jackets were not really "outerwear". They were meant to be worn with pants or skirt as part of an outfit. If it wasn't freezing outside, you could get away with wearing it as a light jacket. They didn't have linings. I used to wear the thinnest cotton shirts under it.

16. fr brown

fr brown Member

Thanks, DeeDee. Since I think the marks on the back are the size of (smallish) buttons, I'm trying to do due diligence re: button sources.

17. Elle

Elle Member

I know exactly where you're coming from Moab, because I'm on the same wave length as you. You're talking about the same type of fleece we see on a sheep's back. :) I have never seen a plaid fleece "anything". So there you have it. The only plaid I know is the tartan for the Scottish kilts. :) I guess anything goes these days! Fleece lining is in many of the winter jackets!

18. Learnin

Learnin Member

Good point about the spiders spinning webs quickly. This window was warmed by being an opening to the warm basement so we could expect a basement spider to be active.

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

This acrylic fleece is not like the sheep's fleece and not like the "fake" fleece that you are talking about lining jackets. If you have ever seen garments from Old Navy stores called "performance fleece" this is the same kind of fabric as Patsy's jacket. It is acrylic. Patagonia makes shirts out of this too. So do Lands' End and LL Bean. If you go on the Old Navy website and search for "performance fleece" it should pull up some pictures.

20. heymom

heymom Member

I disagree. Those cobwebs look old and abandoned to me, not fresh and not active. There are leaves and dirt in them. They are in the same tattered condition as the dirty window and the broken pieces in the window well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice