CBS docudrama "The Case for JonBenet Ramsey

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Aug 17, 2016.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Surreal

Thank you,CBS!!! I applaud and appreciate your broadcast, the first of it's kind indeed but my million dollar question is this:

IF it was Burke, WHY is this still an active and open investigation instead of CASE CLOSED?!?!

2. RiverRat

Record Breaking!

There are currently 1488 users online. 1 members and 1487 guests

Most users ever online was 1,488, September 19, 2016, 11:16 pm at Mon Sep 19 23:16:00 UTC 2016.

:hiya: :justice:

3. heymom

heymom Member

Very well done CBS!

The one glaring omission was the previous sexual assault that was clearly documented in the autopsy. Dr. Lee blew right by the blood on her panties, which was NOT from someone else, and said the wood from the paint brush could have been transferred there??? How exactly does something get transferred into a 6-year-old's vagina???

JonBenet had an eroded hymen, she had been penetrated by something prior to that night, and she was also penetrated by a paint brush, probably after she was close to death.

Perhaps they would have dealt with that information in the episode that was cut? Maybe the higher-ups deemed it too intense to air, or Wood threatened to sue them?

They also didn't get JonBenet from the kitchen, where she supposedly grabbed the pineapple, down the stairs to the basement where she was struck, which I thought was rather odd. Burke did not strike her in the kitchen.

But overall I thought it was very well done. I was sad that the Whites declined to participate but I'll bet they watched the show.

4. RiverRat

This!

The prior sexual abuse is deserving of more attention!

5. Learnin

Learnin Member

My son, who bought Smit's theory enough that he thought there was good evidence for an intruder, changed his position tonight. After seeing Burke's reaction and evasion of the pineapple question, he said, "that's very damning....I feel sorry for Burke." I never thought I'd see the day. It's no wonder team Ramsey got out ahead of this thing with Dr. Phil.

6. Karen

Karen Member

I think Kolar wrote in his book he thinks Jonbenet was struck in the kitchen area. I have the book here but I haven't looked it up. That's just what I remember.

Thank you FFJ for still being here all this many years later, even though I haven't been. I think this documentary was the most factual, honest look at the evidence I've ever seen in any Jonbenet documentary in all these years.

Does anybody think Wood is going to look for a way to sue?

One more thing. In watching all of Burkes interviews on all these shows lately, and especially in this CBS show, in my opinion there's no way he wasn't coached about what to say. I think he was coached when he was younger and I think he was also coached for the Dr. Phil interview. Isn't it peculiar that the only stories about Jonbenet that both Burke and John recounted on Dr. Phils show were the same ones written in DOI? The stepping on legos, the sparkplug comments by John changed to electricity or something like that. It's all the same stuff we read in DOI. When that question was asked of Burke from Dr. Phil I was looking forward to hearing something new. Some other memory he had of her. It was the same old stories from both of them. That's one reason I think Burke was told what to say and has been told that from the beginning. I agree too that the reaction to the pineapple picture was damning.

7. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Fantastic!

Hello all!

Just had to pop in to say how amazed and thrilled I am to FINALLY see a show that is pretty factual and not hampered by the Ramsey spin. It's gaining huge attention in OZ. I'm thinking Lin Wood must be frothing at the mouth and counting how many people he's going to have to sue now! Fantastic!!

8. heymom

heymom Member

I don't remember Kolar thinking she had been struck down in the kitchen, but maybe. I've got the book right next to me and I will skim it today and see. I thought the general consensus was that the scene of her death was outside the cellar room on the carpet, near the golf clubs and Patsy's painting tote.

Yes, he was heavily coached, I'm sure he spent time with the lawyers and his parents carefully going over what he was to say and was to avoid. He nearly turned himself inside out over that picture of the pineapple bowl! An adult would have just said, "I don't know what that is," but you could see that he did know what it was but wasn't going to speak the words and get himself into a trap.

What I thought as I watched the clips is that he hasn't changed much from when he was 9 years old. Still the inappropriate smiling at this topic, like a cat that ate a canary. Like he can't help himself from being happy that she's gone. I don't know if that's really how he feels but he sure wasn't sad she was gone when he was 9....All I know is that my mother died when I was 10 and I knew she was really dead and wasn't coming back, and I wasn't smiling and "going on with my life" a few days later. If my sister had been kidnapped and killed, I wouldn't have been so sanguine and seemingly pleased about it when talking to others.

9. heymom

heymom Member

The parents were true-billed for neglect and covering up. All the evidence points straight to Burke, yet no one will be charged, so technically it is still an open case.

P.S. Chief Kolar's book was prominently placed throughout the series, and much of what he wrote about was brought into the show. I am very pleased with most of the show, and yes, they probably tread carefully away from previous sexual abuse so that they could not be sued for speculation/slander/libel.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  10. Harley

Harley Member

In think we finally know what happened.

11. RiverRat

Hello My FFJ Familiar Faces!!! If this moment in time does not call for a Group Hug I will eat my Rat Hat!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

12. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I second that RR.

We have come a long way from Justice Watch and our trip to Boulder on the Bitchslap Express.

Finally, we have the 911 call enhanced enough to hear voices. Wood will claim that we are imagining the sound of
    3 different voices but I can hear it with my own ears.

Then you have the 911 operator telling her compelling story as well.

To the longtime and faithful posters at FFJ, please know that your posts have been a comfort to many of the major case players.

It is reassuring to many involved in the case to read strangers comments from all over the world. Reading your posts showing you understand the evidence and are not afraid to discuss details

Not sure what will happen next. Either Wood will be dumb enough to continue this battle and actual file a lawsuit or two or all of this will go away and once again JonBenet fades into the woodwork.

By the way Lin Wood blocked me on twitter after I asked him one question. He blocked everyone who did not follow his way of thinking. Which pretty much means he blocked everyone. LOL

Like RiverRat said this is the very best time for a group hug: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Love,
    Tricia

13. heymom

heymom Member

Thank you to Tricia, and all FFJ members!

I must say I am a little sad that this board is not ON FIRE with people coming back to share their observations, but it's been 20 years, and many people just dropped this and went on with their lives. I never could. I was ecstatic to read Chief Kolar's book although saddened by the reality that must have taken place in that infamous house in Boulder that night.

But here, let's all raise a glass to JUSTICE FOR JONBENET! No case will be filed, but at least more people know the truth, and that has to be a good thing.

:toast::justice::cheering::balloons::cand::glug:

RIP dear little JonBenet

14. RiverRat

Fleet White Said It Best

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Just In Case Fleet and persistent & petite Priscilla lay eyes upon the equally persistent FFJ I need to convey the appreciation and admiration that they deserve! Even though my heart started racing when I heard their name this week...I knew that while there is still a chance for the truth to be completely revealed there would not be a media appearance, their testimony would stand pure. I have NO doubt at all that they would have loved to participate in such a glorious moment like Steve, he knew this was not the typical Ramsey Spin! The Sideshows are officially OVER!!! We deserve to celebrate THIS moment before having to worry about what the next one brings so for now I am just going to enjoy doing just that while remaining proud of my crew here and the people I have supported over the past two decades while knowing what a powerhouse combo together we have been in order for this moment to finally arrive ~ Bravo Everyone!

15. heymom

heymom Member

Does anyone know if Elle is still around?

I would love to hear from her!

Thanks to the Whites, of course. This must have deeply affected their lives, and how terrible for them to have it surface again now, 20 years later. I do wish they'd have been able to speak about it but they probably hope for the best for Burke...

Thanks as always to Chief Kolar for having the courage to write "Foreign Faction" and lay out the case so clearly....How did all of these blatant clues go under the radar....The ransom novella...JonBenet's previous sexual molestation...John and Patsy lawyering up and refusing to talk to police...

Lou Smit was the Ramsey's best friend...his stupid stun gun theory! How could a stun gun put someone to sleep??? Especially a tiny 6 year old girl!! But somehow this theory held sway and fooled many people.

Alex Hunter too. He was responsible for Lou Smit in the first place, and then refused to indict John & Patsy even though the GJ true-billed them! Just unbelievable. The BPD made plenty of mistakes in the early days of the case but the DA's office really put the cherry on top, Hunter and then Lacey.

16. RiverRat

Twenty Years is a longggg time and since we have already lost too many FFJers I am scared to find out Where Are They Now?! If ever there was a time for KoldKase to be strutting her stuff NOW would be the time for her to do so LOL

Can't really blame any of us for having apprehension...look what happened last time we logged on! Two decades later Thank GOD dial-up is also a thing of the past....I wanted to not pay attention when the rumblings found their way to me, but I had to peek around. Seeing the Ramsey's Village IDIOT still standing and offering up a staggering Two Thousand Dollars Reward gave me no other choice but to show up and finish what we started and the Love I feel is real to see the names of THE ELITE Cream of The Crop Soldiers that have dusted off their passwords here to represent The Truth we have always believed in.

Thank You, Tricia! Thank You for keeping the door open here even though you more than have your hands full at WBS! Speaking of the BitchSlapExpress, my all-time favorite adventure of a lifetime, there is a picture of four magnificent warriors ~ You & I are the last two standing from that moment in time as Voyager & Zoomama are now working their wonders from above ~ and doing a fabulous job at that!!!

17. Thor

Thor Active Member

Elle is still around, I hear from her from time to time in email and every once in awhile she'll check in here.

Well, I'm still here, if anyone is wondering. I have been keeping up on all of the specials on this case in the last month or so. I watched Dr. Phil on You Tube with Burke, since I was at work when they aired. Was stunned watching his smiling ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE SCENES I SAW. Very strange. I learned something new, which was he said he went downstairs when (everyone was asleep) and worked on one of his toys with a flashlight. Says a lot.

I wasn't impressed with the Lou Smith show again with the other crockumentary. Nothing more to say.

CBS kicked :(:(:(. I must say, it was fascinating to watch and had me on the edge of my seat. I'll also say, unlike other opinions that were popular, my opinion was pretty much that Burke had something to do with this and John and Pitipat covered up for him. I always went back to this, 20 years in all. No question Patsy wrote the "letter" (better than "note"). Remember John's demeanor changing after he disappeared before JonBenet was "found" at 1:05. I think he figured it out and possibly found her before that time. Just an observation.

My friend at work today is now convinced that my opinion is correct. She says Burke is a sociopath, but I told her about the asperger's possibility too. So, I'm glad to be back with everyone, I never left. This case is my passion and always will be. Love you all, and I'm doing ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  18. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Hi, guys. Did I miss anything?
    You better believe I didn't! This will be a day long remembered.

RIP Intruder Theory: 1996-2016

Missed by none.

I say Lin Wood would have to be a damned fool to try and sue over this. There are millions of RDIs. He can't sue us all!

19. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Totally agree

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

20. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

Craig Silverman - April 2016
    The media coverage was justified. This was a huge mystery and still is. If you cannot care about the murder of this little girl in her own home on Christmas, what do you care about?

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice