I have questions....

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, May 19, 2012.

1. whitewitch1

whitewitch1 Senior Member

It looks like something from the Blair Witch project.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

And a bag of freshly cut pineapple! And a packing peanut! And a red jacket that matched Patsy's and a blue Israeli-wool shirt like John's! Add ONE GLASS CASE WITH PILLOW for the ransom note to explain its lack of folding or bent corners!

By the time the intruder got all THAT in their pockets and under their coat, they'd have looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man!

Of course we know an intruder could only have brought the totally uncreased, pristine, ransom note with them IF he or she had been in the Ramsey home BEFORE that night and took the time to practice and write it with Patsy's pad and Sharpie pen, THEN left the house with it when he or she planned to return with his or her butt-load of accessories that happened to be EXACT matches of what the Ramseys already owned! :balloon:

Honestly, to believe in the Ramsey "intruder" you have to leave your brain at the door and believe the most ridiculously convoluted and twisted thinking imaginable.

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

It does! Patsy did a lot of crafty projects for the kids' school stuff, no doubt for the church, as well. It makes me think of pipe cleaners, which sell in any craft store or dept. for all kinds of children's activities. But I don't think these are pipe cleaners.

Deedee, are you thinking specifically of a wrapped wire of some kind you have seen yourself? I can't think of something like that off the top of my head, but it sounds reasonable.

I don't guess we'll ever know what this is made of, if the crime scene techs collected it, or how and why it was constructed. But it seems rather important on its face, from a speculative POV. To me, anyway.

4. koldkase

This is only to clear up any confusion about this window's location in the basement:

The graph I posted above had me confused, at least, because it puts the photo in a general area with only ONE window indicated in the corner. But that window is perpendicular to a wall, not a door. Another similar window was in the so-called boiler room, next to the cellar room where the body was found, but it abutted the hot water heater and had one pane replaced by the "duct" from which the ghost scream was or was not heard by the neighbor.

So I went looking for where this window could actually be located. Here's a link to the Post's graphic illustration of the layout of the Ramsey basement, which I believe puts this window in the storage room at the top right room in this diagram. This window appears to be in that corner room, but not IN the corner of that space; rather it seems to be the one along the north wall: notice the window is beside a door, which in this diagram appears to go to a small closet.

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/jonhouse1016b.htm

Wonder what was in that closet, BTW.

5. koldkase

Of course Intruder was visiting the house routinely. That's how he managed to sexually abuse the child for months in advance. In fact, I'm sure he has felt very guilty all these years for what he did, after the Ramseys went to so much trouble to cover for him by obstructing the investigation and attacking LE to discredit them at every turn. Boy, would the defense have loved THAT when Intruder was on trial! Reasonable doubt was a done deal for ANYONE other than a Ramsey after Haddon and Wood got done.

6. cynic

cynic Member

While the bong has explained the twisted thinking of some IDI’s such as Lacy, it was good of Lou to volunteer this story about his head injury which I believe explains a great deal of his thinking.
    Detective Smit joined the Colorado Springs Police Department in 1966. At the time, he fell a half-inch short of meeting the 5-foot-9 height requirement. He persuaded his cousin, who was on the force, to hammer him on the head with his nightstick, The New York Times Magazine reported in 2007. The resulting welt allowed him to meet the requirement when he was re-measured.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/14/us/14smit.html

7. cynic

cynic Member

I initially thought that DeeDee’s suggestion that this was vinyl covered wire was the most plausible explanation, but there does appear to be a narrowing in the red circled area that may be better explained with a flat cord edge. As always with these pictures, it’s hard to be certain.

[​IMG]

8. Cherokee

Bwaaahaaahaa! :floor:

OMG, I'd forgotten about that! Oh yes, my friends, that is a perfect example of Lou Smit's logic and critical thinking skills at work!

"Say, I need a half-inch added to my height. I think I'll have my cousin give me a good beat down on the head with a billy club until it raises a 1/2 inch welt, brain damage be damned!"

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  9. koldkase

:floor: Y'all are killing me here!

Smit taught me something very important: it doesn't matter how dumb you are, if you belong to The Club, they'll back you no matter how full of chit you are.

10. Learnin

Learnin Member

Good points, all! I never thought about it but the ole intruder would not have been wondering around on a frigid night in his undies like John did when he "backed" his way down that slit.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

They do not look like pipecleaners. Actually, I have seen that type of rigid, wrapped wire. You can bend it easily enough, but if it fell on the ground it would look exactly like that. A soft cord, like the nylon cord described as making the garrote, wouldn't fall so perfectly straight and flat like that.
    My days don't lend themselves to experiments, but if any of you might like to do it, try letting a knot made of soft cord fall on the ground and see how it looks.

12. Cherokee

The mystery object reminds me of stiff, white, vinyl-covered, electrical wire cut off in the connections of a utility box or some other electrical device.

One Christmas break from college, I helped a friend do inventory in his uncle's TV/electronics repair shop. We counted capacitors and wires until I thought my eyes were going to fall out of my head! There were also leftover parts and snipped wires from finished repair projects. Some of them were twisted in much the same way as the mystery object. Maybe a telephone or utility repairman snipped a wire, and it either fell to the ground or was left there after the completion of a service call. Or maybe the kids found the mystery object somewhere, played with it in the backyard, and then left it there.

13. koldkase

Interesting ideas, all.

I was thinking because of the broken window, and the fact that John was lying about crawling through it on his knees, IMO, maybe it wasn't John who broke it but JAR, Burke, etc. Maybe the kids liked to play in there and this got left behind?

One guess is as good as another, of course.

All I can really say for sure about that window and window well is no intruder came through it the night JB was murdered and JOB Ramsey didn't crawl into that window on his knees. It's my opinion it was staged as the "intruder" entrance and exit by whoever killed JonBenet. Smit got on board and it became the staged centerpiece for the Ramsey propaganda machine. Team Ramsey was climbing in and out the window for every camera pointed their way.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Learnin,

I just cannot see a business exec like John Ramsey undressing like this; going through any type of scenario like this! Not when he was classified as one of the top dog executives. No way would he have lifted up the heavy grate and gone through the whole scene we have read about for years. No way Hosé! More likely he would have chosen to call on someone he knew had a spare key, because there were quite a few spare keys around. The window story It's all concocted! They got away with it!

15. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Just popped into my head after seeing the picture one more time! How about that being drinking straws? While I have a bundle of them at home now that are plastic material, I've seen straws made of a waxy type coating over paper. Maybe I'm just old enough to remember them that way but they did exist once upon a time. And they would have looked like that pinched or folded bit at the tip of the loop.

16. cynic

cynic Member

Sounds exciting. LOL
    I'll give it a try.
    Here is a comparison of the Stansport cord and vinyl covered wire:

[​IMG]

Here is the same shot but with a blur filter applied:

[​IMG]

17. Elle

Elle Member

Pack yourself off to the FBI, cynic. You're wasting your time here! [​IMG]

18. Cherokee

Cynic, thanks for your photo of the covered wire versus Stansport cord. Here's a rotated comparison of your covered wire and the mystery object. Opinions?

Attached Files:

19. cynic

cynic Member

The wire is the clear winner over the Stansport cord, and there is another reason why I say that.
    In order for there to be four ends you have to tie two pieces of the cord together in some fashion. Once you do that, regardless of how simply you tie the two pieces together, (and I tried a few different ways,) it adds quite a bit of “bulk†the joined area in comparison to wrapping two pieces of wire together. That "bulk" is not there in the crime scene picture.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Another spectacular experiment from Cynic. Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice