Ramsey house at 755 (previously 749) 15th Street

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JustinCase, May 18, 2004.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Of course, the address then was 755, not 749.
    And the article (like so many on this case) is not entirely accurate. When the home was remodeled and redecorated, the WC was left intact but walled over. When you walk down the basement now, there is a wall facing you at the bottom of the stairs with a decorative scroll painted on it.
    Then, there was the door to the laundry area and just past that, the EC door.

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Interesting Footnotes on the Hellhole!

They should just tear it down and be done with it.

3. AMES

AMES Member

ita!!!!

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Me, too!

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Not practical.
    Property is valuable- even THAT property. In such a notorious house, a teardown would be the preferable thing, it would also be the most expensive. And that house was expensive enough. If the new owners weren't bothered, the extensive remodeling and redecorating was enough. The inside looks completely different. The outside, however, looks exactly the same. Real estate, especially in a place like Boulder, is too valuable for someone to buy a house like that and tear it down and leave an empty lot.
    If it were me, I'd have changed the outside a bit, too- make it less recognizable.

6. koldkase

We get that it's not a profitable solution.

We just hate the house.

On the other hand, it seems to be such a magnet for seedy people, I think it might actually be a snare Boulder LE could use to trap shysters, rapists, and child killers: wait to see who moves in and then start documenting what kind of criminal behavior or corrupt scam they're running.

:cowboy: :deal: :putemup:

:cop::camera::cop:

:hood:​

7. AMES

AMES Member

I just think that it should be bull dozed down...and rebuilt into an entirely different home. That would stop all of the people that stop and stare and take pictures from riding by. Otherwise, nobody is going to buy it....or IF they do, they will not stay there, and end up putting it on the market..yet again...and again....and again....(for infinity). It's a creepy house...and it needs to be burned or filled with dynamite....or something....ANYTHING to get rid of the darn thing.

8. koldkase

Or maybe they could turn it into a Bed and Breakfast, à la the old Lizzie Borden home. Re-decorate it the same way Patsy had it...and charge extra high rates at Christmas and Halloween. :ghost:

Oh, well, I'm sure the carpetbaggers will figure something out. Maybe they'll get a bailout from Congress. :deal:

9. AMES

AMES Member

I hope that you had a very Happy New year TOO!!! Thanks!!!

Yeah, I know that the house didn't kill JB...but, its just way, WAY creepy.

10. AMES

AMES Member

I saw that too...and they apparently didn't "see" in their "vision" JB being hit on the head, and her severe injury...because they didn't even mention it. And in their "vision"...they saw JB coming down in the dark, and sitting at the table all by herself...and helping herself to a bowl of pineapple. DUHHH..even John said that she would not have gone down their alone, in the dark..because she was scared. That show was a wasted hour of my time.

11. koldkase

The best thing about that show was that it showed completely and inarguably how desperate Tracey and Smit were to squeeze the last drop of notoriety they could out of this murder, no matter how. Totally blew any credibility they ever had--and that was not much to begin with outside the realm of the gullible and the corrupt from Ramseyland and the Republic of Boulder.

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Not to mention that JB's prints were NOT on the bowl of pineapple but Patsy's were.

13. fr brown

fr brown Member

Schuller family list JonBenet Ramsey home for $2.3 million

The house, purchased in 2004 by Crystal Cathedral founder Robert H. Schuller's son-in-law, Tim Milner and daughter Carol Schuller Milner, has been listed at $2.3 million, according to an Associated Press report.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/jonbenet-289203-house-million.html

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

What a difference, right? Yet some chilling features remain- the walk-in fridge, the black/white tile floor.

15. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I posted this info on WS, as has another poster as well. Thank you for posting it here!

16. koldkase

Thanks for the heads-up, peeps.

That house is cursed now. Everyone who has lived in it since the Ramseys has had scandal and trouble: child molestation and murder; allegations that the resident/Co. coach molested a teen student there; and now the owners are involved in an investigation of shady accounting practices alleging the ripping off a church and the small businesses it claims it can't pay for huge amounts of money. (Notice all allegations of these wealthy Boulderites have yet to end in charges or trial. Hmmm....)

Read what Carol Milner says about it in the interview with her: I'm not buying it.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/miln...?nstrack=sid:1136011|met:102300|cat:0|order:4

17. koldkase

Westword has scored a more in depth interview with Carol Milner, about the Ramsey home, living there, etc. I can see that she took lemons and tried to make lemonade. I hope it works out for her, I really do. Maybe then she can take that million dollars she makes on the home and pay back some of the small businesses who never got paid for their services in that extravagant [bankrupt] Crystal Cathedral production she used her artistic skills to produce for one performance.

As for me, she reminds me a lot of Patsy Ramsey. A LOT.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2011/02/jonbenet_ramsey_house_for_sale_photos.php

18. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

That shows a lot of redecorating in the house. With all the new floors and carpets I was surprised to still see the black and white floor in the butler's pantry. The basement redo was also remarkable in that they took down all the walls that it used to have and made that nice big entertainment room. Still and all I was glad to hear that she CSM didn't get bad vibes from the house. I'm not sure how I feel about it all. New floors and paint can't alway block memories.

19. koldkase

I was surprised about the black and white butler's pantry flooring as well, zoomama. With all the money they spent, you'd think they'd have gotten rid of that, as it's not in keeping with the rest of the decor, either.

I think they've done a great job with the house. Can they sell it for that price, in that neighborhood, with its history, in this market? Only time will tell, I guess. Since the church is now bankrupt, they may not have the bargaining power they once had, though. Or maybe they have investors who will back them.

Like you, I have so many negative associations with the house myself, just through photos and knowing what kind of terrible things happened there and spun out from the Ramseys since, I can never forget that.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

The black/white tile floor may actually be marble, and possibly they didn't want to rip out such a pricy floor. They obviously didn't have a problem with what happened in that house, so leaving the floor was not an issue. I had read they did take out the spiral stairs, putting in a more traditional staircase.
    I can't imagine anyone buying that house and NOT knowing about JB's murder there. It has been changed dramatically, true. But even if a potential buyer isn't troubled by any fear of paranormal activity there (often associated with a violent death) they would still have to deal with the troublesome trespassers, curiosity-seekers, etc. THAT may be what keeps a buyer away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice