CBS docudrama "The Case for JonBenet Ramsey

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Niner

Niner Active Member

Oops - looks like they changed their minds on a 6 part series....

CBS Scales Back JonBenet Ramsey Miniseries Plans

"CBS has cut its planned true-crime special about the murder of JonBenet Ramsey from six hours to four. The move comes as a glut of projects investigating the 1996 murder of the six-year-old beauty-pageant contestant make their way to television.

Production on “The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey†wrapped earlier this month. Producers and network executives subsequently came to the decision that, given the material gathered, the project would make more sense as a tighter, two-part, four-hour miniseries than as a more languid six hours spread out over three parts. The move frees up valuable real estate in the fall schedule as CBS looks to launch its new primetime season.

Part one of “The Case Of†will premiere, as originally planned, Sunday, Sept. 18 at 8:30 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. PT, with part two following Monday, Sept. 19 at 9 p.m. CBS will no longer air a third installment, as previously scheduled, on Sunday, Sept. 25. Filling that schedule space, CBS will expand the season premiere of “NCIS: Los Angeles†— making its debut on a new night — from one hour to two, with back-to-back episodes beginning at 8:30 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. PT. The network will close out the night with an hour of reruns..."

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/cbs-...ey-1201858136/

2. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Anyone know how to contact Jim Clemente?

3. heymom

heymom Member

Hmmmm...I wonder if Lin Wood told them they'd better treat carefully...?

Suspicious that this should happen right after the Dr. Phil interview with Burke...I had never actually seen Wood's smarmy face until yesterday. What a *** he is...

I hope this program lives up to its hype.

I still feel sad for Burke. I still think he probably hit his sister on the head, but did not know that she actually died from what he did. What a horrible thing. (I also think he was experimenting sexually with her, which he needed help for at the time.)

4. Learnin

Learnin Member

Yea, I think ole Wood's been threatening. I hope they didn't remove some of the more damning stuff just in case. If this turns out to be soft, I'll kick the front of the TV in.

5. heymom

heymom Member

Don't kill your TV! The longer the whole charade goes on, the less hope I have that the truth will ever be told, but Burke's expression of sheepish confusion and guilt told me just about everything I need to know. I think Chief Kolar got the whole picture as well. I think it was a case of sexual experimentation that went horribly wrong that night, but that Burke really didn't understand what had happened and that the show that Patsy put on was partly for his benefit and confusion. I think Burke did most of what people thought Patsy had done, except for the ransom note, the change of panties and her being wrapped in a blanket. I mean that alone is so classically a sign of a parent being involved...I just think the whole thing happened and then either Burke told his mom or came upstairs thinking JonBenet would get up any minute...and instead of telling the truth, Pasty lied in an effort to protect her son. Maybe they didn't realize he was under the age of prosecution. I do think John was involved in the cover-up however. I don't think Patsy could have pulled it off by herself.

If Burke didn't realize that JonBenet had died in that cellar room after the blow he struck, then why would he be sad at her funeral...He really had no idea what had happened. He may have known that he hit her, but not that he had hit her hard enough to almost kill her. And he may have thought that what they did earlier was completely unrelated to her death, and that someone else had come into the house and killed her after he left her. Kids are not known for clear thinking!

It's just an awful and sad tragedy. RIP JonBenet.

6. Learnin

Learnin Member

I agree in that, if BDI, he didn't realize she was dead. My main theory proposes that the staging was to throw him off as much as the police.

7. heymom

heymom Member

And in that way, what Patsy and/or John did was brilliant. To make what Burke himself had done to her appear secondary or even incidental to a phantom intruder, so Burke would believe himself to be wholly innocent...well, it's all they could wish for at that point. I believe it was the wrong choice for the family but faced with such a horrendous event, I have no idea what I would do. I'm not devious enough to lie, however, so the chips would have to fall where they might.

I wonder what Burke now thinks, there were plenty of times when he *wasn't* smiling and had a quite troubled expression, as if he were thinking back and wondering WTF really had happened.

8. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Burke is strange in his behavior

Hey everyone! That interview with Dr. Phil and Burke was so strange. I understand socially awkward but he is strange (Burke). Why did he decide to speak now? and with Dr. Phil nonetheless...

Did anyone watch the TLC An American Murder Mystery? John Mark Karr? OMG!

9. BOESP

BOESP Member

Anyone who has the wherewithal to appear on national television could have and should have allowed themselves the discomfort of being interviewed by police.

How is appearing on Dr. Phil, or in John Patsy's case appearing on CNN before going to the police station, supposed to help find who did this?

I said this over on Websleuths and I'm gonna say it here:

The Guilty Dog Barks First

10. Niner

Niner Active Member

Just a reminder - the CBS Special on TONIGHT!!!

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Heard it here first!

13 years later....

It's SHOWTIME!

Listen To Patsy Ramsey's 911 Call. Hear the Truth. Lin Wood Lied.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...amsey-s-911-Call-Hear-the-Truth-Lin-Wood-Lied

911: “Do you know how long she’s been gone?”
    Patsy: “No I don’t! Please we just got up and she’s not here. Oh my god! Please!”
    911: “Okay, Cal....”
    Patsy: “Please send somebody.”
    911: “I am honey.”
    Patsy: “Please.”
    911: “Take a deep breath and...”
    Patsy: “Hurry, hurry, hurry!”
    911: “Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy?”

12. RiverRat

Been an awful lot of muddying the water lately so just maybe tonight's show will not be more of the paid for & planted reasonable doubt that has been the main racket ever since someone sat down to pen the ransom note pointing away from the Ramseys. Putting Burke out there On Display knowing that it would add even more suspicion to be cast his way is very telling to me so I do hope that was Team Ramsey's best defense against an ever better offense!

JFJBR 2016
    RR!

13. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'm watching.

14. RiverRat

Pinch Me!!!

All THIS and now possibly the elusive Fleet & Priscilla White too?! I'm a nervous wreck here during this dream come true ~ more than anything though I would love to just give Jane the 911 Operator a big hug for all of the hardships she has had to endure during this travesty of justice.

15. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Nopey,nope, no, no. No way Patsy skipped a step on that spiral staircase.

16. heymom

heymom Member

Wow, wow, wow!

Chief Kolar is there but hasn't spoken one word yet.

I am not surprised that Fleet & Priscilla White do not want to appear on camera. I am somewhat disappointed though. Maybe they will be convinced by the end of the show?

I guess Dr. Spitz convinced the panel that the MagLite was the murder weapon. I am more open to that, especially after the demo by the young boy that cracked the fake skull in a very similar way to JonBenet's injury.

I wish they wouldn't continue to say that the cord is a garrotte, or that the knots are "complicated." It's a mess, done by someone who didn't know what he was doing.

My hubby watched with interest. I will be very curious to see what is brought out tomorrow night. Will they go into the prior sexual abuse? That is a critical missing element in any intruder theory.

17. RiverRat

Vindication

How bittersweet....ya feeling it, HeyMom & JC?

This program has been everything that Forums For Justice has always been about. We have members that have devoted their time and attention to this case since the 90's so how could I not wish that the entire gang of us were still standing today to witness our die hard efforts to keep the the facts pure from the distortion finally materialize right before our eyes in the form of this beautiful documentary.

As always, I have complete faith in Fleet and Priscilla and know that even if they did not elaborate any further it was done with JonBenet's best interest in mind. Their reluctance to talk about what they know has kept their testimony pristine and I applaud the faith they have carried and kept hope alive that there would be Justice for JonBenet in this lifetime. They have been hurt enough and what they do not say actually says it all.

This day that is going draggggg by while waiting to be rewarded with the appearance of former lead detective Steve Thomas on the edition coming up tonight! He looks great and sounds just as upright and honorable as ever and for the very first time I feel that everyone connected to this case is getting exactly what they deserve ~ finally!

18. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

It was one of the best High-Fives ever!

When watching it I couldn't help remember that THIS was what brought everyone together, THIS is why we have endured all the name calling over the years...THIS is belief in truth and justice, and standing up for it!

19. heymom

heymom Member

Hubby asked me, "So what do you think the average person thinks about all of this new information?" I told him that anyone who has thought it was done by an intruder must be starting to really question that belief at this point. Only the most obstinate IDI and Ramsey-exonerating mind would be ignoring the obvious focus on the Ramsey's behavior, including the demo of how the MagLite could have cracked JonBenet's skull without causing a scalp laceration, and done by a 10-year-old boy.

I am sure there will still be those people who made up their minds 20 years ago, and have stuck with that decision ever since, but people who had some doubts must be wondering what really happened.

I have a lot to do today but I am really looking forward to tonight's episode, coming right after Doctor Phil's last Burke interview segment. I guess Chief Kolar may discuss how the "foreign faction" (how absurd that phrase seems now!) could not possibly have carried out this crime. Or maybe he will bring in the child sex predator aspect.

20. South

South Member

I can't believe the truth is coming out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice