Burke Ramsey to be on Dr. Phil

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Aug 2, 2016.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Well that was certainly unsettling and the previews of his never seen before questioning 13 days after the murder only keeps that feeling going. I need a moment to process but oh how wonderful it is to see you guys still keeping the faith!

2. Niner

Niner Active Member

Hey!

RiverRat - I was going to same thing - creepy effect!! Burke's smile is so out of place... and his eyes darting around; he does not look comfortable at all. Still watching - came on here at 3pm PT - 2 more days of this. Hopefully, tomorrow they won't do 15 minutes of "what happened". Did not know John would be there either! Thought it would just be Burke!

Anyway - creepy...

3. heymom

heymom Member

Please, if you can, give us a rundown of what you observed. I thought Dr. Phil was on at 4 pm and I was out running errands after my volunteer job, so I only caught 5 minutes of it, but he looked very nervous and uncomfortable, and as if he is hiding or is guilty of something.

I hate to say it, but I feel rather sorry for him. I don't think he's normal.

4. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I am starting to have second thoughts, altho I'm not sure what they are. I just watched a re-run of yesterday's show that was posted on websleuths.

Burke said part of him didn't want to know what was going on. It was almost like he'd seen some bad stuff and didn't want to re-live it, if that makes any sense at all. When he said maybe she was hiding, maybe it was because after seeing really bad things, he hoped that she was. His behavior is just so seemingly wrong, not what I would expect at all if he were totally clueless as to what happened.

And John, saying he was joyful when he found her. He didn't know she was dead. Wasn't there flippin' duck tape on her mouth? How can one find their missing six year old daughter on the basement floor like that with cords around her wrists and neck and duck tape on her mouth and be joyful? And after he took her upstairs and was told she was in fact dead, how can he say she looked peaceful?

It's all c r a z y. I am looking forward to today's show.

I'll tell you more thing that bothered me from way back. Patsy said she just skipped that step on the spiral staircase, the step the ransom note was on. We had stairs in our house at that time, and I'll be dogged if I casually could have skipped the last step at any time of day, much less at 5:30 in the morning.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Too bad he's not hooked up to a lie detector.

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Back to thinking he did it. Dog on it all. I almost feel sorry for him.

7. RiverRat

They cannot keep track of the stories! I have lost track of how many versions they are up to now but I damn sure did not forget this:

http://www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

"John and Patsy Ramsey have changed the story they told cops about their daughter JonBenet's murder -- they now admit their son Burke was awake during that Christmas 1996 nightmare!

In an exclusive ENQUIRER interview, the nation's most infamous murder suspects say Burke was jolted awake by screams in their Boulder, Colo. home.

"Burke knew something horrible had happened. He heard us screaming. He heard Patsy ...a woman in terror," John confessed. "We thought he was asleep but he wasn't. Burke was awake.

"Burke was frightened. He had tears in his eyes. He knew something very, very wrong was going on."

Until being questioned by The ENQUIRER, the Ramseys had always insisted that Burke was still sleeping when police arrived at their home after Patsy's 911 call.

But now John has admitted to The ENQUIRER that Burke woke up before the 911 call was placed at 5:52 a.m. to summon police.

In the Ramsey's face-to-face, in-depth interview with The ENQUIRER:

* The Ramseys - who still staunchly proclaim their innocence - broke their silence about what Burke knows of the murder and revealed fears their son will explode emotionally from keeping "a lot inside."

8. RiverRat

My two favorite things about this ~ a Detective Steve Thomas mention and they keep flashing my avatar picture of Patsy!

9. RiverRat

Ohhh A knife you say, huh Burke?

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence-knives.htm

"Burke had this red Scout knife and always whittled. He'd never use a BAG or paper to catch the shavings. He'd whittle all over the place. I asked Patsy to have a talk with him. She answered, "Well I don't know what to do other than take the knife away from him." After Thanksgiving I took that knife away from him and hid it in the cupboard just outside JonBenet's room. That's how that problem was solved."

"I got tired of cleaning it up," she said. "He'd been asked to do it over paper or a bag or something. So, I just put the knife up one day, in a cupboard over the sink in that area outside of JonBenet's room" on the home's second level, an area that also had a microwave and laundry facilities.

Hoffmann-Pugh never saw the knife again.

But it resurfaced.

Included in the exhaustive inventory of items removed from the house following the 10 -day police search: "red pocket knife w/broken ornament" from the family's basement.

Specifically, Detective Kerry Yamaguchi discovered Burke's knife on a countertop near a sink just down a basement corridor from the small basement room where JonBenet's body was found.

Hoffmann's-Pugh's question: How did the knife get there?

"That showed up where JonBenet was," said Hoffmann-Pugh. "I would stake my life that an intruder wouldn't know to get that out of the cupboard. Someone took that knife out of the cupboard where I put it."

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-linda-hoffmann-pugh.htm

10. RiverRat

I really thought BR stopped himself from saying Baseball Bat on yesterdays edition....when referring to he thought his father might have been downstairs chasing a Bad Guy around with a...pause...gun. His lips were formed as if to say something that started with a B but he caught himself....

11. RiverRat

Boulder Police Chief Beckner on Reddit

http://extras.denverpost.com/jonbenetAMA.html

Cached version since he deleted his answers!

"I'm not going to speculate on what Burke may or may not know. He was only 9 years old at the time. However, after a short initial interview that day (before we had many facts) Burke was only interviewed one more time and that was by a social services worker. We of course had many other questions we wanted to ask him as the investigation wore on, but were never given an opportunity to interview him again."

"It has been reported the dialogue at the end of the 911 tape was: Male: "We're not speaking to you!" Female: "Help me Jesus. Help me Jesus." Young Male: "Well, what did you find?"

Do you believe this is valid, that those words were actually spoken?

[–]MarkBeckner

The words are difficult to hear and some claim they cannot hear them. After listening to the tape many times, I can tell you that I can hear what sounds like voices saying those words."

12. RiverRat

Fiddle Dee Dee

"It kind of makes my heart go pitty-pat. I mean right now, I'm feeling like, gosh, this happened to my child."

rravatar.png

13. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I missed that. And, I don't remember them even owning a gun.

14. Learnin

Learnin Member

My number one theory has always been BDI. It's the simplest explanation for all the confusing aspects of this crime. This interview, so far, hasn't done anything to change my order of four theories. I do, like others mentioned, have a feeling of sadness for this young man after watching the interview. If responsible for the initial blow, I don't believe it was premeditated. If responsible, the parents would have been much better off just letting it come out for what it was. Obviously, this young man has been affected by his life being played out in the media all these years. If that wasn't bad enough, it didn't help that he was raised by an eccentric mom, grandmother, and a dad who was probably too busy on making money.

15. Niner

Niner Active Member

Wish we had a "Thanks" button on here - great posts RiverRat!

:hiya:

I believe that BDI... did you all watch Dr. Phil's "rebuttal" about BR's interview?? Geez.... Lin Wood has him in his pocket!

16. questfortrue

questfortrue Member

I want to add my thanks for RiverRat’s posts, too. :yay: :jumpie:

The constant smiling was not as bad as the ol’ lizard lips displays, but BR’s disassembling, confabulating performance stripped away any hopes I had about how he may have turned out. Oh so many made-up stories. He’s cut from the same cloth as his father, and now he has enriched himself with what, between $600K and $1m?

17. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Burke said he hasn't read the ransom note

He said he hadn't read it. Why wouldn't he? Doesn't he want to find the killer also? And John said they protected, not necessarily hid him from the media? Why not protect him from the killer who murdered your daughter? Wasn't that a fear in the days and months/years after her murder? Someone was out there and after that family! So strange...

18. heymom

heymom Member

Where was that quote from John, saying something about how they had to "forgive" the killer? It was completely out of the range of normal, but made total sense if Burke did it in a moment of anger and didn't realize what he'd even done.

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Well, it looked to me like Dr. Phil exonerated the Ramseys on today's show. DNA and all that jazz. I have to admit, I find it disturbing and would like to have it explained.

But speaking of all that jazz, didn't Lin Wood look just like that lawyer in Chicago? And didn't he give 'em the old razzle dazzle?

And it is John's very last interview. He's done with it.

But did you hear Burke say he knew in his heart, or they knew in their hearts (not sure which) he/they didn't have anything to do with it? That's exactly what that child-killing Kevin Hailey said. He knew in is heart he didn't do it. A dead give away imo.

20. Harley

Harley Member

For all these years I believed Patsy did it in a fit of anger but I now believe Burke did it. Also in a fit of anger. Explains so many things. I would not go to sleep in the same house as that man (Burke). He seriously creeps me out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice