Exposing Ramsey Spin Team games and dishonesty

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Jul 30, 2008.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Don't let it bother you, rashomon. If I had a nickel for every time someone thought I was Steve Thomas, I'd be a wealthy man!

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

What? You're NOT Steve...? :cry:

3. coloradokares

coloradokares Member

Looks more like Shill but I almost did not recognize him if you could turn the horse around though I am all but certain we could agree thats Shill.

4. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

So sorry to disappoint you.

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I don't know if Tink is Shill or not. Tinkerbelle's a fairy isn't she? It would be an odd choice of hat for a bloke. OTOH, he is single, and he does hang around internet forums which discuss beauty pageants and little girls' underwear so who knows?

What is interesting is that the various hats which have gone to Topix to support Athena have chosen to remain anonymous. "Outside Looking In" is hinting that she knows Athena from another forum - not Ramsey - yet she identified me as an "alleged teacher" (I didn't know teaching was an offence LOL!) and made the hint about me being "taylor". Only a very small number of Ramsey posters at Sycamore would be aware that there was a poster there called taylor. taylor was made so unwelcome on the Ramsey forum (poor soul) that he/she didn't hang around for long. So it seems very odd that this loyal non-Ramsey supporter of Athena's would be privy to it.

Shill said Athena was the most popular poster at CL. Well I don't know about popular, she was certainly one of then most prolific posters there. If the membership list was sorted in descending order ot number of posts, she was up near the top (I can't remember if she was actually at the top, but she was certainly very close). Given the length of time she was a member there, she spent a helluva lot of time posting. She was also a member of other forum and I do recall once wondering how she managed to make so many posts.

When the reputation system came in, I thought it was a complete farce. At first, it was possible to give someone negative reputation. One RDI poster very quickly had a negative reputation score. I disabled mine after I received negative rep which was anonymous and without comment. Later on, I received negative rep votes from a couple of brand new hats who had obviously been registered for the purpose. Fortunately, votes from new hats had been disabled for this very reason so they didn't count.

I refused to participate in such a farcical system. I commented on the thread about the new system that I thought if they were going to display a person's reputation level, then they should also display the comments and name of the person making the vote. I felt that would solve the problem of trolls giving negative votes anonymously just to harass someone or as part of the reputation "competition" which seemed to be taking place. We'd soon see whether the rep votes were really worth anything.

Then it quickly became apparent that there were some forums where voting was more prolific than others. If you made a post in "the Lounge" - simply saying "hi", you'd instantly be inundated with about a twenty positive rep votes.

I had such a laugh watching certain IDI posters cotton on to this and suddenly take up residence in the Lounge to boost their rep scores.

New members would make one post introducing themselves and within an hour, be on high reputation scores. It was a complete joke. I refused to vote at all at first but although I had my rep score turned off (i.e. invisible) I was still able to receive reputation points and my score steadily increased. I was happy to receive the comments, the score meant nothing and I continued to argue in the admin area that the points were meaningless on their own.

The IDIs abused the system to their own advantage - without any doubt. I watched one morning as Shill made a nasty post and like magic, his rep score increased right before my eyes. There was only one other poster online at the time - one of his buddies. And they would often say to each other "I'd like to give you rep points but the system won't let me right now..." That was because the system doesn't let you give rep points to the same person twice in a row. You have to "spread the reputation around" and vote for some different people before it will let you come back and vote again for the same person. Some of the IDI posters just stayed in the Lounge and gathered votes for postingthings like "I love your avatar!" or "LOL". It was extraordinary. One IDI never came back and she worked the Lounge until she was on the first page of members sorted by rep.

OTOH, I took the time to help an IDI poster with a forum feature she didn't understand. Several posts back and forward and I got her sorted out. Did she give me positive rep? Did she hang. However, when a few weeks later I posted that I thought she was mistaken about something, she quickly gave me a negative vote. Speaks to character IMO.

I only received positive rep from RDIs when I've made a lengthy post perhaps with links etc. They seemd more interested in discussing the case than in gathering points and boosting the reps of their buddies. Nor did any of them take to the Lounge where you could make an easy bookst to your score just by saying "hi" to the other rep collectors!

I did receive positive rep from a couple of IDIs - one was a rep collector and the other wasn't. Not all IDIs were rep collectors. In fairness, I don't think Tipper was.

I'm glad that my forum friends didn't get silly with the rep system. I really wish the comments could be displayed to show this. I also think it would have been great to expose who was giving the negative and anonymous rep points and silly pointless high-five rep votes because I think there would have been a few red IDI faces.

So I guess the bottom line is that the rep system isn't worth a "hill of beans" :floor:

6. Jayelles

Rashie

Plakat translates as poster. However, I think you will understand it as something which you pin to the wall perhaps with a picture of Robbie Williams on it.

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

Ahahaaaaa - now I get it!! Priceless!! The writer of that abysmal 'German' letter typed in the English word 'poster' and the translation machine gave her the German word 'Plakat' which means what you described. :D
    That automatic translation text (# 67) is so horrible that is mostly impossible to figure out what it means, so I asked 'Nice try' to translate it back into English for me.
    Then one she posted in # 71 is correct German though, probably a copy from a newspaper article.
    She asked me to translate it and I replied I will after she has translated her 'German' post to me back into English. For I asked her first.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TQ1JUVAGEK51BU86M/p4

(Athena btw knows I'm a native speaker of German since she once asked me to translate part of a German TV documentary into English for her).

But that plays no role. For she and her buddies merely want to to create confusion by 'casting doubt' on others to deflect the attention from what Athena did.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  8. Jayelles

You are correct Rashie - it's all smoke and mirrors. I have reached the conclusion that this particular bunch of IDI posters are incapable of playing anything straight. The fact that they change hats, make anonymous posts, use anonymous proxy servers, lie (there have been a few rather amusing lies over the years) and then play endless games tells me that they aren't really interested in finding justice for JonBenet. This is all about them.

Here is the source for Nice try's impeccable German:-

http://www.carl-auer.de/blog/simon/jonbenet-ramsey/

At least the RDI posters are open and sincere - even if I don't agree with them on many things. Comparing the RDIs with IDis is like comparing open combat with terrorism.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I couldn't think of a better analogy.

10. coloradokares

coloradokares Member

Actually I dont know about all these point things as I was never a member of Freshwaters new forum. No Thanks I was simply making comment on If the Horse picture you sent in showed the other end then I could Identfy it as Shill South end of a North bound horse.... My Bad!!

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

Athena confessed!!

Folks, please go to the Topix thread: Athena has confessed to being "Solange"!!
    I haven't even read the rest of her very long post(s) yet where she 'explains' herself, but that doesn't matter at the moment. For I know what she is going to 'explain away' there.

(Posts # 78, #79)
    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TQ1JUVAGEK51BU86M/p4

This is a HUGE step for Athena to take in admitting to have posted under the fake 'Solange' hat and the ONLY reason for her to admit it was that she was backed into a corner so much that she saw NO ESCAPE than to admit the truth, at least a partial truth, and everyone who has studied criminal cases will know that once a 'suspect' has admitted a 'partial' truth, he/she has opened the door for the investigators to get at the WHOLE truth.
    Athena's confession has touched me to the core, for it shows how EASY it is to get a guilty 'suspect' into a corner.
    The next step is not to let them out of the corner and they will mostly cave in.

That's what the interviewers should have done with the Ramseys too, but they let countless opportunities slide to back John and Patsy up against the wall. Instead, they were given kid-glove treatment and whenever Patsy shed some crocodile tears, she was politely asked if she wanted to take a break. Just plain pitiful.

I wish Jayelles had questioned the Ramseys instead of Kane & Co. For Jayelles would NOT have let them out of the corner.

Athena has of course read every single post here on this thread; she was aware of Jayelles' analysis of her posts and of the 'Solange' posts being tied to her by Jayelles' linguistic findings.
    She tried to fight back desperately by creating new aliases, but this only got her deeper into the hole she dug for herself. The noose tightened more and more, and her 'Solange' confession was a desperate attempt to free herself from the final outcome. She wanted to save what was left.

But aside from the feeling of triumph ("She has been unmasked!"), I also feel some pain. Pain about Athena not using her mind to seek justice, but resorting to lying and deceit instead.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  12. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

What's her hat here on this forum? Or do you mean she read every post on the Topix forum?

As far as your comment abut PR and her "crocodile tears", I totally agree. There were so many times LR dropped the ball when questioning the Rs, and PR particularly. I cringe every time I read those interviews. Between the breaks and LW's interference, no wonder the Rs were coated with Teflon.

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

Hall of Shame for Athena & Accomplices

DeeDee, Athena is no poster here, but it is clear she has been reading this FFJ thread because at Topix, she has commented on what we have written about her here.

What is so alarming: this was more than a mere sillly 'hat game' by a poster and her buddies playing around in their virtual forum sandbox.

For these are true crime forums which are about justice for the victims. These forums are read by many people who are victims of crimes themselves, or who have lost family members who were (Athena herself is one of them: her brother was murdered).
    But instead of sincerely trying to find out the truth about what happened to JonBenet, Athena and her accomplices have done everything to prevent others from doing so. Presenting a slanted view of things to new posters on the board who want to educate themselves about the case, selectively quoting Ramsey-friendly excerpts from sources (while convienently leaving out the incriminating rest!), or downright lies, that is their modus operandi. Athena and her ilk are not one iota better than Jameson.
    Her latest scam at Topix was Athena's personal revenge campaign against a poster (Jayelles) who had torn the mask off her face a good while ago. Her vendetta was directed at destroying this poster's integrity.

These people eerily mirror the Ramseys themselves, who too have lied and deceived because they wanted the truth hidden.

And Athena & accomplices are actively helping them to hide the truth, down to this day. Birds of a feather flock together
    I was always torn a bit about these people: "Could it be that they truly believe the Ramseys are innocent?", I often tought. For it is a big difference whether
    someone genuinely believes in a suspect's innocence, or whether they know that there IS indeed enough evidence against a suspect, but play down its significance.
    Despite the fierce debates I've had with Athena & Co on that IDI nest Sycamore, I always gave them the benifit of the doubt on that.

No more. I'm now firmly convinced that these people know perfectly well that the Ramseys have escaped justice, and if they feel they must beat the drum for them, this tells me enough about their own interest in justice: it is ZERO, and that's why they spew their venom against justice seekers like Tricia Griffith and her forums.

Let's hang in there. For justice is ALWAYS worth hanging in there, no matter what the obstacles are. If we give up, this would mean handing it over to people like Athena, and justice is too precious to be trampled upon by that remorseles IDI gang of hers. It's like casting pearls before swine.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  14. Jayelles

Oh my!

So Athena launched her anontmous poison pen attack in defence of Louisa? In other words, she felt completely unable to simply post "Louisa is one of the most low key IDI posters I know..." under her own hat??? Yeah that sounds plausible.

I will respond to her confession later. My advice to Athena for the time being is that she should be very careful what she says because when one weaves a tangled web in order to deceive, one only gets into more of a tangle.

If it's confession time, it is best to tell the truth. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a liar. As I said before, I don't go looking for trouble but if it comes looking for me, I WILL deal with it.

15. Jayelles

By the way

Athena insists that "outside Looking In" is not her (despite similarities in their language) and that "Outside Looking In" thought I was the poster taylor at Sycamore only because Athena told her about it in pm.

If this is the case, then there would appear to be a MAJOR privacy issue at Sycamore. As far as I am aware, taylor gave no indication in his/her posts that he/she was from the UK so if Athena believed that I was taylor, she must have been looking at our IP numbers. She has also now acused Daffodil and I TWICE of being the same person (we are not) and I suspect that she has probably been looking at IP numbers there too. (Like I'm the only person in the UK to post on Ramsey boards!)

If Athena has been passing information about me to other members in pms, then I believe this was not only an abuse of her position as moderator, but also a serious violation of Sycamore's privacy policy.

I understand that webhosts take this very seriously.

16. Jayelles

OK, I'm pretty cross about the whole Athena thing. I am cross because she has played games and because she has lied - all to try and discredit me for whatever reason I don't know. I'm cross because of her damned arrogance and her attempts to justify her actions whilst throwing accusations at others. I thought Athena was about the best of the bunch and it's very disappointing that she's not only done what she has done, but that she hasn't got the common decency to own up to all she's done or to apologise for being such a b*tch.

I'm going to address her "confession first. Then tomorrow I'll post what I've been promising to post for ages - the rest of the "evidence" that Athena was "JustMe" at Topix. Maybe she'll own up before I get a chance to do that and be able to walk away with some of her reputation intact.

17. Jayelles

The only investigation into JustMe was to compare the IP numbers of JustMe at Sycamore with Athenas to see if they matched. They did not but as we have now seen, that doesn't amount to a "hill of beans". Athena has admited to using anonymous proxies. What is interesting is the fact that the poster JustMe at Sycamore hasn't made a single post.

No JustMe didn't just say that. JustMe accused me of playing hat games. JustMe claimed not to know what Sycamore was. JustMe claimed not to know who Shill was. JustMe denied being AThena. Athena could NOT have admitted to being JustMe because JustMe was doing EVERYTHING she was falsely accusing me of. She would basically have been admitting to being a lying hypocrite.

What the H*LL has my stance got to do with anything? This is typical infantile behaviour of a certain group of IDis. The fact is that I have posted on the JBR forums for over 8 years and I wasn't always a fencesitter. I started out as staunchly pro-Ramsey. However, although I don't think the Ramseys were involved in their daughter's death, I am appalled at the behaviour they have exhibited. Some people continually question my fencesitter stance and indeed have on many occasions seen more enthusiastic about questioning my stance rather than discuss the points I am making. It's disruptive and derailing. It seems to bother them that I won't defend the Ramseys at all costs. These people seem completely incapable of separating a belief in Ramsey innocence with liking the Ramseys. They cannot understand that the two are completely distinct - that you don't have to like the Ramseys in order to believe an intruder did it. I have noted over the years that it's a "type" who are unable to make the distinction and it's laughable. It's also no coincidence that fencesitters in general feel more comfortable posting with RDIs who are gebnerally more open minded and accepting of different POVs.

How would Athena like it if everytime she tried to post on the Ramsey case, someone repsponded with "I think you are only pretending to be IDI, I think you are really RDI...?"

It's pathetic. Believe me, if I believed the Ramseys killed their daughter, I would simply say so. It would certainly make life a lot easier. Imagine spending 8 years of your life posting the OPPOSITE of what you really believed on the Internet. Who on earth would want to do that let alone be capable of it. It's a nonsense. The fact is that I don't have a Ramsey theory. My mind works by process of elimination and right now, as far as I'm cocerned, the only people who are eliminated as suspects for JOnBenet's murder are those with a cast iron alibi. I think we owe that to her.

18. Jayelles

So why use the anonymous proxy for a day or so claiming that she didn't want to reveal her location? Every singel post she'd made as AThena up until that point had shown "Jericho, NY" as the location. ONLY Athena's posts showed this location. Then she got in a strop claiming intrusion of privacy and then contradicted herself later on again when she said she wasn't in jericho at all! Why would she get upset about privacy if it was the wrong location showing? Many pieces of this puzzle don't fit.

Best tell the truth...

My "attack" on Louisa was a tit for tat response. Louisa took an article written by one of FFJ's members and addressed it point by point in a very sarcastic manner. I took the article plus Louisa's responses and addressed each of her points in a similarly sarcastic manner. The difference between us was that I backed up my remarks with sources.

What I DIDN'T do was run to Topix and start an anonymous character assassination of Louisa whom I happen to respect intellectually - despite our differences of opinion.

19. Jayelles

So she misbehaves on her employer's time? More later.

I think this contains a grain of truth but only a grain. But the fact remains that her location showed as Jericho, NY right up until the JustMe sideshow. I think that using ANonymizer simply bought her time to change her provider. More later.

Solange put all the JBR posters under suspicion. Now the Michael Jackson posters are being put under suspicion!

20. Jayelles

Unnecessary details are a classic tactic in tangled web weaving.

"Some" suspected? There was no discussion about this on the board so there must have been lots of poisonous little pms flying back and forth AND from a Mod no less. Great forum Sycamore (potential new members take note). Athena is admitting she even saw fit to pm people who didn't even post on the JBR forum about it! She must really have hated me even back then.

If you go back and read the discussion that taylor participated in, this poor soul was simply trying to join in the discussion. I don't see where taylor claimed to be from the UK and there is nothing about his/her posts which make it look like it could be me at all. So if is known that taylor is from the UK and therefore *could* be me, then "SOMEONE" with the ability to do so, must have checked out taylor's IP and then shared those findings with her buddies! THAT is despicable and worthy of reporting to Freshwater. Nay, it is worthy or reporting to Freshwater's serve because it is a breach of privacy.

Members - be warned. This is serious.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice