If John Ramsey Runs For Office.....

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 30, 2008.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I Love Why-Nut!!!

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 8:27 AM EDT

CHARLEVOIX COUNTY - An appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live" television show helped launch John Ramsey's campaign for the 105th state House of Representatives seat, giving him instant name recognition throughout the district.

But a statement made on the show by his wife, Patsy, has triggered an outcry from those who question the existence of a foundation established in the name of their daughter, JonBenet, who was murdered Dec. 26, 1996. The murder has not been solved.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A caller to the show questioned the Ramseys about a foundation they established in the name of JonBenet Ramsey. Referring to statements made in the book written by John and Patsy Ramsey called "The Death of Innocence," the caller said the foundation mentioned in the book was closed and "virtually did nothing."

Patsy asserted the foundation does exist and is still making contributions in JonBenet's name.

"This week, we did present $1,000 worth of scholarships to Mount McSauba Day Camp here in Charlevoix, where JonBenet and Burke both attended day camp," Patsy told Larry King and millions of viewers.

It may be a question of semantics, but the fact is that the Ramseys didn't make a donation to the Camp McSauba scholarship program until Thursday, May 27. Camp McSauba Director Ike Boss said he received a check for $1,000 from the JonBenet Ramsey Children's' Foundation that evening.

"Patsy made a commitment to Ike (Boss) two or three weeks before going on the show," John Ramsey said. "It's unbelievable how people would attack something like this, when we're just trying to help."

Camp McSauba Director Ike Boss verified Patsy's statement, saying she did make a commitment to donate to the camp after learning that children from low-income families need financial aid in order to attend camp. The camp has a long tradition of giving scholarships, funded by community donations, to needy children in the area.

"I'm doing it today," Patsy said Thursday of her promise to make a donation to the camp fund, when questioned by the Herald Times.

Both John and Patsy said the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation is still in existence.

"It's been more of a family trust," Patsy explained. "It's not very active. There's some money in it, but not thousands and thousands of dollars."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Utah resident Tricia Griffith, owner of Forums for Justice.org, later acknowledged she was the caller to the Larry King Live show who questioned the Ramseys about the existence of the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation.

"Officially, the nonprofit JonBenet Foundation is closed, according to the IRS," Griffith said. "But if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to correct it on my Web site."

Griffith said her Web site, forumsforjustice.org, gets one million hits per month, and the hits have been increasing - especially hits from Michigan - since Ramsey declared his candidacy.

Griffith, like many Americans, grew interested in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case a few weeks after the tragic death of the young beauty queen occurred in December, 1996. She acquired the discussion Web site forumsforjustice.org, that deals with crime victims, in 2002. On Thursday, she launched another Web site, supportramseytruth.com.

"There's no tip line, no family Web site, so it's being left up to strangers to keep up with information about JonBenet," Griffith said.

"I would have thought that the Ramseys, being computer savvy, would have a Web site for JonBenet," she added.

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thanks Cherokee and Why Nut,

for this great review. So much time has past and I've forgotten so much. However I'd like to add that I wrote to the journalist Laurie Loundsbury to thank her for her fine article (I think it was a letter to the editor. I'm not sure right now) and I received a very nice thank you from the paper's editor. I also think I posted his reply here on FFJ at that time. I don't know when it was nor have I saved it.

Also I remember that LKL show so well. When I heard Tricia's voice asking that question and watching Patsy's face almost fall off and John sputtering it was worth it's weight in gold. I seldom watch LKL but of course watched it that night because of the Ramseys being on the show. I think I do miss Patsy and her theatrics. John just isn't very interesting all by himself is he?

I sure do hope John makes another run for some public office so we can railroad his campaign once again! Yipee!

P.S. I just went back to check my own record and it doesn't go back to the 2004 responses (only to 10/05).

Again Cherokee I'd like to thank you for all of that hard work you do for us here on FFJ. Also the comparisons on the first page of this thread showing Patsys signature on her painting and the RN are good. Even though it's hard to see the painting sig clearly I can surely see the top loop of Patsy's "P" on the painting and the top loop of the "R" on the RN look very close to being the same. You do good work, Lady! Thank you again.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

The answer is ... I guess it doesn't matter because it looks like not one thin dime from book sales made it into the JBR Foundation coffers.

4. RiverRat

Imagine that.........

5. Cherokee

Not true. The JBR Foundation did not exist after 2000.

So THAT'S what happened to the almost $18,000 left in the JBR Foundation when they quit filing paperwork with the IRS in 2000. The Ramsey just put it in their personal finances; a so-called "family trust."

Questions:

1. Is it LEGAL to take money designated by donors for a specific non-profit organization and make it part of your personal finances?

2. If so, did the Ramseys do the necessary paperwork to take the money that had been given to a non-profit organization and put it in their "family trust" bank account?

3. Since the JBR Foundation did not exist after 2000, where did the promised proceeds for the Foundation (from the paperback edition of DOI) go? Did they also go into the "family trust"?

4. Why are the Ramseys allowed to get away with saying one thing and doing another?

5. Why hasn't anyone been concerned about the lack of accurate and legal financial accounting concerning the Ramseys and the JBR Foundation?

6. Why are the Ramseys allowed to lie with impunity and say the JBR Foundation exists when it clearly does not?

7. Why isn't there someone in the mainstream media courageous enough to set the record straight about all the Ramsey lies, half-truths and cover-ups?

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Chero, if the government doesn't mind them killing their daughter, do you REALLY think it cares if they steal from her foundation?

As for why the media won't go after them, two words: LIN WOOD.

7. Little

Little Member

Elsenheimer Plans to seek another term in the House

Also announced for the House seat was John Ramsey, who ran for the position four years ago but lost to Elsenheimer in the primary election. He is the millionaire father of the slain 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, who was found dead in the family's Colorado home at Christmas Day in 1996. The killer was never identified and the case remains unsolved.

read entire article here: source -
    http://www.cheboygannews.com/articles/2008/05/05/news/news1.txt

8. Cherokee

Oh boo-hoo, John Ramsey won't be running for office. I guess he won't need to get one of those pesky Michigan driver's licenses after all.

http://petoskeynews.com/articles/2008/05/05/news/doc481f36a81db4c112263744.txt

[snip]

Elsenheimer’s eleventh-hour decision took the air out of the heated Republican primary as most of the nine candidates began throwing their support behind him.

“I’ve spoken with them and they’re disappointed,†he said. “But politics is not tiddlywinks. These things happen.â€

Tim Boyko said the real winners of the surprise decision are the residents of Northern Michigan.

“Kevin is everywhere for this district, he’s like Elvis,†said Boyko. “His decision gives us a better chance at holding a conservative seat. He’s an all around team player helping the party.â€

Along with Boyko, Ed Boetcher, Jeff Garfield, Dennis Lennox, Ken Glasser and Mark Postma all confirmed they would be pulling out of the race. Bonnie Nothoff and John Ramsey are expected to follow suit later this week.

[snip]

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  9. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Damn...There goes my work plans for the summer. I was looking forward to working with you all to expose John Ramsey, again, to the good people of Michigan. Oh well. Maybe next time.

10. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

That is a peculiar bit of writing. How can John follow suit in pulling out of the race, when he never entered it in the first place?

Oh, but this explains why he feels free to flee Charlevoix in his plane this past couple of days. He has no need to pretend any more that he is the steadfast hometown boy. Odds are we will see him hop into the plane and be off to Georgia again any moment.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I thought I had read a comment by JR that his only home at present was in Charlevoix. Does he still have a home base in Atlanta? Any relatives still there? I was wondering where his daughter Melinda and her husband live and if they are estranged. Anyone know?

12. Little

Little Member

Ramsey won't run for Mich. House seat

Ramsey won't run for Mich. House seat
    Associated Press
    5:12 PM CDT, May 12, 2008
    LANSING, Mich. - John Ramsey won't run for the Michigan House after all.

Like a few other candidates, Ramsey has withdrawn from the 105th district House race after incumbent Kevin Elsenheimer reconsidered and decided to run for re-election.

Both Ramsey and Elsenheimer are Republicans.

The House district includes at least parts of Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan and Otsego counties in the northern part of Michigan's Lower Peninsula.
    Ramsey is the father of slain child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey who died in 1996 in Colorado.

The Charlevoix resident finished second to Elsenheimer in a six-candidate 2004 Republican primary.

Elsenheimer planned to leave the House to run for an appeals court seat but recently changed his mind.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-michiganhouse-ram,0,5176422.story

13. RiverRat

Smart move, John-Boy!

LOL - at ease, Troops! Job well done.....

14. Little

Little Member

LOL RR. Does this mean we get to go on leave?

Little

15. Cherokee

Bumping for anyone else interested in the truth about the Ramsey's "Foundation."

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I guess this is as good a place as any to post this, because John Ramsey certainly is politicking here:

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=81793

You can play the news video and see Ramsey advocating how this is going to "prevent crime". Notice all the "glad-handing" he's doing after the session, as well. What a snake in the grass.

17. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, he is going to "prevent crime", just like he is STILL looking for his daughter's killer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice