Chase Murder Arrest!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Jan 27, 2008.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

This is interesting. Remember when we discussed this development in DNA profiles? This is the Flordia company doing ground-breaking research in this ethnic breakdown of DNA. I believe the have to have a very good sample of it, though. I don't think they have any left of the JB DNA, because they only had a partial strand with their best test in 2003.

Does anyone here remember Lin Wood saying this? I don't remember him even MENTIONING the Chase murder. Did I miss it? Or is he just making it up to make himself look credible? Ya' think?

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Yes, we did have an interesting discussion about the recent developments in ascertaining race from DNA. However the key word is recent! It wasn't around at the time Lin Wood & the RST were claiming the DNA in JonBenet's underwear was "Caucasian". And note too that none of the official case documents we have seen (particularly Karr's arrest warrant) mention that the DNA is caucasian - only that it was male.

3. koldkase

And we wonder why a complex murder case like the murder of JonBenet didn't get solved? It was a walk in the park for Haddon and company. This complete bungling of the Chase case falls into the "You have GOT to be kidding" catagory! They didn't even look into arrests in sexual assault blitz attack cases WITHIN WEEKS of Chase's murder, no further away than DENVER!

http://dailycamera.com/news/2008/jan/29/suspect-arrested-twice-after-slaying/

They quote some interesting info from former FBI profiler McCrary at the end of the article.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for posting this information KK. You were right about FBI profiler Gregg McCrary. Reading this whole article plus McCrary's comments makes me feel sick at heart. 'The sad news is women are more at risk at home with the people they know," he said

A technical error related to an alternate juror causes Alcalde's sentence to be reduced. This justice system is so useless.

http://dailycamera.com/news/2008/ja...-after-slaying/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2008
  5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Don't let whackadoodle see this...Alcalde pulled his green hatchback behind her car, blocking her in...or she will somehow tie it to McReynolds white hatchback and come up with some inane story about how the two are connected!
    :floor:

6. koldkase

I know, Elle. It's open season here on women and children, and our justice system is either helpless, incompetent, careless, or some combination of all three.

Moab, that was McReynold's green CHRISTMAS hatchback. He planted it on this poor innocent guy. Got it?! :bigstick:

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Don't tell me...tell Whackadoodle! I'm sure she was already trying to scratch up a receipt from McGukens for spray paint...and then somehow try and tie it to Janet's play.

8. Karen

Karen Member

Anybody know where I can find a photo of this monster?

9. heymom

heymom Member

10. Karen

Karen Member

Thank you Heymom. I have no faith in that Mary Lacy will actually prosecute this man. Why change now? I think someone should give Miss Chase's father or brother a baseball bat and lock him up in a room with this sub-human. Let justice prevail.

11. Little

Little Member

DA may try for death penalty in Chase homicide

Mary will have to bone up on the law here poor thing. Just her luck that something this high profile had to happen before she had the chance to make her escape from the limelight.

(bold emphasis mine)

read entire article here - source: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/jan/31/da-may-try-for-death-penalty/

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Ahh, Lacy, how long has she been the freakin' DA? She has to look it up? It's the %%#$@& DEATH PENALTY and "she doesn't know"?????

:fight: :rs:

13. Barbara

What a waste of a lovely hairdo! :)

14. Barbara

I have no idea how this post became two posts. I thought I was editing my first post. Sorry about that. Please delete

15. Little

Little Member

LOL Barbara - maybe it's the old "I can't believe my eyes, double take" thing.

Little

16. Little

Little Member

District Attorney Mary Lacy also attended Thursday's court hearing and urged Klein to appoint a lawyer for Alcalde quickly so that the case wouldn’t be delayed much further.

This has to be one of the most disturbing quotes from Mary Lacy - she must want this to go into her "win" column - what a freak she is.

Read entire article here - Source: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/sep/04/defendant-chase-murder-dumps-lawyers-plea-postpone/

17. Little

Little Member

Defendant in Chase murder gets new lawyer

Defendant in Chase murder gets new lawyer
    Boulder lawyer Mary Claire Mulligan to represent Diego Alcalde
    By John Aguilar (Contact)
    Originally published 06:26 p.m., September 5, 2008
    Updated 06:49 p.m., September 5, 2008

The man being held for the 1997 murder of Susannah Chase received new legal counsel late Friday, a day after he dumped the two public defenders that had been representing him.

Mary Claire Mulligan, of the Boulder firm Mulligan & Mulligan, will represent Diego Olmos Alcalde as the 39-year-old Chilean native gets ready to enter a plea in the case.

He is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 18.

Mulligan was retained from the Colorado Office of Alternative Defense Counsel, which provides lawyers to those who are no longer represented by the public defenders' office. Alcalde said Thursday he couldn't work with his public defenders.

Mulligan, whose services will be paid for with public funds, got her law degree from the University of Colorado in 1992 and has practiced law from her Boulder office since that year.

Alcalde was linked to the murder of Chase earlier this year after his DNA was matched to evidence from the scene of the crime more than 10 years after it occurred.

Chase, who was a 23-year-old CU student, was brutally beaten and raped as she walked back to her Spruce Street home in the early morning hours of Dec. 21, 1997.

She died the next day.
    http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/sep/0...ets-new-lawyer/

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Wow! Kennan Lacy-Tracey hasn't dropped the charges on this murderer yet?!

19. Little

Little Member

Amazing, isn't it RR? Maybe Keenan Lacy-Tracey wants at least one real conviction in her win column? Diego Alcalde must not be well-connected.

Little

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

With a name like Diego Alcalde, are you really shocked?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice