Humor The Rat, Check IN Please!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Dec 13, 2008.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

True - yet we are rightfully used to being The Experts on the The Ramsey case, so it is sometimes hard to switch gears, but the Anthony case unfortunately makes for a very easy transition.

2. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Present and accounted for.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I'm not wearing my glasses and at first glance I thought you said "my little haemorrhoids".

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

No, that would be Mame and her ilk.
    :floor:

5. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Me too me too me too me too........just too much personal stuff happening (all good!)

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I went to a convent school, too, Greenleaf! It wasn't a boarding school- it was a day school. We had Dominican nuns. I was pretty unruly. Drove the nuns crazy. I used to sneak upstairs to the convent dormitory and once I put a box of red Rit dye in their washers. They wore pink habits for a LONG time. I got month of Saturday detentions for that one.
    A lifelong non-smoker, non-drinker, I used to buy beer and cigarettes for the life-size statue of the Blessed Virgin in the courtyard of the school. I'd just put a lit ciggie in between her outstretched fingers (Catholics here will know the familiar pose) on my way in to class in the morning. Leave a beer on the way out. After the day I had driving the nuns crazy, I figured Mary needed a brewski.

My poor mother...

7. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I'm here RR. I am here. Can not forget JonBenet.....she is always who I think of when stories break about children, esp. Maybe she is our strength and this can be solved. That is my desire. :) I have to believe her death was not in vain. (Even if we don't realize this right now).....

8. RiverRat

Great! Now that most of our Regulars have checked in, I will go through our membership list and see just who has been Naughty and who has been Nice - yes, I already know that several of us will fall into both categories....and see if someone is missing that shouldn't bee! Sure, we've had to prune the list here and there, but by far, this is the best bunch, the Stamina here Rules!

9. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

a little late...

A little late but I'm around and here to stay as long as Tricia will have me! I've been around since Joshua 7 - thats just how stubborn I am. I just don't believe people with money should be allowed to walk all over LE.

10. Elle

Elle Member

You were a wild one Dee Dee. Very brave of you to admit this here. All I will admit to here is leaving the Catholic religion . No need to say any more other than To Each His Own.

11. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Oh My! :)

Greenleaf, DeeDee and Elle!

You three have really given me my laughs for the day! Another reason I will be around FFJ for the long run....You guys are full of it! Hehe...:hourglass

XOXO,
    Voyager

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Amen to that! And I'm impressed you've been around since Joshua 7. I'm glad you're stubborn, and I think that's a trait most of here at FFJ share. We refuse to go away and let the Ramseys WIN.

13. Catherine

Catherine Member

I don't usually have much to add to the discussion, but an avid reader, and I will do anything I can to help with Justice for JonBenet and Jason. I'm a much better follower than leader, so if you need my assistance, just let me know!

14. RiverRat

Sweet!

This just keeps getting better and better! Keep them coming while we start the Ten Day CountDown for the reason WHY our names are on this wonderful list.....

15. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

As a happily LAPSED Catholic myself, I know what you mean.
    This stuff was nothing- just a sampling of my school days pranks. I later became an art teacher- I always had talent in that area. But I was forbidden to use the school art room because I gathered up all the nun's black cloaks and took them to the art room to silk-screen that bright yellow Batman logo on the back. Then I quietly returned them to the cloakroom. They discovered my handiwork over the weekend when they all walked to Sunday Mass- and as they walked up the church aisle to their pews, those lovely Batman logos (in DayGlo yellow- this was the Sixties, after all) were there for all to see. Though I didn't sign my artistic endeavor, they seemed to know who did it.

16. Karen

Karen Member

DeeDee you totally remind me of Haley Mills in that movie "The Trouble with Angels" Do you know that movie?

RiverRat this thread warms my heart. Just knowing we are all still here and still not giving up on trying to right a terrible wrong when IMO money talked and justice seemingly walked. This is not over and apparently after reading this thread we are always going to be the major pain in John Ramseys arse for the rest of his days and who knows, maybe there will be a miracle for Jonbenet someday. I'm not giving up and as I read here I can see none of us are. The comraderie here is an example of the kind of stellar human beings who are willing to go all the way for Jonbenet. Merry Christmas everyone!!

17. Elle

Elle Member

How I wish I had been there to have seen your efforts, Dee Dee. I'm amazed you weren't banned from school creating Batman capes for the nuns. :) However, my school days are truly ancient Chinese history compared to your schooling in the Sixties. You fall into the younger group here compared to me. Congratulations on being an art teacher.I loved art at school. I guess we are off topic a bit here, but I did attend art classes for oil and acrylics for many years. I'm thinking you must have been missed when you graduated. :)

18. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Yes, I know that movie. I guess it was a bit like that, though I was brattier than Hayley Mills. I didn't just make the nuns mad. I sometimes made them cry. Years later I went to the Vatican in Rome. I stole a keychain with the Pope on it. I figured after 13 years of Catholic school, they owed me that keychain. They had Pope on a Rope soap, too, but while it was equally tacky, it was too big. I love tacky. The Vatican gift shop sells little plastic snowglobes with saints in them. Really.

I wasn't banned from school for 2 reasons. 1. I was always on the Honor Roll. I had the highest grade point average in my class, and the highest ever in the school for Organic Chemistry and Biology. and 2. My mother was blind (her whole life) and the nuns felt sorry for her. We had a separate grade for "deportment/conduct". Thank God. I always failed that, but my other grades were stellar. The "deportment" grade was never averaged into our academic grades.

19. Elle

Elle Member

I saw that movie Karen a long time ago. Haven't seen Hayley Mills in years.

You're right! Money talked. John Ramsey hired the best lawyers available and the rest is history.

Thank you, Karen for speaking out!

20. Elle

Elle Member

I'm glad you had a good laugh, Voyager. Today we really need to laugh with so much bad news around us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice