Humor The Rat, Check IN Please!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Elle

Elle Member

I think you missed your calling Dee Dee. You should have gone to Hollywood and told Carol Burnett or Debbie Reynolds to move over! [​IMG]

2. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

oh so its true

i have a catholic friend from work who always tells me of a time the Pope came to visit the town where she was and she had to work, but really really wanted the Pope on a rope soap and asked someone to get her some, but they didn't get it for her. I thought she was just pulling my leg -

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

I can relate, DeeDee and Elle. I too went to a Catholic nuns school and drove them crazy, especially when I was in my teen years. Looking back, I was surprised I didn't get kicked out, although I worked very hard at it.
    Finally my parents gave in and let me attend a co-ed state school.
    I almost felt like a released prisoner ....!!! :)

4. Elle

Elle Member

I have never heard of it either, Texan. :) Must have been something new (?). Told you I was ancient Chinese history.

5. Elle

Elle Member

You and Dee Dee would have made a fine pair rashomon. No! I wasn't taught by the nuns. My school was beside a Catholic Church and the priests were the ones who worked hand-in-hand with our school.

I was 12 years old and was always asking questions and just hated being told my faith should carry me through what I didn't understand. One of them was I didn't think a priest could forgive sins because he was just an ordinary man. [​IMG] My teacher wasn't happy. She couldn't make me believe a priest received the power from God to forgive sins. One of my other questions was why was so much religion taught in my school compared to my girlfriend's Protestant school. She always had more homework than me. I used to help her with it.

The priest paid a visit to my house above the regular visits, and asked my father who was putting ideas into my head. My father who had lost my mother when I was just four years old didn't waste any time in telling him I had a mind of my own and had the right to ask questions. He said he had a good few himself if the priest had the time. My father hadn't gone near the church since my mother died. The young priest left in a hurry. The teacher and the priest never troubled me any more.

This was during WWII and I even visited my friend's Protestant school without telling anyone to see if I could go there, but they had to watch the numbers for the air raid shelters. At least this was what I was told (?). I stuck it out and then went to a Commercial College when I left, and I continued to catch up in a lot of subjects I never received in the Catholic School. I know things have changed a great deal since those days, rashomon.

I would never have survived a Convent School. I would have run away from home. THE END

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Pope-on-a-Rope Soap exists. Believe me. Also the Pope on a tea towel, and on a lipstick compact. (Really). Also on playing cards. Also St. Anthony in a plastic snow globe. All these, and more, were found in gift shops at the Stazione (train station) in Rome.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

LOL - look's like once again......I am Catholic By Association! This Southern Babtist always finds one of you waywards to hang out with.....so right about now would be an excellant time for ZooMama to pop in again!

:angeldev:

8. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

River Rat

R.R., I’m not Zoomama, but I, too, have stories about my 12 years in a convent day school. I can honestly say that my time spent there was, for the most part, a lovely experience. The Sisters of Mercy were kind, thoughtful, well educated women with a passion for teaching, while stressing excellence in all endeavours. There were some that I liked more than others, but I can think of no one I really disliked, and I cannot recall any bad experiences.
    It may sound corny, but most of my value system stems from the examples these holy women set for us all. They were truly dedicated and principled women; leaving lasting impressions.
    Although I no longer embrace Catholicism, I attend Mass on Christmas and Easter with my children. But, my “fallen away stance†has nothing to do with my Catholic schooling.
    gl
    P.S. Thanks, RR for starting this thread, and WELCOME BACK, CATHERINE!

9. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I agree, naturally, :) with everything you have said Cherokee

I too, like many here, have walked away from this case many times, but alas, never more than for a few days and something has always pulled me back. I believe it is for the wonderful friendships we have made over these so many years.

As we near the anniversary ONCE AGAIN (we've said that 12 times now), I just want to thank those who have not given up. I have a great respect and awe for those here who continue to reference page numbers, documents, quotes, etc., that I have long ago stopped doing since nothing NEW has happened in this case. However, having said that, the mental illness remains. I have not only my books, etc. here at home but to show how ill I am, I ALSO have JBR books hidden in my office for when I am posting on the job and just in case I have to reference something. How sick is that??!!!!

I confess I have stopped doing the research anymore, as those who actually continue to request it are those RST who don't care how many facts you throw at them anyway; they are blind to any realities that show the Ramseys for what they are. The denial will never change for those miserable enablers, so I don't make the effort, but I have nothing but the greatest admiration for those who haven't given up doing so for those bums.

This case for me has long ago been solved, and despite what I feel is the mountain of evidence against the Ramseys, the biggest seller for me personally is the FACT that I truly believe Patsy wrote that ransom note. Everything else is just icing on the cake

Now for the rest of all of you: Thank you for the hard work, thank you Cherokee for the tremendous work on the analysis of the note, thank you Moab for the work you put in, keeping this site as great as it is.

Thank you Greenleaf for the great humor you interject when we all get so frustrated. I know YOU feel you are less significant than the posters here who do so much "research", etc., but make no mistake; without you to make us laugh and smile so very often, it wouldn't be quite as rewarding in the long run. If only one poster looking for justice stuck around just because they get a laugh or smile out of one of your posts, consider yourself very important in the fight for justice.

Tricia, there are way too many things to thank you for, so I won't bother to list them; they have been said a thousand times before and each day we log on and this site opens when we click, you earn another set of angel wings!

Thanks Riverrat, koldkase, Jayelles, et al (no hurt feelings anyone please for not listing the whole forum) for the EXTREME research and always coming to the rescue of those LESSER forums when the bad guys behave badly

Thanks Elle for being so wonderful overall

Thanks BobC for your humor and of course, Noodles :)

I love you all

10. RiverRat

Tissue for one, please.....

11. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I'm here, bringing up the rear. I get sidetracked, but I always check in to see what condition our condition is in. Man your stations, mate, and full steam ahead.

12. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Barbara

What a lovely thing to say. Thank you so very much.

gl

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yes, pass the tissues.... :cry:

That is a beautiful post, Barbara, and you have expressed what most of us feel very well. Thanks to each and every one here who has a part, who has kept that part willingly, all in the search for justice for JonBenet that isn't likely to come within our justice system. Maybe there is or will be justice somehow--I want to believe that, but maybe not in this life, at any rate.

14. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Great post, Barbara,

You said it all. The Ramsey case is important, too, in that John and Patsy literally wrote the book on how to beat investigators and prosecutors. We see the Anthony family using their very methods right now.

Sometimes I wonder if maybe Cindy Anthony followed the JonBenet case closely (maybe even on one of our forums), and years later applied her knowledge to her own granddaughter's murder case--to save the perp!

15. Elle

Elle Member

Barbara,

Thank you for this excellent post written straight from the heart, and the nice comments to all the posters including me! [​IMG] It isn't easy to please everyone when we sit down and post, but the main theme being trying to find justice for JonBenét Ramsey. If one can admit to enjoying the research related to this case, I plead guilty, because so much was learned in the process, but not enough to legally charge the real perpetrators, Patsy and John Ramsey.

Our spirits sank when we heard of D.A. Lacy's exoneration of the Ramseys, but we all know the last piece of the puzzle has yet to be found, and we keep coming back to have another go. It might turn up yet, Barbara (?).

Have a lovely Christmas.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Selling these souvenirs will never make up for the high amount of money being paid out for the molestation of young boys, Dee Dee.

I watched the TV show explaining it all. Unbelievable!

Thursday, December 18, 2008
    Spokane Diocese bankruptcy :: Ongoing coverage from The Spokesman ...

The diocese has pledged $48 million to pay about 180 sex-abuse claims in ..... ministry for molesting boys diverted thousands of dollars of church money for ...

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Tell me about it...that horror has touched my own family. It's why I don't attend church today. Of course, the Catholic FAITH is not to blame. It is one of many true paths to God. But the Catholic Church (meaning its hierarchy)
    most certainly is to blame. There is a movie out now about it- "Doubt" with Meryl Streep. I can't bring myself to see it.

18. Elle

Elle Member

Sorry to hear this Dee Dee. I can understand why you wouldn't want to see this movie. Thank you for letting me know about it. I just checked my movie program and it is listed as:

Doubt (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0918927/plotsummary

Naturally we cannot continue a discussion here. I still have so many questions. I don't know if I can handle this one myself (?).

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

PM me if you like.

20. RiverRat

Bumping just in case Tricia checks in for her Birthday thread......and I KNOW that there are others here unaccounted for, but soon will be as they peak in here for the approaching anniversary.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice