Whackadoodles (generic) Thread 3

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Bingo. It would be a miracle for that program to air in the US. American media is either clueless about the case, in the Ramsey's back pocket, or scared chitless of Lin Wood. Some of them are all three.

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I got to bed first this evening and so they are ALL MINE and I am lying on them as I type... Heh heh.

3. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Don't get your knickers in a twist Pet...your much maligned agent hasn't even seen the show yet. Here in Oz they decided we have no delicate feelings and they are apparently screening it smack bang on Christmas Day. However, having said that, I do have to say that I won't get to see it, being tied up all day with family stuff, but they always repeat their shows so I will eventually get to see it.

4. Jayelles

Santas

Having just read a load of TOSH at the doubleBB about sinister Santas, I felt I had to speak out on behalf of the jolly old elf. I know a couple of poor men who get roped into being Santa for a variety of Childrens' Christmas parties each year and "roped in" is the operative phrase. These guys are not paedos. They are usually targetted for their portly physiques, rosy cheeks or snowy white hair/beards and they often get no choice in the matter either.

Many moons ago, I was employed as an elf and I was roped into THAT because of my small stature. I had to dress up in an elf costume on two consecutive freezing cold Saturday mornings and work a rota of taking little darlings through a beautifully constructed grotto to meet Santa. Santa was the head of security for the organisation. He was a former Hong Kong policeman and a grumpier old so and so you'd struggle to meet - but he fitted the Santa bill. He had both portly physique AND rosy cheeks and he could boom "Ho, Ho, Ho" rather well. We were repaid with a luncheon in a posh hotel accompanied by copious amounts of good wine and we used to joke that we were all blotto in the grotto by the end of the afternoon :)

Seriously, I have fond memories of these Christmasses and of the little faces all agog when they saw Santa. We had tricks to con the little children too. Each child brought a pass disguised as a Christmas card for Santa and this card had a coloured and coded reference which told us the child's age, name and gender. Santa himself (being of a naturally grumpy disposition) didn't say too much but he had a right hand elf in the form of one of the organisation's most beloved characters. This man was superb at decoding the card in a nice big voice so that a behind the scenes helper could rapidly select and place a gift into Santa's sack from behind a curtain. He was also excellent at improvising if there were unforeseen delays. Best of all, he was a master at the double entendre and he often had us elves in stitches with one-liners which went straight over the childrens' heads! It was a slick operation and no expense was spared by the organisation.

But no-one was in it to get close to little children in a perverse sort of way! We were all bribed by food and drink!

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well now, Jayelles, don't get too upset. You KNOW they HAVE to make out like every single person NOT A RAMSEY who had the MISFORTUNE to be acquainted with the Ramseys when JonBenet was killed in their home is sick, strange in some way, a bad person, and MOST OF ALL, ABLE TO VICIOUSLY MURDER A CHILD.

Can you imagine how many of these Ramsey bus victims over the years have thought, What did I do to get pulled into this RAMSEY VORTEX OF EVIL?

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Wouldn't we LOVE to be able to speak with the "bus victims" now, 12 years after, and see how they all feel about the Rs now? Especially with PR gone now.

7. Cherokee

Dee Dee, I can tell you how several of them feel, and unfortunately, it's not "12 years after" for them. What the Ramseys did affects their lives in a negative way TO THIS DAY. Collectively, it has affected their health, their livelihoods, and their reputations. Such is the Ramsey's poisonous legacy.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Like pebbles in a pond, right? The circles get bigger and bigger. It really is true. A person's actions (good or evil) continue on after them.

9. koldkase

Ah, the Toxic Ramseys. Their legacy is firmly one of evil, born of their egotism, nursed with their arrogance, and let out upon the world Dec. 25, 1996.

10. Cherokee

Absolutely. I've thought of the pebble in the pond analogy many times over during the years. What the Ramseys did has affected so many lives - even those who would seem to be on the periphery of their influence. One only has to look at all the lawsuits, and counter-suits, and books written, and lives trashed to see only the top of the Ramsey iceberg. Look at the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent, from the initial investigation, through the travesty of John Mark Karr, to Mary Lacy's "touch me" DNA debacle. The Ramsey case has become a cottage industry with world influence.

Yesterday, I read some comments attached to a CNN web story (filled with inaccuracies - the reporter was just regurgitating without investigating) about the anniversary of JonBenet's death. Many of the comments were not about the guilt or innocence of the Ramseys, but rather, why JonBenet was so special and received so much attention (even 12 years after her death) when many other children were killed each year. I see their point, and I agree with them.

For me, it wasn't JonBenet's dyed-blonde curls or fake-tinted blue eyes that drew me to this case. It wasn't the images of her performing like a tired marionette, or the ubiquitous "Beauty Queen" headlines attached to her name.

What made me get involved was not so much about JonBenet, but about the conviction that her mother wrote the infamous "ransom note;" ergo, JonBenet's family was somehow responsible for her death, as well as the subsequent staging and attempted cover-up of what really happened.

What keeps me involved is that they got away with it.

It's not that JonBenet's death means more than any other child's; it's that it was the catalyst for a terrible and complete circumvention of justice, as well as the persecution of innocent people in order to achieve that goal. The gallery of idiots and corrupt officials, the cooperation of an allegedly "free" American media, the side-circus actions of many involved with the Ramseys, and the sham of a "continuing investigation" has been a tragedy of criminal proportions.

The Ramsey case has stripped away our faith in the American "justice" system, and made us cynical with frustration and righteous rage. Because it has taken so much from us, we cannot let it go.

The Ramseys may have fooled the world, but they didn't fool us. The only justice we can provide JonBenet is that they never will.

11. Thor

Thor Active Member

Amen Chero, amen.

12. Jayelles

Update

I read Limeas thread at Topix about the documentary and he says that he thinks the same documentary aired in Oz and that it was an American voiceover. I'm sure Limeas won't mind me copying his post here because he's a good sort :)

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TB094590HS05DF74J

I knew that it definitely wasn't an american accent who had done the voiceover on the programme I watched so I did a bit more raking and found out that it was one Jane Copland who did the voiceover:-

http://www.excellentvoice.co.uk/voiceartist.php?id=43

The producer was Bill Kurtis right enough but it said it was a case "Update". So my guess that it was a rehash of some library footage with a new voiceover is probably correct.

It's possible that they had different voiceover artists for the different countries where the documentary is to be shown.

I think we've probably seen the same programme though. I wouldn't necessarily say it leaned towards RDI though. I think it was just balanced and portrayed the case as it is - puzzling and with evidence which can be perceived both as RDI and IDI. I now remember thinking this about another Bill Kurtis documentary I saw a year or so ago. Kudos to him as a documentarian that he can present information in such an unbiased way.

The footage of Tracey and Lacy was unflattering.

I also noticed in the credits of the documentary that there was thanks to Barbara and Lou Smit. Not sure why - perhaps that was for some of the old rehashed material.

13. Jayelles

PS, if you click on the link to Jane Copland's website you can hear clips of her voice. I knew I'd recognised the voice and thought it might be someone like Fiona Bruce who also has a very smooth voice. I now know that I recognise Jane Copland's voice from tv advertisements. She does a lot of them. Oh to have a voice like that!

This is Fiona Bruce:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ama22BNstto

Qiute similar voices. I'm useless at remembering names but I'm quite good with voices!

14. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

KK, somehow the title of this thread (Whackadoodle [generic])doesn't have quite the giggle and smile power as the Whackadoodle / Evening 2 thread...just sayin'...

15. koldkase

I think you have a point here...and for those of us too slow to get it, I hope you'll make it.... :pout:

16. koldkase

Well, my thread title may not be as snappy, but whackadoodles still has the whacko factor going strong. The latest breaking news from the swamp, which FINALLY explains how the McReynolds commited the crime and left DNA which LE neglected to link to them: JANET IS A DUDE!!

And no...I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!! I couldn't make up something this strange if I TRIED.

I guess there's a reason all things must come to an end. It's getting old, isn't it?

17. heymom

heymom Member

For me, it was the horror of the crime, and knowing that Patsy and John Ramsey were LYING from the moment I first saw them on TV. I kept waiting for them to be arrested, questioned, detained, SOMETHING, and day after day, week after week, months went by and then years, and nothing happened. No one broke the spell of "Boulder Police are focusing only on the parents." Anyone with a brain could have told that there was a REASON to focus on the parents, that the crime scene didn't make sense, was staged, and then the investigation comes back around to...the parents. But it never happened.

Growing up in Colorado, knowing Boulder and its citizens fairly well, I can't say I am surprised at how this case began, but even Boulder has surpassed itself for insanity and stupidity and corruption for 12 long, frustrating years. Mary Lacey is my nomination for World's Stupidest Woman in a Position of Power. And the voters of Boulder County put her in office!! To think that she shipped a pervert like John Mark Karr back from Thailand just because Michael Tracy had been coaching him in how he could have committed the murder...just simply ridiculous.

Poor JonBenet. No one cares about her death except a few unrelated people on the internet. It wasn't that she was the cutest little girl ever born, or particularly talented, or the sad implication that she was pimped out by her parents at child pageants. It was the idea that justice had been bought out by John Ramsey's money. We knew Patsy was lying, and lots of other people saw that too, but the power players in Colorado swept it under the "An Intruder Did It" throw rug.

18. Jayelles

Coincidentally, I was reading something recently about AIS because the night I sat down to watch the JonBenet documentary, there was also a documentary on about the Black Dahlia in which it was claimed she was incapable of having sexual intercourse and suggesting this may have been a motive for her murder. I'm not really a massive crime buff and wasn't familiar with the Black Dahlia murder so I Googled it and read about AIS. I didn't get the impression it was quite as cut and dried as the RST seem to be claiming. I think there are different types and levels of severity.

However, that's beside the point. The FACT is that they have absolutely no basis for their constant speculation about Janet McReynolds and suggestions that she is really a man, or that she has a condition which causes her to have two different DNAs or that she lives her life as several different people - one of them a feminist author. It doesn't even make good fiction! I have lived in hope that one of the McReynolds would decide that enough is enough and sue these people. This kind of behaviour isn't acceptable at all.

19. Jayelles

Whoops

I don't think DB will be too happy about this!

Poster Evening2 says to Poster K>>
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID79/599.html#34

He's not alone.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Not to mention how upsetting it is for her daughter. And it is a matter easily determined, anyway. She had a child, for pete's sake.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice