Christmas #12 2008

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I'm sending my hubby to KK's for cooking lessons...my hubby's idea of cooking is calling for pizza delivery.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Congratulations RiverRat! This has to be one of the nicest engagement rings I've ever seen. May you always be as happy as you are right now.

Wishing you both all the best for 2009.

Why did you choose RiverRat as your hat? :)

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

To my Peeps......

KK - why Thank You for sharing your story......I'm guessing that there is no wine left-over though? Oh well, the party is over and back to emptying those beer cans.......sigh.

And yes to everyone else, in the middle of the chaos with my children, CaptainRat snuck up from behind and really caught me off guard, just like when we met! On bended knee - He asked my girls first, of course - well actually my Father first a few days before - but I didn't give my answer until they did! I ADORE and love my ring - just have to get used to it as I've never been one for jewelry......I'm accessorized enough for my liking, but now everything changes just like that!

I will be outta here for a bit, but please carry on with how your day went or whatcha got going on to celebrate 2009 and Lacy's Leaving!!!

Your Fan -
    RR

4. RiverRat

Just because I was one in real life as the River ran through my back yard!

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, you may want to hold up on those cooking lessons. Remember, the COOK gets to choose the menu according to HIS tastes...and that includes HOT seasonings, how he likes things cooked, and what HE wants to eat...capice? :sick:

Not to mention, hubby has a THING for using every pot, bowl, pan, cooking utensil, and dish he can get his hands on, and the BIGGER the better...but he doesn't believe in cleaning any of it. That's one of the reasons I capitulated on the cooking--I know he's not going to clean up, so if he cooks, that's HALF the battle, anyway. Oh, the compromises one makes in a long marriage.

Upside...downside....

Oh, Rat, don't pay any attention to this...really...just kidding...honestly...it's PURE BLISS.... :yes:

6. koldkase

Actually, I noticed when cleaning up...did I mention hubby doesn't DO clean ups?--that most of the two bottles of Italian wine...still here. So I'll just save them for the wedding reception...if I can keep them hidden from Zotto...whose sub-nickname is BLOTTO--there's a reason SHE loves to cook, as well. :tipsy:

7. Elle

Elle Member

KK,

Your husband seems to be one of the many men who are turning into chefs these days. Sounds like you had a nice romantic French Christmas. What a nice idea to do something different. Wish my husband had followed suit with learning to cook. My sons enjoy cooking and it's like sitting in a fancy restaurant when we go there for dinner now-n-then. However, my husband does a great job of scrambled eggs with Parnesan cheese mixed through them. LUVLY! [​IMG]

8. Show Me

Nuts KK...I thought you owned some really great secret! The kind you can write a book on and make a billion bucks from ALL women worldwide.

My hopes are crushed....

RR...don't pay attention to the gripes...it is pure bliss at times and total chaos the other times and never dull in between....well never dull for long.

9. koldkase

Oh, you wanted my GREAT SECRET to a long marriage? :bateye:

I HAVE IT!! But I'm keeping it a secret until my book comes out. :deal:

Pssst...just between us, because I'm trying to find a book publisher for my best seller, The GREAT SECRET to a Long Marriage. The secret is...buy a house you really love, one neither of you could support alone.... It doesn't have to be a mansion, just at the top of your budget and one that it hurts your heart to think of leaving.... That's it! Amazing how flare ups flare down when you get to the packing stage.... Simple, I know, but there it is, the thing that really matters--HOME. If he has to come with it, well, there are worse things.... Way worse, when you get real about it. Through the years, ups and downs, some really wonderful life happens. Eventually, he IS home...for better and worse...and there you are. Washing dishes and eating the food he loves. And feeling privileged to do it. :hug:

10. koldkase

Those eggs sound delicious, Elle. I call my husband the Carpenter Chef. I've told him he needs to open a restaurant when he retires. He should call it "Eat At Your Own Risk". I bit into a purple onion slice in the salad course last night and just about had to leave the table...HOT HOT HOT! He accused me of being confused about what is "hot" in a dish. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! hahaha I told him, I have a college degree and I am 56 years old, I think I know when something I bite into is HOT!

He's so funny. He tells me EXACTLY how I should eat his dishes. OH, yeah he does. He sat down during the salad course and said to me (as if no one else is there...heh), "You need to take a bite of this with that after you put this on the other...." I said, "Would you like to feed me?" :floor: He's like that, I'm SERIOUS.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Merry Christmas to you all!
    And congrats to you, RR! Gorgeous ring. Wear it in good health, proudly and with love.

12. Show Me

KK...you crack me up....seriously you ought to write a book on anything....you are witty and I love reading your posts.

Actually you ought to write a column each week, or a book with different chapters. Observations on marriage, incredibly stupid forum people, lame DA's with hair curtains and so on.

RR....after 30 some years, Mr. Show Me is my best friend. (Unless I'm really mad at him about something then he is that sob, until he makes up with me.)

13. RiverRat

Ohhhh......he IS my BF and then some so I know I am on the right track this time!

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Congratulations, my dear Rat! I'm so glad you and the Captain found each other. Many you have many years of wedded bliss.

Attached Files:

15. Show Me

Cherokee! How perfect!

16. Cherokee

I thought so, too. I can't believe Miz Rat didn't like it. :cry:

17. koldkase

Miss BETROTHED Rat will LOVE IT! She's just traveling right now and hasn't SEEN it yet.

18. Elle

Elle Member

Someone had patience to make such a lovely cake like this Cherokee. [​IMG]

19. Cherokee

Yes, they did. I'm wondering who else in this world besides our Rat would need this particular wedding topper. LOL

20. heymom

heymom Member

There are LOTS of rat lovers in this world. Rats are very smart animals that make great pets, actually. They are dog-like in their trainability, very clean, and did I say smart? I've never actually kept rats but have had friends who did, and they are cool animals.

So I can imagine a couple of rat aficionados commissioning this soft toy topper for their wedding cake...

Good find, Cherokee!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice