Sue Bennett Memories

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Actually, BobC, I always loved the Research Triangle area of NC. And I have to admit there are areas of Eastern NC that I also like, the Red Necks notwithstanding. I like Greenville where East Carolina University resides, Jacksonville where the marine base is, and the NC beaches. And, of course, I'm badly sterotyping - I have many non-Red Neck friends in Eastern NC and throughout the State. My bad!!

I have only passed thru the NC mountains since I went to college there over 50 years ago - back then it was like returning to the colonial times. I'm sure it has changed...

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

Susan Bennett attacked her neighbor with a knife? When was that?

3. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Hey, Shadow, I have a question for you. What do you know about Emerald Isle, NC? I have never been to the Eastern part of the state, and we have rented an oceanfront house there for the first week in June. We are really looking forward to investigating the surrounding areas (Beaufort, etc) and especially taking the ferry over to the island with the wild horses! I, of course, am hoping that there is decent crabbing there. That is all it will take to keep me happy....that and a few good drinks on the deck in a rocking chair, looking out at the ocean. Catching a fish or two wouldn't hurt either...

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Tell me about it. I'm from New Jersey.

5. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

[​IMG]

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hee hee--Whynut--you are amazing. There is something subliminally tragic about that photograph.

Shadow I almost took a job in NC last year--but I got offered a job here in Austin first so I stayed. My mother was dying of cancer so I had to stick around. My family and I lived in NC when I was really young (Camp Lejune) and I still remember the ocean and the forests. My mother said that when I was four YO I brought her a baby copperhead snake--and we only learned later that they were quite poisonous! By the way I am a fossil collector now and have discovered the skeleton of an ice aged mammal in Onion Creek and UT is going to excavate it. It's all very exciting.

7. Shadow

BobC - So sorry to hear about your Mother. Camp Lejune is in Jacksonville which I mentioned earlier. My wife and I like Jacksonville and go there to military events, air shows and to shop. I have worked as a consultant to defense contractors there in the past (not recently). We also go to the Marine Corps Air Station at Cherry Point (Havelock, NC) to see air shows. I also consulted there at one time. Jacksonville and Havelock are both close to NC beaches.

Driver - Emeral Isle is very nice. My daughter, S-I-L and grandkids stayed there for a week last summer. Mrs shadow and I ocassionally go on one day outings to Atlantic Beach and Emeral Isle. We also go eat seafood at Morehead frequently - all of this (including Jacksonville) is about a 45 minute ride from our home. Nags Head, where our family vacationed every summer for over 20 years when we lived in Virginia, is about two-and-a-half hours from where we now live. With the other beaches so close, we seldom go to Nags Head anymore. Anyway, Emeral Isle is great.

Neat picture Why Nut!!

8. Elle

Elle Member

We went for quite a number of years to Myrtle Beach, North Carolina, up until five years ago, and we enjoyed it, Bob. [​IMG]

9. BobC

My stupid friend Robbie took the job in Raleigh that I turned down--and he called me the other day, whining that he couldn't sleep because their were too many frogs and crickets chirping at night. Sounds like heaven to me!

10. Shadow

Myrtle Beach is in South Carolina, below Wilmington, NC...

He must live in the subs, BobC. Raleigh is a pretty big city now with 7 colleges and lots of malls. I lived there from age 6 to 34 - went to N.C. State, and worked on a huge EPA contract at the Research Triangle Park.

11. Elle

Elle Member

That's right, Shadow. South Carolina. We switched for the last few years to Bluewater Inn. North Carolina. [​IMG]

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Ah, Myrtle Beach...I have fond memories of that beach, I spent my summers there when I was in High School, and that old :pirate: KK was just there not too long ago. I know because she bought my poochie a T-shirt that says:
    "I'm barking, and I can't shut up!"

13. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Myrtle Beach is where ALL West Virginians go for their summer vacation. What a great place!

14. Shadow

I spent my summers there, moab, when I was in college... girls, girls, girls!!

15. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

It's all in your point of view, Shadow.... I always thought of Myrtle Beach as.... boys, boys, boys!!!

16. BobC

Hey Driver--how are those cool pups doing?

17. sboyd

sboyd Member

Firstly,

Thanks so much for all your help. And you to Moab.

I have a question. There is a Candy and a Mame at Topix. Are these the two people who are sometimes referred to here and at websleuth.

18. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

9 . "Blue - I disagree"
    Posted by jameson on Mar-19-01 at 02:08 PM (EST)
    I was about 10 years old when a pedophile tried to rape me. I managed to get away - after I stabbed him.
    He wasn't killed, just injured - and I don't know if he ever touched another child - I suspect he did - but he never went near ME again.

The problem isn't with children being innocent - the problem is that sick people are walking free when they shouldn't be.

11 . "well"
    Posted by jameson on Mar-19-01 at 03:55 PM (EST)
    I am normally very shy - a perfect "victim" perhaps. If the knife hadn't just HAPPENED to be lying there, I would have been silent and "frozen" through the whole thing. I did not cry out at all - - but when I saw that knife.....
    Yeah, I did the right thing and have no regrets - - but he must have thought I was "coming on to him" somehow. It really doesn't matter what I was wearing (I think it was jeans and a t-shirt but it was my own home, if I had been wearing pj's or a bathing suit, that doesn't matter - I was NOT coming on to the drunken slob!) Was it the fact that I wasn't with the other kids but alone in a rather secluded part of the house? Did he take that as a "come-on"? I assure you, it was not.

19. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

As far as I know, the Candy and Mame referred to here and at WS are the same Candy and Mame who post at Topix. RiverRat, KK and others who post at Topix would know for sure. Why do you ask?

20. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Is this the same guy who put snakes on her in the barn? Or not?

Yes, candy and mame at topix are the same problem children we have known for many years on the forums. IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM. :whipit: :mame:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice