Humor The Rat, Check IN Please!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Tez

Tez Member

Present, Rat. I was without Internet access for a month, so I couldn't check in.

The good news is Lacy is out of office and hopefully Alex Midyette will get his just desserts in a few weeks!

2. WVSleuth

WVSleuth Member

I'm a relative newbie, but I'll check in!

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I was wondering what your excuse was, Woman! I know that somehow you would find a way once the Midyette Trial started!

4. RiverRat

Why Thank You.......for checking in and being onehelluva Newbie this year!!!

5. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Shadow checking in... now where is my buddy Bad Bob?

BTW, I didn't go to Catholic school, but I did go to a Baptist college to become a minister. After two months around the "devout" there, I almost lost my religion and dropped the minister idea. I only lasted 4 months there... but a knee injury playing football was the "official" reason for my leaving school.

6. RiverRat

There's our Man of the House! Bad Bob is here somewhere eleborating on who is more "Special" - jameson or mame...........care to place your bet?!

For me - I love it that you were guided to minister us here in your wonderful way! Plus - we heard it from you first that there was really no Mystery with that Mystery Woman years ago, so you have earned you Spot in the Hall of Fame!

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I lasted 12 years in Catholic school! Of course, the last 4 years (high school) were spent making the nuns wish they'd never let me in! They never found all those Communion wafers I hid...And my beautiful silkscreening of the Batman logo on the back of their black capes...my finest work.

8. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Hey guys just wanted to stop in and say hello!! Hope everyone had great holidays and that this will be the best year yet for all of us!!!:hiya:

9. sboyd

sboyd Member

Hi All, I am back after some great help from RR and Moab. I love this Forum. It is so informative. I can basicallly find anything and then some on the JB case here. So thank you all.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Hello there sb and JJ :hiya: Hope you both have a good year too![​IMG]

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

Hi sboyd, glad to see you back here! :hiya:

12. RiverRat

JJ - there is too much passion in your heart, so I knew that you would eventually wander in - thanks!

SBoyd - as I said - it was my pleasure!

13. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

DeeDee

DeeDee, I, too, spent 12 years in Catholic schools, which, for the most part, I loved. The Sisters of Mercy were kind and excellent educators.

I must say, while laughing a bit, that you would not have lasted 10 minutes at my Convent school. No questions asked, you would have Been GONE! lol.
    And, with no possibility of an "Appeal," (Even if the Bishop happened to be your Uncle, or the Pope, your brother.)

Thank you, dear River Rat, for starting this thread, as it is wonderful to see so many check in; both the old and the new members alike. When there are lulls in the case, like now, we tend to "lay low." But, it's at these slow times that we really need to keep the Forum going, so that when the "big news" comes, we'll all be ready.

Welcome all. We are like a family here and River Rat is one of our most endearing and productive members. (Although a bit crabby at times, she always manages to emerge as the short gal, waving the tall banner of inclusiveness.)
    However, be careful not to step on her toes, or she'll rise tall above the fray and...well, no telling what she'll do. LOL. Just kidding, Rat...just kidding. haha. I really love you; yes, I do.

gl

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Greenleaf, my "antics" didn't start until high school. They included pouring a box of red Rit dye into the convent washers- those poor Dominican nuns wore pink habits for a LONG time. A life-long non-smoker/non-drinker, I bought cigarettes for the life-size statue of the Blessed Virgin standing in the courtyard. I lit a ciggie for her every morning, placing it carefully in her outstretched fingers. Catholics will know the familiar pose the statue was in. I figured after the day she had watching the likes of me, she needed it.
    Why did I last? My 99.9 average was one reason- but the real reason was that they felt sorry for my mother. She was blind her whole life, and I think they didn't want her to know just how bratty I was.

15. RiverRat

Greenie....How Honestly Sweet of You - I MUST have this post as Framed as Fleet White and hang it above my MaMe Needs Help 1000 post thread!!! Coming from you, what an honor and great way to start my day!

Just like Greenie stated - seeing that we have a hard-core group still intact to take on what we know is eventually coming our way, JonBenet still has her only Support System. Bravo to all of you Good-Hearted People!!!

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, DeeDee, that last paragraph really touched my heart. I think you should do whatever Catholics do to nominate those nuns for Sainthood...or at least, new robes.
    :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:
    :angel::angel::angel: ​

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

LOL! I am not much of a Catholic any more. Very happily lapsed. While I believe many nuns (and priests) are certainly destined for sainthood- for the most part, pettiness and venality are as common in the Convent and Rectory as they are in the secular world.

18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Of course, we know you speak the truth about that. I'm just saying...a girl with your high level of intelligence, paired with your proclivity toward civil disobediance...well, give your nuns SOME credit.... Obviously, they did a BRILLIANT JOB with you! :yes:

19. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Hey Elle!!!!

20. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Hey RR....Glad to know you are okay! Passion in my heart...keeps me here....
    I know my spouse and kids think I am obsessed at times but they always bare with me when I talk of JonBenet. I just keep hoping before I am on my death bed, there will be justice for that little girl. At times, I try to convince myself justice is beyond my scope of knowledge. That may be so, but I still hurt in my heart for what happened to Jonbenet. I always will. Especially with the facts that are known. Hope all is well girl!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice