New Boulder DA Stan Garnett

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Karen

Karen Member

AWwww, Greenleaf deserves that. How sweet of you.:)

2. Karen

Karen Member

New Boulder DA says he has two primary goals regarding the Jonbenet Ramsey case.

"First one is that I'm not going to revisit anybodys decisions on that case."

Secondly he will look at the case from a management perspective.

Here's the link to the article:
    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_11368697

What the heck does he mean by saying he's not going to revisit anybodys decisions on that case?
    There is also some interesting history on his professional life and his wife. I think it's a really good thing that he worked in the Denver DA's office.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Okaaaaaaaay. A "Management Position" is a start, I suppose...he does need time to learn about the criminal judicial process which is slightly different than real estate law. Slightly.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

In the section about the JB case, here is what Garnett says:

It seems clear to me that Garnett is saying fuhgedaboudit!

If you read the article, Garnett is all about MONEY and POSSESSIONS. Notice he listed "family" last in this:

"People expect the law enforcement community to keep them, their homes, their cars and their families safe."

The man was a civil ligitigator for 22 years. He and Wood will get along just fine. Garnett states he's going to go after white collar crime. And why not? How many murders do they have a year in Boulder?

But Garnett isn't "revisiting" any old DA decisions on the JB case. Translation: He's not going to "unclear" the Ramseys. That's what I think he means, anyway.

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Hey, doesn't anyone remember my song "Boulder Tradition," and homage to/parody of Hank Willaims Jr.'s "Family Tradition."

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, why don't you give us a replay, Punisher? We love that one!

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

The way I see it- unless he can take the investigation in a direction pointing away from the Ramseys, he isn't taking it anywhere. And he's NOT going to reverse Lacy's position. So....same old, same old.

But we already knew that.

8. RiverRat

Of Course!

Sung to the tune of "Family Tradition"):

Well John and Patsy Ramsey

Such a close-knit family

But most of the American people

Don't believe 'em anyway, ya see

Stop and read the case file, Mary Lacy

Before you make your decision

You might get it right

Though yer not too bright

It's a Boulder County tradition!

The ol' system's got problems

That is plain to see

There's one set of rules for the rich

The ol' system's got problems

That is plain to see

There's one set of rules for the rich

Another one for you and me

The police didn't want to play ball

Linny Winny told 'em you got to

The Rs bought their way out

That's what I'm talking about

And Mikey spreads the doo-doo!

I'm gonna tell ya just what I think

And I'm not gonna blink

And I don't have big name shysters to whom the DA is linked

Yeah, I am my own man

Even though it does give me some friction

If I smell somethin' wrong

I'm gonna come down strong

It's a Punisher tradition!

I am very proud

of my country's name

but a case like this makes me hang my head

it is just a shame

John Lou Lin and Mikey can have each other

At least Patsy showed some contrition

"Please move on

We are standin' strong"

It's Ramsey family tradition!

And I'm not gonna blink

Yeah, I joined the Collective

Even though the implants give me some friction

It was so sloppy all around

Everything so amateurish

But Johnny had all his millions

And Patsy was a good-looking dish

How could you do such a terrible thing

Why put yourselves in the position

If you run out of luck

Use the almighty buck

That's a Ramsey family tradition!

A certain trailer park woman

Set me on the road to assimilation

Now I'm saying my part

I'm singing from the heart

Against the RST abomination

Jammy, if you'd been nicer

I might not have changed my position

You wanted a fight

You got one all right

That's my Irish family tradition!

People ask me, "Why do you post

Why do you make note

When will we get to read

That book that you wrote?"

Stop and think it over

put yourself in my unique position

I gotta be true

Why wouldn't you

It's a family tradition!

And I'm not gonna blink

Yeah, I joined the Collective

Even though the implants give me some friction

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:floor: :floor: :floor:

from our very own musical :mears:

Thank you for the smile today!

10. RiverRat

I just copy and pasted......that's our Punisher's PenManShip!!!

11. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Greenie and Punisher - love it, love it, love it.

Okay, so here's the skinny on what's going to happen when the JBR case goes back to the BPD, if it hasn't already.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Here's why: The clusterfluck that happened with both Alex Hunter and Mary Lacy was, I believe, orchestrated with precision. Oh sure, they were incompetent, but they were not so incompetent that they didn't know their actions would make sure neither Ramsey would ever be convicted of anything.

The BPD could reopen the case and put new investigators on it, but they won't, because THEY KNOW it would only be window dressing. Say they did go through all the motions again and turned the case over to the DA saying there was enough evidence to go to trial. It's not going to happen, but pretend, just for a minute. The DA, any DA, would know his case was lost before he even started because of the statements, misstatements, intended statements, and just plain screw-ups that happened in the DA'S OFFICE.

Any nincompoop, lawyer or not, could defend this case, simply by presenting to the jury everything said, from Alex Hunter's famous words about ST's being a rogue cop to Lacy's spending of taxpayers money to bring that sick, pathetic pedophile back across the ocen to her writing a letter to John Ramsey clearing him. What more would the defense need?

It wasn't the BPD who killed this case. The history in the DA's office regarding the case has effectively killed any chance of justice, because that same history would be used against the DA. Can you imagine a defense lawyer quoting Hunter's denegrating statement against Steve Thomas in court? Don't anyone think for one second that he didn't know precisely what he was doing. He knew a defense attorney would use that statement against him in court. So did Lacy know her statements and actions would be used to cut down her own case in court.

I believe they did it on purpose, because they knew their actions would assure the Ramseys were protected for the rest of their lives.

Lacy and Hunter both should be prosecuted for what they've done.

12. Karen

Karen Member

Sadly I agree. I think both DA's effectively sabotaged this case on purpose so it could never go to a courtroom.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Should I take a bow?

14. Karen

Karen Member

So he's going to take his first 30 days to review the case and make some decisions. Do you think he'll make his decision public? What a perfect way to just end this case once and for all. Frankly, I don't think he wants to bother with it, that's why he's going to toss it back to the BPD. It will be off his desk and he will no longer be responsible for any further decisions and maybe the press will leave him alone about it. It's called passing the buck. Besides that if he comes to the conclusion that Patsy did it then there would be nothing else to investigate and the case would be effectivly solved since you can't prosecute a dead person. He already knows the BPD pegged Patsy for it. Even Steve Thomas gave John a pass. He could do that and send it to the BPD and wash his hands of it all. Personally i think that is why he wants to review it in the first 30 days. To get it done and over with and not be bothered anymore and just move on. He knows Mary Lacy said at one time the public is sick of this case. It sounds like he's more interested in going after other types of crime. Just my own observation, for whatever it's worth.

15. Karen

Karen Member

By all means take a bow. But what I want to know is when are you going to actually sing it and post it on youtube so we can hear it for ourselves? I just KNOW you sing it to yourself all the time. Time to step up and share your talents. I LOVED it and would like to hear it sung. BY YOU!!!!

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Someday...someday...

17. Little

Little Member

New Boulder DA re-examining JonBenet Ramsey case

New Boulder DA re-examining JonBenet Ramsey case
    CNN NEWS WIRE
    Friday, January 16th 2009, 5:09 PM
    The new district attorney of Boulder County, Colorado, said he plans to take a fresh look at the investigation surrounding the 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey.

The DA's office assumed responsibility for the investigation in 2002, Stan Garnett told CNN, but in his first 30 days in office, he wants to decide whether it should be returned to Boulder police.

"I'm trying to determine whether it's efficient to have the ongoing investigation handled by my office, or somebody else," said Garnett, who was sworn in as DA on January 13.

The DA's office is relatively small, he said, with 27 lawyers and six investigators handling between 2,000 and 2,500 felony cases a year.

snip

Lacy was widely criticized, including by then-Colorado Gov. Bill Owens, for the handling of Karr's arrest. Boulder police have long faced criticism over their handling of the investigation.

But, Garnett said Friday, "I've been very impressed by the Boulder PD.

They are a fine department now and have handled a number of cases very well. ... They've done a very nice job."

The department has 24 investigators -- four times as many as the DA's staff, he said.

Garnett was elected DA in November to replace Lacy, who could not run again because of term limits. Before he was elected, he served a trial lawyer for 22 years, according to his biography posted on the DA's Web site.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_...new_boulder_da_reexamining_jonbenet_rams.html

18. Elle

Elle Member

I don't think the Ramseys should have been exonerated if the case was never closed, Little(?).

19. Little

Little Member

Nope, not unless you are Mary Lacy and you have some old debts to pay. I still wonder if this was completely bullet proof legal and if some "new" evidence came to light if LTJR (lizard tongue john ramsey) could still have some splainin' to do. Hey, maybe Mary Lacy might get caught up in her own pay to play scandal :)

Little

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I really think it was lip service. A "parting gift" from Lacy to the Rs.
    It wouldn't really hold up, legally. The case is still open- and will be indefinitely until the killer(s) is identified.
    And if any of the surviving Rs were found to be involved, they can be prosecuted. Lacy's "exoneration" does not exempt them from being arrested, charged and tried if anyone ever had the guts to do it.
    If the killer turns out to be dead (PR), JR and even Aunt P could be charged with anything from obstruction of justice to tampering with evidence. If BR was found to be involved, well- Colorado law says anyone involved with him can't be charged if his identity would be revealed because of his age at the time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice