Sue Bennett Memories

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

BobC.. my pups have been reduced to just the extremely wild Annabel. Sadly, I lost my precious Gunny (the schnauzer seen in my avatar pic with Emmy, also at the Rainbow bridge) over a year ago. Annabel is a rescue from Christmas 2007, and turns out to be a wirehair Jack Russell, with all of the idiosyncracies that they bring to the table..or in Annabel's case, tableTOPS. She has an affinity for tables, or anything high up. She can jump like an Olympic high jumper and run like the wind. She likes nothing better than to break through a door and tear through the neighborhood, through creeks and hills at full throttle. She sheds a bushel of hair every day and barks non-stop.

I adore her.

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:floor:

Bless you Driver!

3. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I tried to post my favorite picture of Annabel, but it said I had already posted it somewhere else! So, in an effort to show how ludicrous it is that she is a "star" jumper (notice the length of her legs), I am posting this one...taken when I caught her one day checking out my bathtub area.

ETA: Yikes, Moab! Please resize this! Sorry about the margins!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  4. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Ohhhhhh...I'm in love! Driver, she is absolutely adorable.

We had a Jack Russell, Australian sheepdog mix and that dog could jump like you wouldn't believe. She once lept, from a standing position up onto the kitchen counter and grabbed a steak. And like your dog, she could run like crazy. When we first took her in, she'd get out and run so fast we couldn't catch her. Picture this. We'd take hotdogs, drive somewhere ahead of her and then dangle the hotdog out of the car to try to lure her in.

She crossed the Rainbow Bridge two years ago this week. I still miss her.

5. Elle

Elle Member

I had a great time in Myrtle Beach for years, girls. Then my son bought a condo in Titusville, Florida and I went there. [​IMG]

Oh what a gorgeous little dog, Driver. LUVLY![​IMG]

6. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Driver, Annabel is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting her photo.

7. Cherokee

:rolling:

Pearlsim, do you have a photo of your dog you can share?

8. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

You are more than Welcome! Just trying to do what I can, when I can to help Moab and Tricia out around this place that I have grown so very fond of!

And Yes - those are the same two. Look up Trickery in the Dictonary for their pictures.....

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

And what about yours?! I sooo enjooyed the video with the deer, so are there any new ones to share?

Thanks for making an appearance here on this thread for many reasons, but Shadow loves it when he has some testosterone for company!

10. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Hahahahahha, Pearlsim.. You could have been writing about my Annabel! She can jump a 4 foot fence without even blinking, and bar stools are a no-brainer. I have no doubt she could get up on the kitchen counters if she wanted to.

You should have seen me on Christmas Eve. I had gotten dressed and decided to put on some great big dangly Christmas earrings I'd had for around 20 years as a joke for my kids. Annabel escaped as I opened the door for the UPS man and took off across the street, through the creek and up the hill to confront the neighbor's Lab! Here I go after her, dressed but for my bedroom shoes, with those TACKY dangly earrings flopping as I ran. I yanked them off midway so my neighbors wouldn't see them when I finally got there. Of course, all the way I was screaming her name and yelling for someone..anyone... to catch her for me! God love her, I should have had her 30 years ago. I am too old for this nonsense.

11. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Cherokee, I have a million pics of her but I don't know how to post them. Can I send one to someone smart and have it posted?

12. Cherokee

Sure. Check your PM box.

13. Thor

Thor Active Member

Driver, Annabel is just adorable. Love that sweet face!

14. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

She is cool! Sorry about the other pups, my friend. It is really painful losing a dog. My big black Lab Otis is getting up there in years--I will be a mess when he goes.

15. BobC

RR--all the dogs are going fine. Otis, Ellie, Noodles and I went on a fossil hunt Sunday and Noodles rolled in a dead deer. I love Noodles, but she this uncanny way of getting into trouble at every turn. Good thing for her she's so damned cute that you can't stay mad at her. I'll look through my videos and see if any are cool enough to put up on Youtube.

16. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Wasn't it Noodles we saw being chased by a deer? If so, this will just be her way of gloating. Have a heart :p

17. BobC

The poor thing wasn't just chased--she was caught and assaulted! Poor little Noodles didn't understand that mother deer with fawns don't want to play with her! I have had many many dogs--I have five right now--and I am always out in the woods fishing or hiking or fossil hunting. I have never had a dog get attacked by deer until Noodleydoo came on the scene--she's been attacked three times! She was also approached by a coyote a few months ago and I had to scare it off. Noodles is cute as can be but she is retarded. She just doesn't understand what is dangerous out there. She was actually tried to play with the deer and the coyote!

18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I think Noodles is simply an optimist at heart, BobC. Can't fault her for that!

19. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

One of my dogs only has two brain cells. She's just permanently thrilled to bits and could be described as "terminally happy".

The thing is, she doesn't remember and learn from unpleasant experiences. Both of them dislike being groomed and because of their breed, it's a regular necessity. I take them to be clipped every 10 weeks or so and it's a 25 mile drive to the groomers so I don't give them the usual doggy biscuits that morning. The other dog immediately associates no biscuits with the dreaded trip to the groomers and starts to sulk but not Larna who is just as happy as ever. Poppy also cries in the car when it follows because it's confirmation of the dreaded visit but nope, Larna jumps all over the back seat and settles happily on the parcel shelf. When I get to the town where the groomers is, I have to drive along a cobbled street and for Poppy this is the final nail in the coffin and she starts crying again but not Larna who just wakens up from her snooze and starts wagging her tail. I have to carry Poppy from the car to the groomers because she would attempt to slip her lead at this point - but not Larna who is full of delight and "this is great - where are we going?". It's only when I actually go into the dog parlour that Larna realises and remembers and then her tail goes down and she tries to about turn.

They are nearly 6 years old and they must have been clipped 20+ times but she just never learns.

She can't do tricks either - too stupid. Poppy has a full repertoire of tricks which she'll perform for little pieces of chicken. But she'll only do them if there's a chicken reward and if there isn't she just stands there looking at you as if to say "What's in it for me?".

Having said this, Larna came from a top breeder and is a show standard specimen of her breed. Poppy came from a puppy farm - shocking conditions - and she has a hole in her heart and she actually doesn't even resemble her breed. She looks like a cross breed and is only half the size she should be, but she's as smart as could be. She is the "brains of the outfit" and leads big soft Larna into all kinds of mischief.

20. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Jay, how I loved your puppy tale! I really enjoy the way you express yourself and you tell a great story. Poor Larna.....reminds me of a beautiful (but brainless) starlet. Looks good in front of the camera, but can't act for nuttin'! Good thing she doesn't have to. Oh, those lucky enough to get by on looks alone. Lucky she has Poppy, the brains of the outfit, to look after her. Just a step out of the spotlight, she is Larna's keeper.

More stories, please!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice