New Boulder DA Stan Garnett

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jan 2, 2009.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=108234&catid=339

We knew it would be "bussiness" as usual in Boulder.

Well, it's not like Garnet has changed anything. This case was finished the minute Hunter's phone rang that morning.

Here is my favorite post on that news page:

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

Looks like Garnett is an IDI who ignores all the evidence implicating the Ramseys. :banghead:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...8234&catid=339

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I believe IDI is short for idiot.

4. heymom

heymom Member

5. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Rashomon,

the page says it was either moved or deleted for me.

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thanks,

That does it for me. Good report.

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Well, you can't spell idiot without IDI.

9. sboyd

sboyd Member

article

HERE IS THE ARTICLE.

BOULDER COUNTY - The new district attorney in Boulder, Stan Garnett, says he has not made a decision on who is in charge in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case.

The Ramsey case is one of the most infamous unsolved murder mysteries in the country. The 6-year-old was murdered in her home in Boulder on Dec. 26, 1996.

Former District Attorney Mary Lacy's office took charge of the investigation from Boulder Police in 2002.

New District Attorney Stan Garnett says he hasn't made a decision on whether his office will continue to head up the investigation, or whether it will go to the Boulder Police or Boulder County Sheriff's Department.

Garnett took over the job of district attorney last week.

Garnett says there are leads that have to be reviewed.

They come in "pretty regularly," he said.

He adds whoever is in charge of the case needs to focus on the DNA that was identified over the last few years. Garnett believes the DNA is critical in identifying the suspect.

In July 2008, then-District Attorney Lacy wrote a letter exonerating the Ramsey family in the murder of their family.

The exoneration happened after JonBenet's mother, Patsy, died of cancer in June 2006.

John and Patsy Ramsey had been "under the umbrella of suspicion" since their daughter was murdered.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved.)

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Wouldn't you love to know what those "leads" are and who is sending them in? I wonder how many have Smit or Tracy's names on them? And I bet I can imagine who they are naming.

11. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

jameson probably has a couple bags of DNA she collected from some condoms someone sent her on ice in her freezer. She is hoping the new DA will have them tested.

Hahahahahahahahahaha I crack myself up, sometimes.

12. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

"New leads?" P L E A S E!!!!

Place your bets, one and all
    On the “new leads†coming in
    From Jam; to Pam
    And all the Ram kin
    And, goody, goody, look for Woody
    To make an anonymous call
    Keeping close to his vest the truth of this mess
    While shopping for silk suits at the Mall
    Looking lean but not mean
    Is LouLou of piggy-wiggly fame
    He will bring in his large prayer book
    (Filled with case records that he took)
    With visions of a phantom, sans a name
    Alex and Mary’s guilt runs deep
    (They will go to where Rams outnumber the sheep)
    And all “new leads†will fade out of sight
    At a place where children are not safe at night
    (At a place where no child is safe at night)
    JonBenet will ever be the poster child
    For sorry D.A.’S who protect fat-cats-hides
    There is nothing new that will make the news
    No one seems ready to review old clues
    Except for a stubborn group with one noble quest
    To see J.R. spit and pass the Indian test
    His mouth is dry and his tongue is split
    And that is why we will never quit

gl

13. Elle

Elle Member

Have you been drinking that home made sauce again WY? [​IMG]

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

There once was a new DA in Boulder
    Who took over a case that got colder
    The "tips" still poured in
    Saying the same old thing
    But ignoring the truth makes him bolder.

I actually prefer to write limericks that are in the standard form of "there once was a DA from Nantucket"...but the rhyming possibilities then are probably not for this board. We are a polite group.

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

News from the new DA's Office:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jun/10/six-prosecutors-leaving-boulder-das-office/#comments

16. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Koldkase

Thanks for posing that, Koldkase.

Say what?
    "Hunt said she suspects her termination was related to a sexual harassment claim she filed May 8. The claim alleged she was harassed by a male supervisor May 6, and one of her co-workers has been harassed by a different supervisor for “quite some time.”

And, this:
    "In addition to those six prosecutors, Garnett replaced former District Attorney Mary Lacy’s first assistant Pete Maguire and assistant district attorney Bill Nagel when he took office in January."

Goodbye, Pete, and Billy boy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

" Six prosecutors are leaving the Boulder County District Attorney’s Office for unspecified reasons..."

Koldkase, do you know if any of these people were involved in the JBR case?
    (Besides Pete Magire & Bil Nagel)

Is this the first step Garnett takes, before dusting off the Ram files and starting anew?

I think all this could be big news

gl

17. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Six prosecutors are leaving the Boulder County District Attorney’s Office for unspecified reasons, including veteran Colette Cribari — who prosecuted both Alex and Molly Midyette in the death of their infant son — and longtime prosecutor Bryan Quiram.

Hunt said Garnett sent termination letters May 28 to Davis, Lasky and Leh and her.

“His reasoning was that we were not part of his reorganization,†said Hunt, who’s been with the office for four years.

In addition to those six prosecutors, Garnett replaced former District Attorney Mary Lacy’s first assistant Pete Maguire and assistant district attorney Bill Nagel when he took office in January.

Garnett didn’t explain why six more of the office’s 27 prosecutors are leaving, but he said in an e-mail, “I have the responsibility to assemble the staff that I believe best serves the role of the Boulder District Attorney’s Office.â€

Garnett said he can’t comment on personnel matters.

“What I can say about the people leaving the office is that all deputy district attorneys are at-will employees, and a certain amount of turnover is normal and healthy in district attorneys’ offices, especially with a newly elected DA,†Garnett said.

OH MY GOSH! DARE I HOPE??????

The either extremely corrupt or eternally stupid DA's office is over and done with! The little Boulder clique has been destroyed if Garnett is serious.

Is John Ramsey sweating yet?

Thanks for the article KK....wow!

18. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Well Now!

:gum:

Voyager

19. Elle

Elle Member

Surprising news!

Thank you for posting this surprising news, KK. I'm sure we will be hearing more on this.

20. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

So Garnett is cleaning house. Good for him. Heaven knows the Boulder DA's office needed it after all the corruption, cronyism and bleeding-heart perp lovers that ran rampant during the tenures of Alex Hunter and Mary Lacy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice