The Ramsey's own words

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, May 22, 2006.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Wonder exactly what is the reason for all those little flights JR scoots all over the country for.

2. Karen

Karen Member

Doesn't he do public speaking? I think he works for the same company Beth Holloway (Twitty?) works for.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Well, let's pool our money together and book him here?!

4. AMES

AMES Member

If he comes, can we throw things at him??

5. rashomon

rashomon Member

The window well space is so narrow that imo it does not even allow enough room for a foot to give the window pane a good kick in order to break it.
    Also, how can Smit theorize that the intruder planned to exit through the basement window with the kidnapping victim? Which intruder would be so stupid to try and climb out of that window well carrying a (possibly struggling) victim?
    THAT's what Smit should have tested with a dummy. He should also have tried to haul that suitcase filled with a dummy of JonBenet's weight from the floor into the well.
    Getting out of deeper window wells can be pretty difficult even if one is carrying nothing.

If there is one thing kidnappers usually think about, it is a quick exit route which allows them to snatch the victim and get out of the house immediately. But the window well is no quick exit route at all.

"The intruder obviously was in a hurry and that's why he had to leave the body behind" is another IDI myth.
    The evidence does not suport the 'fleeing intruder' theory. For perps fleeing the premises don't take the time to replace window well grates. :D

6. Elle

Elle Member

I will never understand how Lou Smit got away with this theory, rashomon.

Lou Smit certainly did squeeze through this basement window to prove his point, but to think his theory of the intruder was accepted boggles my mind. When I think of the effort it would have taken to put a suitcase with JonBenét in it, up through the window he came in, is absolutely ridiculous.

As you stated, a kidnapper aims for a quick exit, instead of this intruder hypothetically writing the "War and Peace" ransom note at his leisure. This alone gave the Ramseys away, and yet they got away with it.

I'm amazed Lou didn't elaborate on his theory. He forgot to mention the intruder never carried out any criminal action without his pet monkey. The monkey could have jumped up through the basement window in a flash, carrying JonBenét, and then scurried away like the hammers of hell. Then all the intruder had to do was look for a ladder to go out the window. With the monkey driving at full speed, they were out of there. I'm quite sure this theory would have also been accepted, don't you?

Like KK. I think Lou Smit's presentation should be made public. I hope the New Boulder Team will ask Lou for this video (?)

7. heymom

heymom Member

When you are dealing with an ignorant public, you throw everything out that you can, and hope that something sticks. Lou and the rest of the RST did just that - tell a story, and no matter how unbelievable it sounds, if you keep repeating the lie long enough, you will sound convincing.

Just like defense lawyers can come up with several phantom diseases, none of which were actually present in the victim, and jurors will fill in the blank, "There might have been SOME disease, we can't know for sure!" Thereby ignoring the blatant evidence that a father has battered his child to death over the course of the 11 weeks of the baby's life.

Common sense has been endangered in this country for 20 years or more. The ability to actually THINK has been eliminated.

8. Elle

Elle Member

A sad state of affairs finding true justice, heymom. :-(

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I like the "monkey factor", Elle! I am surprised the RST didn't try to pin the whole thing on the monkey!

10. Elle

Elle Member

I think the Ramseys would have got away with this one too, DeeDee. [​IMG]

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

Interesting point, DeeDee about the Ramseys possibly thinking there might be no autopsy at all, and that their staged scene would be accepted at face value. I recall having had a discussion on that with D. England a few years ago, and he too did not rule it out.

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

Basement window

Lol, yes, Elle. It looks like they would accept anything except the obvious. A poster here said it so well: it is good to keep an open mind, but not so much that the brain falls out. :D

When shown a picture of the empty drawer near the bottom of the spiral stairs, Patsy said the intruder knew where their flashlight was kept.
    But to use the Ramsey flashlight, he had to get in first, so (I'm strictly applying Patsy's logic) he probably had no flashlight. For if he had a flashlight, there was no need to rummage for one in the drawers of the Ramsey home.
    When the Ramseys left for the Whites, it was already pitch-dark outside at that time of the year.
    But - oh coincidence of coincidences, the intruder not only "happened" to luck on an already broken window - he was even able to SEE the small hole in the pane down there in window well, despite darkness and the grate making viewing difficult. This is just plain absurd.

But Smit got so carried away with his window-climbing, suitcase-carrying intruder that he blocked out all these improbabilities.

Here is an interesting link Why_Nut gave to Smit squeezing himself into the narrow window well.
    Smit is not tall and also slim, and even he barely fit in there.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/whynut/vlcsnap-1044816.jpg

I have question re the grate: could it be completely removed?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  13. AMES

AMES Member

Exactly! And wouldn't he have needed it to see with, when he LEFT the Ramsey house in the pitch dark? Just as you said...the fact that he used the Ramsey's flashlight, shows...imo...(and common sense)...that he had no flashlight with him, when he broke into the home. Bet he bumped into alot of walls and furniture, and tripped over things on the ground outside...when he tried to leave in the dark. I bet then he probably thought..."Gee...I should have brought that flashlight with me, instead of wiping it and the batteries down, and leaving it on the counter. I sure could use it right about now."

14. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Question?

Where do Y'All keep your flashlight(s)? Seriously....

Think about it. If the power goes out and it is dark enough to need a flashlight, chances are you are going to be in the bedroom unless you stay up rather late or only have a TV in your living room or family room. Either way, how many people are going to be in their kitchen?

I keep a heavy Mag light beside my bed and another in my car. They give off good light and can be used as a weapon if need be. 'Nuff said.

OK then. You have a master bedroom on the third floor, children's rooms on the second floor and you keep your flashlight on the first floor? What if you need to check on a sick child in the night and the power is out? Maybe Boulder is different then here but when there is a big (ice, wind) storm we tend to lose power. Is this not a :duh:

15. Elle

Elle Member

Looking closely at Why_Nut's photo, you can actually see the Iron rod holding the grate up, coming right through the concrete which frames this grate; right next to the wall. It doesn't look removable to me, rashomon. It probably lifts and just leans against the wall.

LE should have asked John Ramsey to give them a demonstation on how he supposedy entered through this basement window. John Ramsey has broader shoulders and has a heavier build than Lou Smit.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
  16. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Got a question about the flashlight...

First of all JR you are correct about where you keep a flashlight. Recently I've had my power go out 3 times during waking hours but in the dark. I have flashlights of all sizes all over the house just for this type of thing. Almost each room downstairs and in my bedroom upstairs. But I digress...

My question is this...why on earth would this make believe intruder have to wipe the batteries? Did he also find new batteries while there in the dark and put them in the flashlight. I say that the only reason this makes sense of a wiped clean flashlight inside and out is that the Ramsys had to wipe it clean so that they could claim it wasn't theirs...and perhaps there was some hair embedded in it from the blow to her head. Can any of you think why it was wiped clean inside and out?

17. Elle

Elle Member

It seems you are well prepared JR. I have small flashlights throughout the house, as well as a few larger emergency lamps.

There was no power cut on Christmas night in Boulder. For sure, the Ramseys had their main lights switched off during the night. someone did spot a light moving around, which had to be the Ramseys staging the crime.

I don't know why anyone would want spiral stairs in their house. They're not very practical. If anything, they are dangerous. jmo [​IMG]

18. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Good Review and Discussion...

about the maglite flashlight in the Ramsey case...I have always thought of the maglight flashlight as being the weapon that split JonBenets skull....Why else would the flashlight and batteries been wiped down? It is certainly consistant with an object that would have cause the kind of head wound that JonBenet experienced.

Also, we keep our flashlights in the utility room and the garage...I am on my way to the utility room to get our maglight to put in my nightstand drawer! Good point JR and Zoomama....Weapon and emergency light.

Voyager

19. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I keep my flashlight in my laundry room, which is right off of my kitchen. I just remembered, though, that there is also one upstairs in my son's room.

Since I sleep on the first floor, should I need to use a flashlight during the night, I would make my way through the maze of halls in my house to get to the flashlight. I have little or no concern about making that "trip" in the dark!

Zoo, how in the world do you keep up with batteries in all of those flashlights? LOL

20. Elle

Elle Member

My electricity bill is always high, because I have lights on all day long during the dreary dull winter days. They cheer me up. The winters are far too long in Canada. Kind of late in the day for me to wish we had emigrated to a warmer climate. When you're younger you never think of being older. I like the Pennsylvanian Dutch saying. "TOO SOON OLD!"[​IMG]

Yes, it is strange Voyager about no prints being found on the Ramsey's flashlight. As everyone has said, the Ramseys lived there, their fingerprints should have been on the flashlight and on the batteries, and yet this wasn't investigated thoroughly. Frustrating!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice