The Ramsey's own words

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, May 22, 2006.

1. rashomon

rashomon Member

Our Golden Retriever dog is very suspicious of spiral stairs too, and refuses to use them whenever we visit my mother-in-law's home. :)
    So there is no way to get our dog up to the first and second floors there. We forgot to get her acquainted with this type of stairs when she was small because we don't have them in our own home.
    On one of our visits, I tried a little experiment myself: I went downstairs, and tried to step over the third stair from the bottom like Patsy claimed she did when seeing the ransom note lying on the third rung from the bottom, and "stepped over" it. I almost lost my balance and had to grab the railing to keep me from falling down! It is pretty difficult to step over spiral stairs.

Patsy's 'ransom note discovery tale' has zero credibility. It gets even more absurd when one takes into account how she continues: she says she then ran up the spiral stairs, screamed for John, John came running down those same spiral stairs, so HE had to step over the note too!

So to sum it up: Patsy goes downstairs, steps over the note, then runs back upstairs, stepping over the note again, then John plus Patsy come running back downstairs. so they both have to step over the note again.
    At one point during the upstairs/downstairs tale, the note suddenly ends up spread out on the floor, and both Patsy and John are very vague as to how it got there, i. e. when exactly John took it from the stairs.
    LE should have had Patsy and John perform their alleged upstairs/downstairs runs. I would have payed money to see that ballet! :D

And it gets even worse: in his interview with Lou Smit, John Ramsey suddenly says Patsy gave him the note when they met upstairs, between the first and second floor (interview excerpt in my next post).
    John thereby contradicts what he told S. Thomas and T. Trujillo one year earlier. As is often the case with liars, they are not able to streamline their various lies into one consistent version. :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Elle, I think most of us could get through our homes in the dark but having spent most of my life in tornado territory and having spent some years in earthquake territory it just always made sense to me to have certain items (i.e. flashlights, bottled water) right at hand. I do have lanterns, candles and additional flashlights throughout the house as well but it would be more convenient to have some light to light the lanterns and candles. Besides which, if you have a natural disaster and end up with a gas leak you really don't want an open flame. :burnedup:

I have to have my sunshine or I would suffer from depression so I understand your daylight lights.

The wiped down light in the Ramsey case only makes sense if it was used by the perp during the commission of the crime. It's not Rocket Science to figure that one out. Don't you wish we could make a laundry list of these types of "What were they thinking?" for the new DA?

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

Upstairs/Downstairs tale

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1998BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm

1998 Interview wth Lou Smit (bolding mine):

Whew! John goes VERY quickly from Patsy handing him the note between the second and first floor to spreading it out on the floor. Which floor? Judging by the interview excerpt, one would almost think John spread it out upstairs!

IIRC, Patsy never said she took the note from the stairs and ran upstairs with it. Nor did John say so in his 1997 interview. He forgot to keep track of his concocted story here.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  4. Elle

Elle Member

Please forward this post to DA Stan Garnett, rashomon. Reading over your post makes me see just how false the spiral stairs scenario was. I'm trying to imagine the new Boulder team questioning John Ramsey about this one. I'm hoping it happens.

I would imagine stepping over any spiral stair would be treacherous. I'm glad you tried it. I would have done the same myself to find out. [​IMG]

Thank you for the above Lou Smit interview. John Ramsey is a liar. No one charges down Spiral stairs, they would break their neck.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Oh my goodess JR. Isn't it time you moved? It's good you are well organized. You would need to be under the above circumstances.

Having my lights on during those gloomy days help me tremendously. Someone just told me recently 1000 mg of Vitamin D would help. I take multi vitamins daily and will need to check the teeny weeny print and find out if I'm already taking it. Manufacturers don't want old Seniors to read the instructions. They just want us to keep on buying their vitamins. [​IMG]

6. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Driver,

Ahhhh, you ask how I keep up with batteries for all my flashlights. Well most of my flashlights are the kind you shake to give light or pull a string several times to "charge" it. All worthwhile since I did have trouble keeping up with them. The new age thingys make so much sense for all emergencies since they are so easy to charge. For the ones that aren't new age thingys I keep plenty of batteries around because they are the same ones for my clocks and assorted other battery powered house hold items. BTW the new age flashlights are down in price so that they are easy to buy esp on Ebay under camping equip. Thanks for asking.

7. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for posting this, zm. Aren't you a smart one! [​IMG] I'll have to take a look for those the next time I'm in the Canadian Tire store. I haven't heard a single cheep from anyone about flashlights like that. I'm a gadget person and I like to hear about new items.

8. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Elle, I am very happy living in my home state but when I lived in Calif. I definitely had winter depression.

Your doctor can test you for a vitamin D deficiency with a simple blood test. I was just retested after 6 months of being on an additional 1,000 units. I thought I had severe arthritis. My doctor stays on top of new studies and decided to test me several months back for a vitamin D deficiency because he was concerned about my aspirin intake . Good thing he did. Turns out it was a severe vitamin D deficiency. I most likely developed it because I worked overnights for so many years. Anyway, I am in the normal zone now and rarely take aspirin these days!

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Spiral stairs are dangerous- I have then in a house I am renting, and won't go near them- neither will my dog!
    But they are a space-saver when it comes to the reasons why they are installed in a house. They take up much less room to install. If you look at a standard staircase from the side, then look at a spiral set of stairs of the same height, the spiral stairs fit in less space. For the Ramsey house, when that huge back addition was put on, the spirals were added at that time. They can come pre-made, as well, and do not require as much labor to install.

10. Elle

Elle Member

So, there are gloomy days in the winter in California, JR? I visited California during the summer years ago. Thanks for bringing the subject up. It was good your doctor tested you for Vitamin D deficiency. I am glad it's working for you. Long may it continue.

Having been told about it recently I was anxious to buy it. My husband bought 1000 mg Vit D for both of us today, so wish us luck! Hopefully I can smile at him more instead of snarling at him and being angry for him bringing me here. [​IMG] I just feel this has been the coldest winter ever.[​IMG]

11. Elle

Elle Member

What a clever dog! I'll take your word for it DeeDee. I won't be ordering any. [​IMG]

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

We can't get our dog to use them either. Dogs have good instincts for potentially dangerous situations, don't they.

This makes me think of the first line of the pop music classic "California Dreaming": "All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray - I went for a walk on a winter day ... ."
    I LOVE that song by the Mamas & the Papas :).
    We have a very cold winter this year in Germany too - it keeps snowing without end. But I suppose German cold winters are nothing compared to Canadian cold winters.
    Our Golden Retriever loves this winter though. This breed likes cold weather and snow and when I see her happily rolling in the snow, it always makes me happy too. :)
    I have a question: can it be dangerous to overdose on vitamin D? I know there are vitamins where excess intake is simply shed by the body, but also others where it is cautioned no take too much, like e. g. vitamin A.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  13. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Sorry, Elle, quote stayed in for DeeDee when I was answering you.

Too much of anything can be bad (or toxic) for you, which is why I am having regular blood work done. There are two types of vitamin D - D2 and D3 and the most common type is made from fish oils (I am allergic) so you may need to do your research.

Here is an article that may be beneficial for those interested in the subject but remember, always check in with your doctor because the Internet isn't the know all/be all of medicine:

Vitamin D: Vital Role in Your Health

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=78080

I buy mine here because it's cheap and carries the type and dosage I need:

http://brothersnutrition.com/

14. Elle

Elle Member

Quote:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">Originally Posted by Elle_1 [​IMG]
    So, there are gloomy days in the winter in California, JR? I visited California during the summer years ago.

</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Elle
    I've heard that song, rashomon. It's a good one. I could almost hear you singing it!:)

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">We have a very cold winter this year in Germany too - it keeps snowing without end. But I suppose German cold winters are nothing compared to Canadian cold winters.
    Our Golden Retriever loves this winter though. This breed likes cold weather and snow and when I see her happily rolling in the snow, it always makes me happy too</td></tr></tbody></table>

Elle:
    I think your German winters are much the same as the winters we had in Scotland rashomon. Nothing like the snow which falls here. Umpteen years ago I used to watch the movies with a handsome Canadian Mounty in his wonderful red jacket singing to his girlfriend, surrounded by snow. I wish I had left it at that. just seeing it on the screen. [​IMG]

P.S, I'm tying myself in knots here editing this.

15. rashomon

rashomon Member

:cold:
    I think Canada is one of those countries which has always had an incredible appeal and attraction, and still has. Here in Germany, we currently have a lot of these TV real life series which show families emigrating to other countries, and Canada is among the countries most frequently chosen. These people are often well established here in Germany, but still have chosen to leave everything behind: their friends, nice houses, their jobs. The TV team accompanies them during their first steps establishing themselves in Canada, and one sees the many dificulties they have to face in a foreign country, but still most stay enthusiastic about Canada, despite the shivering cold weather :cold:, saying nothing would bring them back to Germany, where everything is so 'regulated'.
    The Canadian autumn must be incredibly beautiful though. A colleague of mine who visited Canada said there are no words to describe the the symphony in all shades of red and gold presented by those marvelous autumn leaves - I read somewhere that the autumn tourists are also jokingly called called "leaf peepers". :leaf:
    Oh, Elle, I can see you my mind's eye, sitting there as a young woman watching that movie, smitten by the handsome Canadian mounty. :)
    Aah, those movies!! I have always been a huge movie fan and have been immensely influenced by them in my susceptible teenage years.
    For example,when watching "East of Eden" on TV as a seventeen-year-old, I liked Julie Harris and decided I wanted to look like her. I wore my hair parted in the middle as was the look back in the late sixties, but found it a bit boring. When the movie was over, on impulse, I took a mirror and a pair of scissors and snip snip, cut myself Julie-Harris-like bangs. I liked the look so much that I kept wearing bangs in all variatons for decades to come.
    But I'm rambling here. I always have to rein myself in when it comes to movie talk. :pop:
    Now I'll get back from the handsome Mounty and handsome James Dean to John Ramsey. Quite a change. ;)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  16. rashomon

rashomon Member

The piece of tape

Lou Smit interview June 24/98 (bolding mine)
    [0291]

17 JOHN RAMSEY: Well it's just it wasn't
    18 a tape that looked familiar to me, or it looked
    19 like it wasn't torn, it was cut perfectly,
    20 literally, that it fit her mouth.
    It was black, it
    21 wider than electrical tape, but not as wide as
    22 duct tape. I mean I know what duct tape is; it
    23 wasn't duct tape.
    (end quote)

Hmm - interesting that John, in the frantic despair of seeing his dead child lying there, was able to assess that the tape was "cut perfectly, literally, that it fit her mouth". Imo is only small step to conclude John also knew who cut it.

A piece of tape just the size to fit the mouth - classic example of a stage prop.

John says it wasn't duct tape. But I thought it was duct tape?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  17. WVSleuth

WVSleuth Member

The tape was manufactured right in Jams' back yard, no?

18. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

The specific type of tape really doesn't matter that much. The thing that matters is that the EXACT tape was sold at two stores in Boulder- the Army-Navy store and McGuckin's Hardware, where, as we all know, a purchase was made by a Ramsey for the exact dollar amount of the tape and cord, from the exact department where these items are sold.

19. rashomon

rashomon Member

I recall a 2.99 purchase matching the price of the cord sold there and don't remember about the tape, but then it has been a while since I read the JBR case books. Do you happen to have the source re the tape purchase?

If it was freshly bought tape, then it would exclude the theory by which the Ramseys may have pulled a piece of old tape off an object in their home (i. e. picture frames).
    It would also exclude them having pulled off tape from the package of a doll as has been theorized on the JBR forums too.
    On another forum, somone said the black tape was so-called gaffer's tape which was easier to pull off than gooey gray duct tape.
    If that was the case, then the alleged intruder didn't even know to bring suitable tape. For who would use a tape to silence a victim which could easily be pulled off, and in addition, only put a small piece on to fit the mouth? So there is another element which just screams staging once more.

20. Elle

Elle Member

I have also included the pages relating to the broken window.

elle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice