The Ramsey's own words

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, May 22, 2006.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Thank you, Elle. It is always helpful to re-read the details.

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

I'm going through Lou Smit's intervew with John and it is just appalling how JR tries to throw both Fleet and Priscila White under the bus as supects.
    I have a question: did the Whites have a key to the Ramsey home? For if yes, it would mesh with the Ramseys' callous attempts to throw these people to the wolves in the first place (their "inside job" version).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I have read that the Rs said that many people had keys to their house. But I have also read that it wasn't as many as they suggested. Makes me wonder why JR needed to strip to his underwear (except shoes) and then break and climb through a basement window when he was locked out. Good friends the Barnhills lived right across the street, supposedly they had key, too. If so many people had keys, why not call one of them?

4. AMES

AMES Member

Excellent point.

5. rashomon

rashomon Member

No doubt this raises another huge red flag. The Ramseys were familiar enough e.g. with the Barnhills to more or less leave their dog Jacques in their permanent care, but John did not think of calling them when he locked himself out? Give me a break!
    There probably is no one here posting on the board who hasn't had the experience of having been locked out at some time time in their lives. In that situation, the first thought which comes to mind is "WHO ELSE HAS A KEY TO MY HOME so I can call them for help?"
    And if these people live right across the street, not calling them is just plain absurd.
    Has John ever been asked by any of the interviewers WHY he didn't call the neighbors? It being shortly before midnight and him not wanting to disturb them would be a lame excuse imo. For in such situations, neighbors are mostly very empathetic and understanding.

6. Elle

Elle Member

There would have been no broken window excuse if John had crossed the street for a spare key.

7. AMES

AMES Member

True! And I do not believe for one skinny second that John climbed through that window, without his pants.... (perish the thought...)...but he left his shoes on, sooooo...how did he get his pants off over his shoes. Were they elephant ear pants, like the kind they wore on the Brady Bunch?

8. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

I think

I think JR was asked why he didn't go to the Barnhill's and he said something like it was late and he didn't want to disturb them. Thats sort of what I remember but I'm not positively sure.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Texan, this rings a bell. It could have happened this way. So long ago and so much to remember, and we keep going around on this Ramsey Carousel, jumping off and coming across all we have discussed years before. Round-and-round-we-go, but we will keep on turning, won't we, until the truth comes out?

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

From what I recall - yes.

11. WVSleuth

WVSleuth Member

I thought so..

Okay! That's it. Search her house for the tip of that paint brush!

Seriously now, someone please re-post the Chia Jams. Great when you really need a laugh!

12. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Hello WVSleuth

Good morning, WVSleuth. I don't believe I've seen you before. I love your name. What does the WV stand for? And, yes, the Chia Jams was funny. I, too, wish someone would repost it.
    Anyway, WVS, welcome to the Forum.
    gl

13. WVSleuth

WVSleuth Member

Hi Greenleaf.. Love your stuff!
    WV = West Virginia

14. WVSleuth

WVSleuth Member

I found her!

Attached Files:

15. WVSleuth

WVSleuth Member

My hat is off to whomever came up with this. Hilarious!! So funny!

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

One of the (very few!) astute questions Smit asked John:
    But then Smit allows JR to talk himself out of it:

Well, it is pitch-dark outside at 6 a.m. in December.
    The light was good? Where exactly was John standing when Patsy handed him the note? For in the Smit interview, John says she had the note in her hand when running upstairs and they met between the second and first floor. According to Patsy, there were just a few sconces dimly lighting the staircase.
    And then we are to believe John went down to the first floor (still wearing no glasses!), and spread out the note on the floor (now with the ceiling light on) in order to to able to read it better that way?
    The opposite is the case: for when one crouches down on the floor to read something spread out there, with the ceiling light on, the shadow of one's head will actually prevent a better view. That's a little experiment everyone can try out easily. :D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  17. AMES

AMES Member

John is so full of B.S.

1 JOHN RAMSEY: It was fairly large print,

Not only was it NOT in fairly large print, but it look like chicken scratch...like someone with shaky hands (someone nervous and trying to save their own skin) wrote it. Why in the heck did he do all that he said that he did...to read the darn thing (tried to find the best light, spread it all out on the floor, crouch down on all fours...) when putting on his glasses would have been OH so much easier.

18. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks..now I have that song...CHA, CHA, CHA, Chia.....from the commercial stuck in my head. :doh:

19. WVSleuth

WVSleuth Member

Chia head or chithead? :)

20. WVSleuth

WVSleuth Member

A little rough, but worth the effort...

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice