Yana Huss Murder Case and Memorial Fund

Discussion in 'Yana Huss' started by ACandyRose, Aug 8, 2007.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Can I scream?!

Scott sure knows how to play the system and instead of the trial starting within weeks, it has now been put off until SEPTEMBER 18, 2009!

:burnedup:

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I don't suppose there's any chance there is a JUDGE WITH BALLS (metaphorically speaking, of course) involved in this case anywhere along the way, is there? :banghead:

3. RiverRat

Cry, cry, cry....

Apparently not, KK. I best shut my mouth now and just pray even harder for Elena. I will never forget your help, you really stirred the SA Office up for me!

:cand:

4. koldkase

It was the least I could do. You did the hard part. :cand:

5. RiverRat

It's Time

And here we finally are, Heaven forbid any further Continuances!!!

6. koldkase

Keep us covered, Rat! Tell the DA if he needs any help, call me!

7. RiverRat

False Alarm Again!

Insert normal rant about the Trial now set for JANUARY 11, 2010.

8. koldkase

Not to worry, Rat. He's still locked up and he is still going to pay for what he did. We never know where the path is going in life, but his...he won't like it. :devil:

9. RiverRat

Thanks, KK - it just really takes it out of ya when you start preparing yourself emotionally and then to be told to forget it for now at the last minute. How Yana's family must be feeling if it is bothering me this much.

10. koldkase

I can only imagine, Rat. Bless all of you for going through this for Yanna and her children. This is how defense attorneys work, though, as we see time and again. Try to take comfort in the thought that when they can do nothing else for their killer client, they delay, delay, delay. They know he's history.

11. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Well RR....

I don't have to tell you what an imperfect justice system we have. With your advocacy involvement in this very system, you probably know it better that any of us.

At this point with Scott's case, all we can hope for is that EVENTUALLY there will be justice. So sorry for Yanna's family and for those of you who have participated in this case that you have been so frustrated in waiting this long to see the final ax fall. But how sweet the victory will be when it finally does come!

And just think of those lovely children living a good life with their grandmother and having a normal childhood while their violent father rots in prison with only the anticipation of the pronoucement of his ultimate punishment to keep him company! That has to be a miserable punishment in itself....

Please take comfort in those thoughts while you wait RR....I know you will be there to see Scott's face when the judge finally gives him what he deserves.

Voyager

12. RiverRat

My Ladies always have the right words...Thank You. I accept it - now and will deal with it in January as for whatever reason, the timing was not right.

:violin:

13. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

WTF !!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Reading that made me want to scream about our flawed justice system and immoral defense attorneys once again! I hate what the system has become - a sickening chess game where defense lawyers no longer try to make sure their client gets a fair trial, but where they try every trick in the book to scuttle justice and make sure their client goes free, no matter how guilty they are. The continuing delays are just one more trick, and I'm so tired of this ploy being used over and over again, and not just in this case.

Most defense attorneys are only out to boost their egos, their reputation for winning and their bank account. They couldn't care less about justice. They'd rather set a murderer, child molester or rapist free, knowing full well they are guilty, than see justice done.

And there's MY rant. :mad:

Now, I will wait with the rest of you until January. May Scott rot some more in his jail cell.

15. RiverRat

Took the words right out of my mouth....:violin:

Something was mumbled to me that it had something to do with The Judge this time....like what?! This has been on the Docket forever and someone didn't leave enough time scheduled?! What Now?! No media reports - Nothing. Who IS Yana Huss yet again...Yana Was Right. Too Right. !ouch:

16. RiverRat

Thank You. :heart: Your company while waiting is a comfort....plus - you and the others can rant better than I am allowed...BTW - did you save your Opinion of Scott's "Manifesto" or do I need to go digging around?

17. Cherokee

I've sent it in a PM to save you the time. :)

18. RiverRat

Bless You...I know that you feel this case in your heart...I just know it.

19. Cherokee

Yes, I do. It is painful for me to know what Yana suffered and what her children have lost. They came from half a world away with hope for a new life, only to have that life viciously taken from them and forever changed by a murdering, vicious, sociopath whose only thought is for himself. Thinking about Scott makes my blood boil. He planned everything to get away with Yana's murder, and it scares me that he might succeed.

20. koldkase

No, Chero, Scott is NOT going to get away with what he did. NEVER. No matter what kind of backroom politics is going on, I'd bet the farm that neither the judge nor Scott's own lawyers want him out in the general population again. They know a stone-cold killer when they see one, and they know how close he came to murdering a child, as well.

All they're doing is what has been said already: playing legal chess. His lawyers are trying to get the death penalty off the table. The judge is trying to keep from getting the verdict overturned on appeal. That's the game they're playing now. They may even be using other cases to barter with this one.

We have some hard facts to face in this country: we have more criminals than jails and prisons, more cases than courts and judges. The death penalty is nothing more than a symbol now. Few die from it. It's so expensive and time-consuming to process, it's hardly worth it anymore. If our parole boards weren't letting violent criminals out to prey on the public so often now, we probably wouldn't even have the DP anymore.

But Scott is a murderous predator, and he's going down. Hard. One way or another. The evidence is irrefutable. No one wants him out murdering again, other than his psycho mother. He would murder again, IMO, because he is no doubt a true-blood psychopath. What judge or lawyer wants that on his resume?

I pray for the family of Yana, for her children. I hope their lives are full of all the wonderful things Yana's family and Russia can offer. I hope they return to the U.S. one day knowing that Scott is living in the hell of his own making, and that justice was done for Yana.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice