McCann Case Still Unsolved?

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by koldkase, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...sing_Girl_Might_Look_After_2007_Disappearance

"Unveiled on Oprah Winfrey's live chat show in the United States, the image depicts the child at six years of age.

The expert, at the United States National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children, used pictures of the parents at around the same age to produce the "age progression image".

It shows a smiling Madeleine, wearing a pink head-band in her fair shoulder-length hair.

It is published on posters alongside an old photograph of Madeleine, for comparison, under the headings Have You Seen This Little Girl? and Don't Give Up On Me.

Mr Mitchell said: "It was difficult for Kate to see the image at first, but over time she has got used to it and both Kate and Gerry believe it's the best image possible of what Madeleine may look like now."

2. RiverRat

Fyi

Just caught the commercial and it's today that the McCann's will appear on Oprah.

3. Elle

Elle Member

I posted that information on 3rd May just 8 seconds after midnight. :-( Let's put it this way. It was the 3rd May when I started. :)

May 4, 2009, 12:08 am, Mon May 4 0:08:11 CDT 2009

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Cost of an interview with Gonc. Amaral:-

http://blogs.news.sky.com/lifeofcrime

80,000 euros!

That's $106,575.99US folks!

This man is making a packet out of claiming that Madeleine is dead and that her parents were involved. I find this somewhat disturbing. Somehow it's different from a murder case where you know the victim is dead and the debate is about who did it. However, we're talking about a child who could still be alive and rescuable. If this man is making a packet out of touting his theory that she is dead, is it in his interests to have her turn up alive?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  5. RiverRat

Okay....I usually only try to be the first to post info against Candy, so this one was a fluke.

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

The evidence obviously led Amaral to believe Madeleine is no longer alive. He may be wrong, but if he is so convinced of it, he can't at the same time say he hopes she is still alive.

Just curious for comparison purposes: How much do the McCanns charge per interview? Any ideas as to how much they got e. g. for their appearance on Oprah?

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Oprah doesn't pay for interviews per se, just the flight and hotel.

Why couldn't he still hope? I can't imagine what the McCanns must feel like as parents continually listening to someone say your child is dead. It seems he could just not express an opinion either way.

8. Jayelles

Moab is correct. They didn't get paid anything for their interview. Neither them nor the Fund. The publicity for the search was all they wanted.

9. RiverRat

That is true! My friend was on that show and there wasn't any money put in her pocket and she wouldn't have taken it anyhow since she was also there to get her message out.

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, come on now, even if you THINK the McCanns are murdering parents, how can you possibly not HOPE you're wrong when the child is not even KNOWN to be dead nor declared dead by legal means?

That's just sick!

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

Have you seen Amaral's documentary?

12. Jayelles

I doubt it will be shown in the UK or in the US because I think both countries have similar libel laws.

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Is it anything like Tracey's crockumentary on the Ramsey case?

14. Jayelles

15. Little

Little Member

You can judge for yourself. I just posted the links to it.

Little

16. Little

Little Member

Stranger may hold key to Madeleine McCann’s disappearance, says ex-RUC man

Thursday, 7 May 2009

A former RUC man believes five separate sightings of a suspicious man could hold the key to solving the mystery of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

Three witnesses saw an odd stranger looking at her family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, before Madeleine went missing more than two years ago.

Now Dave Edgar and his colleague, former Merseyside policeman Arthur Cowley, have put these previously-unreported accounts together with two better-known sightings of a man carrying a child away from the flat on the night she vanished.

Their theory, revealed in a new documentary to be broadcast on Channel 4 tonight, is that someone was watching the McCanns’ apartment for up to a week before the little girl disappeared.

Kate McCann also speaks in the programme of her belief that the chances of finding Madeleine are now higher.

She says: “I think we’ve achieved a lot in the last few weeks, so we’re really hoping that somebody who’s been sitting there knowing something will suddenly feel the courage and compassion to come forward.”

The two retired UK police officers have been employed by the McCanns to continue the search.They have scoured thousands of pages from the official Portuguese case files, which were made public last July, looking for clues.

Read entire article here:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/l....n-14292895.html

17. Little

Little Member

The scar-faced prowler seen at madeleine flat

THE SCAR-FACED PROWLER SEEN AT MADELEINE FLAT

Thursday May 7 2009
    by David Pilditch

SHOWN in a chilling artist’s impression, this is the face of the new prime suspect in the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann.

The scar-faced stranger was spotted watching the holiday apartment where Madeleine was snatched two years ago.

The man was seen on five separate occasions by four witnesses in the days leading up to the little girl’s abduction.

One British holidaymaker was so scared by the figure she grabbed her own young daughter and protectively pulled her away from him.

The prowler – believed to be in his late 20s or early 30s – was described by one witness as being “very ugly, with pitted skin and a large nose”.

All four witnesses told police the man was monitoring the apartment where Madeleine was staying with her family in the Portuguese Algarve holiday resort of Praia da Luz.

The man – who was spotted with a white van – vanished after Madeleine disappeared and has never been traced.

The witnesses each reported the sightings to Portuguese detectives but astonishingly they were never linked despite the startling similarities.

Instead their statements were buried away in 17 volumes of police files which were archived after the case was formally closed.

Yesterday a team of British detectives working for Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry, issued the artist’s impression of the acne-scarred suspect for the first time. The man is described as 5ft 10ins tall and slim-built.

Sources close to the investigation told yesterday how the evidence found in the police files has given Madeleine’s parents fresh hope of a vital breakthrough.

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar, who is leading the investigation, believes the sightings could hold the key to solving the mystery of Madeleine’s disappearance.

read entire article here:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/99518/-Ugly-man-is-new-Madeleine-suspect

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for posting these articles, Little!

Sketch of man from last article:

Attached Files:

19. Elle

Elle Member

Why has it taken the newspapers so long to latch on to this story, Little?
    We could have done with hearing something like this two years ago.

Oh good grief! What a face! He gives me the creeps![​IMG]

20. Little

Little Member

First of all I sure hope this is for real. My gosh that person wouldn't be difficult to pick out of a lineup. On the other hand, it gives me a sinking feeling, not that it would be any better if this was some good looking stalker.

It does seem very strange that this is just coming out now. With the intense media coverage you would think someone would have picked up this tip before. With the private investigators the McCanns had it's very odd that they never picked up on this too. The initial description Tanner gave, in great detail, she didn't mention that he had a very "distinguishable" profile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice