McCann Case Still Unsolved?

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by koldkase, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elle

Elle Member

Little,

Nana just confirmed this for me about the police files being investigated at the actual time of happening. As you know we all stopped posting on the Madeleine McCann case for a spell and I wasn't involved with it any more. Nana has never stopped researching this case and is very well informed about it and is in touch with researchers in Portugal.

As for Jane Tanner, we all have to look at every angle, with one of them being "The Tapas Nine." They were all friends sitting at the same table, all doing the same thing, checking up on their children. Friends normally rally round friends. I'll leave it at that!

When I heard Gerry McCann telling Oprah they had used the "listening service" I wondered how I had missed reading about the listening monitor (?). However, his listening service just consisted of a personal checking and listening. This was their listening service.

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

Ella and Little: Nana is a top notch McCann case researcher indeed. My hat is off to her for the all the research work she has done and keeps doing.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Regardless of what Nana says, some of the people who reported it were interviewed for the documentary and they have said that there was no follow up. That is a primary source.

Actually, they weren't all close friends. Some of them had only met recently. I personally wouldn't agree to cover up an unlawful killing and cover-up for smeone I'd only know a week.

Well we can bash them for leaving the kids till Kingdom comes, but it won't further the investigation and it certainly won't help find Madeleine.

For Madeleine:-

:cand:

4. Jayelles

And where might one find this top notch research? Does Nana have a website?

5. Elle

Elle Member

No one is bashing anyone here! I am stating what I think hotels should do to stop "tourists in general" from leaving their children alone in hotel rooms. It should not be allowed.

6. Elle

Elle Member

No, Nana doesn't have a web site. She doesn't need one. She doesn't post at FFJ at all. Disillusioned by her first experience posting here. We are in touch with Nana by personal e-mail, and I was just making conversation with Little.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
  7. Elle

Elle Member

You can say that again, rashomon! One of the best! Into the bargain, she is a very nice person!

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I never did understand why she left, but I am sure she is a nice person, although I am sorry she doesn't have a web site complete with all her research. I would love to read all of what she and others have to say. I was right in the middle of trying to read up on the case and all of the vast information collected at WS when the McCann forum was taken down. I have visited the 3A forum, but I don't think what I am looking for is there.

If you have any siggestions Elle of where I could read more, I would surely appreciate the information.

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I don't think Jay was referring to you Elle, and I quite agree with both of you. It won't help to dwell on the parents poor decision to leave their children alone, (which was a lot of what was going on over at WS), and I also think hotels should require that children (up to a certain age) not be left alone. Hindsight is 20/20 though isn't it? Even Kate and Gerry agree they would never do it again, and regardless of what happened, that is a sorrow they will carry with them for the rest of their lives.

10. Little

Little Member

You can add me to Nana's fan club. She is absolutely one of the nicest people I've ever met and is an incredible, very valid researcher. I have a tremendous amount of respect for her and the work she has done.

Little

11. Elle

Elle Member

I just wanted to confirm I wasn't bashing the McCanns Moab. Yes it is a sorrow the McCanns will carry, and I am truly sorry they are without their little girl today. I honestly think holiday makers just cannot relax in the same way they used to, not in today's world!

12. Elle

Elle Member

I'll send you a pm Moab.

13. Jayelles

Yes that is very well said Moab. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by dwelling on it.

I was reading a police website last week and there was a FAQ page. One of the questions on it was "At what age can children be left alone" and the answer was that there is no legal stipulation in the UK and that it is something which parents must take a judgement call on.

It's a grey area of law and it covers babysitting as well. As a teacher, I know there are 12 year olds who are extremely responsible and sensible and 17 year olds who are not so it would (IMO) be wrong for them to be protected or restricted by the law.

14. Jayelles

If she has done a huge amount of work which is being described as top notch, then it's a pity it cannot be shared other than by pm.

15. Jayelles

Can we stop this right now? These constant jibes about disageements which happened in the past do nothing for the forum. God knows I have tried damned hard to patch things up but there's only so much one can do. I give up. :banghead:

FTR, Nana chided me in her very first post here and I let it go. However, she later tried tried to stir up trouble between KK & I. Why would anybody do that? Please don't let us pretend she behaved like a saint here.

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I can't remember what the law is here, 10 or 12, I think. Does anyone know?

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I agree. We all have to realize that some cases are more personal to some posters than others, and in lieu of that fact, they sometimes take some cases more personally. I was that way with the Smart case, but we need to learn to set our differences aside for the greater good of the discussion.

I really don't want a whole lot of talk about personal conversations and such. This is a public forum and I would like the entire discussion to remain public and include everyone. Constant references to non-members and personal conversations will do nothing except hurt the feelings of those not included, at which point I will have to close the forum.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  18. Little

Little Member

And the smarmy sarcasm directed at someone who was gracious enough to write a letter of praise about FFJ, a letter that Tricia posted because it praised FFJ, and then that person gets creamed for nothing more than providing information about the McCann case, doesn't enhance things either. Someone who had an enormous wealth of information to offer that would not have otherwise been available unless anyone else here has the ability to translate Portuguese or has contacts with the actual players.

Honestly, God forbid that anyone not sing the praises of the McCanns, anyone who has legitimate questions regarding this case, who wants to learn all the details and perhaps, just perhaps care more about little Madeleine, the true victim of this crime, than worry about getting snuffed for their questions about the circumstances of what happened that night.

This has gotten way too personal IMO. If one wants to attack the message that's one thing, but to attack the messenger is over the line. Especially when the messenger has done nothing but offer friendship without any strings attached.

Don't mention other people? That's what half the JonBenet forum is so you're kidding, right? It's not as if the person mentioned isn't, or at least wasn't, a member here.

I suppose I've been chewing on this bone long enough. I hate seeing truly good people belittled, especially in a place where truth seeking is supposed to be the gold standard.

Perhaps this particular thread should come with a warning that anyone whose first language is not English but has the ability to actually read and comprehend information in a language other than English, and God forbid offer a different view, and God forbid "from another country!!! (yikes!! ewww!!) should just stop right here and move along.

One sided discussions are sort of like only being able to make right turns - it doesn't take you anywhere interesting.

I'm outa here. I've never been one to be told to follow along and not question. It's not always made me friends, but it's always allowed me to sleep well at night.

Ciao

19. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I am locking this thread until I can have some off-line conversations. I am truly sorry what I said was misconstrued.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice