Calling All Dog Lovers

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Jun 26, 2009.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Voyager--if you look closely at that video you'll see that the water the dogs hurled themselves into is black! This black water is the result of tons of decomposing leaves from the tree surrounding the creek--and it really, really stinks. Most of that creek is pristine clear water but the dogs naturally found one of the few stagnant areas with the stinky water. The ride home with four extremely stinky dogs was quite memorable

2. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Bob, I love you and I want to come be your dog.

I am just enough off-kilter to know that I would fit in perfectly.

So glad to find this thread.

3. BobC

COME ON DOWN!!!:aprop:

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

BobC,

You are so kind. Thank you for even suggesting I post pictures of my little darling in heaven. However she hated to have her picture taken. She would physically turn around so all you could see was her backside. I couldn't creep up on her and get a candid shot....ever. One of the things I think that made her that way was indoors I'd use the flash and it had a very high pitch sound vibration to it and she would hunker down in reaction to it. So I couldn't sneak up on her indoors at all. She was a small Terrier mutt, grey.

I'm just not ready for another dog right now as I'm still upset over Dinky. She meant the world to me and it was so hard to have to put her down.

I have thought that perhaps my next dog would be a Greyhound rescue. I sort of had loving feelings toward them recently when we had a "doggie day in the park" and the rescue group was thee with 4 of them. They are big but oh so beautiful and they are couch potatoes just like me. But I'm still not ready yet.

5. BobC

I understand. I can't believe your dog's name was Dinky--my 23 YO Beagle that I had to put to sleep in the 90's name was Dincus (I didn't name him) and his nickname was Dinky or Dinkerdoodles.

I know you're not over Dinky but you are obviously such a dog person that it would be a shame that there are homeless dogs out there waiting. I hope you consider making the plunge again. I mean that sincerely. You are not replacing your friend--you're making a new one who really needs you.

Noodles is part Greyhound. They are very endearing doggies.

6. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Zoo, I am STILL not over Gunny, my schnauzer boy, and I doubt that I will ever be. However, having the wild and ditzy Annabel around is good for lots of company and fun times. She is the direct opposite of him.. he was such a gentleman, and she is sooooooooooooooooooooo naughty. I tell her she was raised by wolves. She wants me to tell everyone that she most certainly IS perfectly housebroken and she does not tear up stuff... well, unless you want to count my hardwood floors and all of the tables that she gets up on and has scratched. I finally moved one of my antique tables out of my library and now there is NO table by one of the chairs. But at least she no longer uses it as a lookout tower for the window beside it! She is currently enrolled in Charm School, and is trying her best.

I will NEVER have another dog that touched my heart like Gunner, even though I ridiculously love ALL of my dogs. Maybe it was him tolerating those shots in his neck twice a day for two years, all the time keeping his sweet nature. I don't know....maybe because he was with me during my grieving time for my family... who knows? I just know that I need a little furball to love and I love rescuing those who need lots of love and lap time. When I finish teaching school I will probably get a playmate for Annabel. Lord knows she needs someone to chase her other than me!

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Okay Thor what did Ginger graduate from? Dog obedience school? lol

Your fur babies are darling.

We just have one dog, Molly, a mixed breed of some kind. She is a pound puppy so not sure what exactly she is.

8. BobC

Post a pic, Show Me! I love mutts! Most of mine are mutts!

9. Thor

Thor Active Member

Show, it was puppy kindergarten class through Pet Smart. Both she and Zip went to puppy kindergarten for socialization/etc.

10. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Will try BobC....had two PCs crash within 9 months of each other and lost a lot of stuff.

Dog Kindergarten? My fur baby should have gone to Dog Kindergarten Thor...she's a bit of a juvenile deliquent.

But she is the terror of squirrels and birds everywhere...furocious!

11. BobC

By the way guys--I am very proud this week! My new game Ghostbusters is number one all across the world right now! I was the Lead Environment guy for a couple of years on the project

12. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

That's wonderful news, Bob! What does it mean that you were the Lead Environment guy? Are you talking about actual graphics or what? Please explain. Also, is this more of an adult game (ie extra challenging)? What ages/skills are targeted?

13. BobC

Well it means that if a game takes place, say, in Times Square, I have to build the area in 3D and lead the other guys who are working on it. I left that company in 2007, but the game is just now coming out. Here is a link to some of my early work on the game:

http://bobcooksey.net/enviroment.htm

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Bob

First, congrats on the Ghostbusters game. I went to your site and I have to tell you what a talented guy you are. I am one of those people who has difficulty drawing a straight line...with a ruler! :bowdown:

Second, I will be changing all my prayers to BEG to be reincarnated (if there is such a thing) as any one of your dogs! I am blond, so I'm thinking golden retriever; or maybe a greyhound :)

15. BobC

Hee hee thanks!

16. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Bob

I am not going to tell you how incredibly talented you are and all of that other stuff.

Instead, I just want to proclaim that I am oh so cool because I am on the same forum with you.

And I definitely am your dog. Done deal.

17. BobC

Thanks--but seriously I'm just a stupid video game artist. I'm not curing cancer or anything!

18. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

It's just a different calling and innate talent; doesn't minimize the talent needed to do what you do

I'm sure cancer researchers couldn't do what you do any more than you could do what they do.

I'm not comparing you to God or anything :)......okay well maybe I am, but for me, as someone who has ZERO artistic capability, I am always in total awe of those who can draw, paint, sculpt, etc....

Anyway, your love and dedication to the pups is what really makes you a God :winko:

P.S. I have to tell you, I am soooo blonde that after all these years of either not paying close enough attention, or just plain forgetting, I didn't even realize you were such a fancy shmancy person, so I too, am now officially "cool"

19. Elle

Elle Member

Congratulations Bob! I've seen your other examples of other games you posted a long time ago. Great to hear Ghosbusters is #1. Your art work is incredible! What an achievement!

20. Karen

Karen Member

Nope but just the same you must remember there are many cancer patients who are bedridden and find some pleasure in playing video games which you helped create. You are one of the good guys, like it or not. Congrats on Ghostbusters!!! :yay:

How is OTIS feeling?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice