Has John Ramsey remarried?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Dec 7, 2009.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Here's an article where Ramsey gave a "speech" in 2008 at the U of Alabama. I can't imagine why on earth they'd bring him in, if not for someone like Beth setting it up, but who knows?

I will say that I will never understand John saying he "felt better" when he found JonBenet's body. He repeats that here, and IMO, either he's lying because he thinks it sounds right, or he did "feel better" because he was so worried that LE hadn't found her body when they were supposed to find it, and John had a huge problem: how to get that body found and soon.

AND NOTICE HOW THAT OLD INTRUDER WHO KILLED JONBENET DOESN'T EVEN GET A MENTION IN THE ARTICLE, MUCH LESS A PLEA FOR HELP FINDING HIM.

http://www.cw.ua.edu/2.4657/john-ramsey-speaks-about-late-daughter-1.453151

2. Karen

Karen Member

Thank you kk for the information. If I had to make a guess I'd say he IS married. There are certain men, and I'm sure you know the type I'm writing of, that only feel whole and grounded and normal when they are married. They are just the "typical married guy" we see everywhere. I have JR in that catagory. Comfortable life with some money, pretty doting wife,(southern I'm sure) healthy, happy, productive, professional, college educated children and grandchildren. That's how I see Ramseys life these days. Nobodys harrassing him or printing anything about the murder mystery and heck ,who would since the DA said he didn't do it? He's got a Get Out Of Jail Free card now. So he goes around speaking about it, forever the victim. I'll tell you one thing, I would have loved to have been there for the question and answer segment!

I think Beth Holloway is with the same Victim organization and that's how they met. I know she does speaking engagements also. I don't think that's who he married though. Can anybody come up with any other ways we could find out? I thought about emailing Ryan Ross the author of the article to ask him where he got the info and if he has any more but I haven't done it yet. Do you guys think it's a good idea? He might know who JR married, IF he's married.

3. Karen

Karen Member

Oh you know I loves me a little kerfuffle every now and again!:D

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

The last information available in 2009 was that John was living in Little Rock, AR.. The update posted at the crimemagazine link was made in 2008. After that update, John sold his Michigan home (in Charlevoix) and moved to Little Rock.

It would seem somewhat incredible that John Ramsey could remarry with no mention of it in the press or media, especially since his romance with Beth Twitty made headlines everywhere.

I wonder if the update should have said he was "unmarried" not "remarried."

5. Elle

Elle Member

Why not Karen, you have taken it this far. :) I think Ryan Ross sounds as if he's approachable. Don't you!? Go for it! You don't need anyone else to make up your mind!

6. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Ryan Ross is very approachable in my experience.

7. Karen

Karen Member

Ok, I sent him an email tonight. I hope that is still a good email address since the information on this Jonbenet article originated in 2003. The email didn't bounce back so I assume he'll get it. There was a update in 2008 so I'm hoping he will still get the email. I'll post his answer if I hear back from him of course.

8. koldkase

Thanks, Karen. We appreciate your efforts.

9. Karen

Karen Member

I recieved an answer today from Ryan Ross.

Quote: "I haven't kept track of him, but you should be able to find what you need with some googling."

Yeah, a one line response. That's it. I did some googling and found nothing. I don't know if Mr Ross just doesn't know or if he doesn't want to say but anyway, I got nothin'.

( Maybe it's wrong information and he doesn't want to have to defend it so I was dismissed?)

Sorry guys.

10. Elle

Elle Member

This surprises me, Karen. At least you tried.

11. koldkase

You're not going to let him off the hook that easily, are you?

I'd be firing an email right back at him, saying you and many others have googled, binged, searched, and nothing, nada, zilch.

I'd be asking him if he actually has a credible source.

I'd be drawing me cutlass and calling him a scurvy dog....

But that's me. PYRATE! :pirate:

12. Learnin

Learnin Member

Interesting quote, kk. I find it a little shocking, too. If I had a daughter kidnapped, and the kidnapper made contact with me in a letter (even though a strange one at that), I would be a basket case but I would still be HOPING I could get her back.

You know, HOPE is really the only thing we people have in life. It's what makes this life bearable. We HOPE the new year will be safe and without tragedy. Since we're not certain about anything but death, HOPE means so much to us human beings. Religion is based upon HOPE.

So, I am shocked JR says that, when JBR turned up missing, this was the worst moment of his life. HE STILL HAD HOPE, did he not? The worst thing, for any human being in this situation, is when the body is found BECAUSE THAT REMOVES ALL HOPE! I could understand it if JBR was missing for a year because discovering the body might bring some closure.

But, as you mentioned, Ramsey's statement only makes sense if he knew the body was there to be found...if he knew that his daughter was already dead. "Discovering" the body, then, would bring a certain amount of relief. And getting out of town might bring even a little more, if you know what I mean.

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

That's what I feel too Learnin.....The worst moment of my life would be finding my daughter dead....kidnapped you still have a chance to get your child back and do have nothing but HOPE to see them safe and in your arms.

KK is right... John felt better that he found JonBenet and not the LE who wanted to bring in cadaver dogs! John didn't want the LE to search the house and find his daughter dead...especially the FBI....a family member would be the logical suspect(s).

14. koldkase

I have a different thought about John's relief at "finding" the body, Show Me.

I think they staged the body FOR LE to find. Then they called LE, thinking in the panic and with their friends there to help them "get away" in their "grief" they'd be out of the house and on the plane in no time.

Maybe they even wanted Fleet or Fernie to find the body.

But then NOBODY found her. And there they sat, tic toc tic toc. They got Burke out of the house, but the big kids were on their way. Then the question they must have been tortured by is WHO will eventually find her, AND WHEN? I'm sure they knew bodies decompose from death, which is why we use embalming, after all. So once LE and their friends had stopped searching, waiting on the "kidnap call," they must have been in pure hell.

Then Arndt made her colossal blunder. John raced to the basement and led White to the body. But John didn't want to "undo" all the staging, after all, so he only removed ONE wrist binding and didn't even bother with the "thing" on her neck.

I ask you, why would John, who claimed he was so happy to "find" JonBenet, take off the duct tape and a wrist tie because, as he put it, he couldn't stand to see that on her, but leave the thing around her neck which was strangling her, if he actually thought she was possibly still alive?

I think he was doing all he could to appear to think she might still be alive. That's why he carried her upstairs, in spite of her obvious rigor and death. It makes no sense that he found his murdered child in the basement, dead and stiff, and brought her body upstairs, into a group of people, as if she were a My Twin Doll. I can think of a dozen things that would make sense at that point, but what he did was altogether inexplicable, unless I put it in the context of a parent who had a singular purpose: staging an intruder murder. So bringing her upstairs at that point was Act 2, IMO: Get It Done and Get Out of Town.

But that's just my reasoning.

15. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Your reasoning is awesome as usual KK!

You'd think John be screaming for someone to call 911 and he'd try to take the tight noose off her neck.

John figured out JonBenet was dead in seconds....I'd be in denial and trying to get her to breathe by undoing the noose and giving her mouth to mouth resesitation and screaming her name...and screaming for help!

But no...John undoes the loose wrist binding ignoring the obvious tight binding around her neck.

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

KK, you have hit the nail on the head. I think that is EXACTLY what was behind JR's actions and words.

17. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

noose

He may not have seen the noose - the ME didn't see it at first either due to the swelling of her neck. Sure there was cord hanging but he may not have recognized what it was. I'm not saying he wasn't part of what happened to JBR - I'm just saying that for those questioning why he didn't attempt to loosen it immediately, he may not have seen it.

Having said that, there is a part of me that wonders if PR did most of the work and he got into the act a little later in the scene. His statement that it must have been an inside job would be a weird thing to blurt out if he was involved with the ransom note that points to an outside source.

The whole thing drives me nuts because I go back and forth on what might have happened that night.
    I'm frustrated because I will probably never know for sure what happened but there is at least 1 person whom I have no doubt was right there and was good for it.

18. koldkase

I know what you're saying, Texas, but the other thing that really bothers me is WHY wouldn't JR LOOK at his child and FIND OUT what was wrong with her?

That's a reaction that would be completely instinctive, IMO.

Then he would have seen the cord and if he had an instinct to "help" her, it would have gone straight to getting that off her neck, I would think.

The same thing with Patsy. They bring her to her child's BODY, and neither Patsy nor JR ask WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER? What did they DO to our baby? Can we help her? CPR? SOMETHING?

Heck, even Fleet White's instinct was to call 911.

I can tell you right now, and maybe it's because I've raised children, but if something is wrong, I'm looking to HELP THEM, FIX the problem, etc. And to do that, the first thing you do is ASSESS what is wrong with them.

So I can't imagine if JR really just "came upon" the body, his first instinct is to take it upstairs, stiff and dead as she was. My god, I'd think he wouldn't even want Patsy to see her like that, much less all their friends.

Well, it's all speculation, of course. But it is as fishy as so many other things the Ramseys have done in the last 13 years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice