Barney Fife...Uh...I mean the Defective Detective is still on the job!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

COLORADO SPRINGS- JonBenet Ramsey would've been 19 years old this Christmas. The 6-year-old Boulder beauty queen was brutally murdered in her home on Christmas night 1996, and a killer has never been caught. While some may see this as a cold case, retired investigator Lou Smit refuses to give up.
    "I just feel that some day by some effort, the case will be solved," Smit told us tonight at his Colorado Springs home. "Somebody knows something."
    Smit has worked on the JonBenet case from the beginning. Back in 1996 he was hired by the Boulder district attorneys office to help investigate. Smit has been one of few who's always maintained John and Patsy Ramsey had nothing to do with their daughter's death.
    This week John Ramsey released a statement urging the public to speak out with any information.
    "We are hoping to jog memories and in doing so, asking everyone to examine their consciences," Ramsey said in a statement.
    Smit says sometimes even the vaguest tip can catch a murderer.
    "If this killer is still out there people can come forward and it may save another child," he says.
    For now he's re-visiting and re-organizing his many notes on the case, hoping to find something to submit to police.
    "I don't think anybody should forget about this little girl. Period," he says.
    It's an investigation Smit literally holds close to his heart. Thirteen years ago he and the D.A. found a two shiny pennies in front of the Ramsey's home. They made them into necklaces, Smit says he'll keep wearing it until the killer is caught.
    "I've always worn this necklace, and perhaps someday I'll be able to take it off," he says.

http://www.krdo.com/Global/story.asp?S=11731945
    +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Now I see where Smit thinks he can put his 2 cents worth in...LMAO!

2. Little

Little Member

LOL on the two cents Moab. Actually, IMO Smit could get change back from what his opinion is worth.

News Flash Louie - the case is not a mystery, just the delay in justice.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I've got a good place for him to keep those pennies...

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:floor: on the change back, Little.

Lou Smit is as willfully ignorant in this case as every Ramsey supporter. It would take a complete vegetable not to see that the Ramseys were in this from the prior abuse to the garrote to the ransom note Patsy wrote.

5. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

ah hah

The dirty monster is still out there killing little girls according to Smit. I reason this out 'cause he thinks they need to be caught before they do it again.
    Well, there has been plenty of time - have any other little girls been found with a huge crack in their skull, a garrotte around their neck, evidence of prior sexual abuse, a long weird ransom note, wrapped in a blanket with their favorite nighty alongside, left in their own home? And, if you listen to the delusional detective, stun gunned?

I think it is safe to say the real killer won't be doing it again.

6. Little

Little Member

So true Texan. I just makes me want to spit when I read Smit's crap. If his wonderful clients sincerely wanted to clear the deck so a killer could be found they sure as heck would have taken every test, gone to every interview, permitted testing on JonBenet to make certain a stun gun had been used, etc. etc. and on and on and on. They performed exactly like guilty people are told to by a defense attorney. Deny, dodge, distract, and shut up.

I hear through the grapevine that John's tip line has a canned response that they are getting so many tips they can't possibly, personally repond to them all. Now isn't that interesting?

7. Little

Little Member

Which brings us back to multiple motives for the staging of the scene KK and too many people who touched this tar baby who have dirty little secrets. "If" only one person was involved then the truth of what happened went to the grave and all that's left are those who value their own skins more than justice for JonBenet.

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Little,

How much you wanna bet that the tips start with an "R"? :rolleyes:

9. AMES

AMES Member

According to John himself...that night gown was not supposed to be there. He actually said that!!! Don't know about you...but, that makes me wonder how he KNOWS it wasn't supposed to be there. Someone suggested that maybe he just meant that it was out of place...well, heck...so was the blanket that she was wrapped in. I think that he just "slipped up" when he said that. And nobody called him on it.

10. koldkase

Oh, how funny. Except...not really. I guess he'd rather be in Hawaii living the good life than manning phones for HIS tip line to help find the killer of his child.

Why am I not surprised?

11. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah....and we all believe THAT, right??? SUUURRREEE they are. And I am Queen Elizabeth.

12. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

too many tips

The tip line is probably inundated by tips from Jams. She may have a freezer full of untested skivvies or something equally loony.

13. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

Yep.........like the stun gun had a baby or something......

14. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

Oh spare me the CR@P!Effort???Who do you have in mind if you don't mind me asking??EVERYBODY made efforts and you know exactly who HASN'T.Geez.:banghead:

15. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

NO NO NO
    This is NO bias.This is NOT about me being RDI.
    But how come the most idiotic players in this case are R supporters/paid by the R's????

Smit,Lacy,Tracey,Ollie and the list goes on......

16. koldkase

:floor:

Yeah, that could be it!

And as desperate as he is to find that intruder, apparently John Ramsey can't be lowered to working the phones, getting volunteers, his family, and friends to help him with this inundation of tips while he's looking for the intruder who murdered his child under his nose.

I can't understand how this man ran a billion dollar company. He can't even collect and manage a sufficient staff to answer A TIP LINE? The most infamous unsolved murder in this country, and this is the best the "John Ramsey Foundation's" push for tips can do? Really? He couldn't even book himself on Larry King to help find that killer? He sure as heck booked himself on that show to campaign for office!

Guess using his masterful business skills in something so unimportant is beneath him. And everyone else in his family who professes to want to catch that old intruder.

One thing is certain: on this 13th anniversary of his daughter's murder, he certainly wasn't speaking with the beer can collectors who are calling in tips--allegedly.

17. koldkase

:floor:

You're on a roll!

18. koldkase

Oh! I know! I know the answer to this one!

Because you have to be really stupid or really corrupt to believe the Ramseys' lies and ignore the plethora of evidence leading straight to them.

So...do I win a vacay in Hawaii? :gottarun:

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I know- reading the R interviews raises my blood pressure through the roof! That was just one among many things that LE just ...let go.

20. Karen

Karen Member

It reminds me of the statement that Patsy made during one of the police interviews where she said something along the lines of , "if she went downstairs during the night and ran into somebody, it was somebody that wasn't suppose to be there," or something like that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice