Lou Smit has died

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Not allowed, you scurvy pyrate! Get your cutlass and start posting, matey, or you'll be taking a long walk off a short plank! Argh! :pirate:

2. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

have the pirates returned? C'mon, koldkase....get typing!!!

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

September 9 is Talk Like a Pirate Day....in case any of you non-pirates are interested.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

There are non-pyrates around the Guttah?! Say it ain't so!

All I can say about Lou Smit, out of respect for the posters here who aren't nearly as ruthless as this old pyrate, is I hope he and Patsy have a nice, hot chat over a cup of fire and brimstone after what they did to JonBenet and all the innocent people who suffered because of them.

The man was a tree-cutter turned policeman, for chrissakes! He had no sympathy nor prayers for the men and families whose lives he turned upside down while destroying the case against the true killer. Being a self-righteous fool doesn't get wiped out just because he died.

So that's my edited, toned down, kinder, gentler opinion! Dammit! :pirate:

5. Cherokee

Exactly what I tried to say earlier, but you said it much more succinctly. I don't believe in speaking ill of the dead, but this is merely a true statement of fact. Lou Smit WAS a self-righteous fool who wouldn't listen to reason or follow the evidence. Because of that, he damaged MANY innocent lives and any hope of justice in the Ramsey case.

Lou Smit's ACTIONS live on and can never be erased, even with all the generous sentiment we can muster. Lou may have thought in his heart he was doing the right thing, but then, so did the Nazi soldiers who manned the gas chambers. That doesn't negate his awful legacy or theirs. Belief in the rightness of your cause doesn't excuse the moral consequences.

6. Elle

Elle Member

I hear you, girls, and what you are both saying here is true. It does take courage to speak up like this, but Lou Smit did cause a lot of heartache for Steve Thomas who had worked so hard on the JonBenét case. It was unfortunate this case was given to Lou Smit in the first place.

7. Cherokee

I couldn't agree more, Elle.

8. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

End of another era and still no justice for JonBenet :-(

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I agree with Cher and Koldkase.

And, that's all I'm saying.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

DITTO.

Boulder IS Burning~
    RR

11. koldkase

Smit's Greatest Hits

Smit outfoxes DA Hunter and stages a coup that results in Smit controlling the media propaganda for all time, I guess, since the BDA won't let anyone else get a hold of what Smit had all to himself--fricking nazis!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

KoldKase,

You are wonderful! Thanks for all that you do for JonBenet Ramsey. I've just read those 2 items and I must say I've forgotten much about this case and all the ins and outs of what went on during the early stages. However I have to say that I didn't recall that the FBI did any testing on anything for this case. Do we know what they tested and what they found? No, I guess not since we don't know a lot about many things. The comment that CBI messed up some of the testing I can certainly understand because I have always felt or believed that the entire crime scene was populated by the whole neighborhood once the cops had been called. Ladies were cleaning up the kitchen and serving food to all the crowd gathered. Holy hot tamales! That all by itself insured contamination and a non verdict. But I digress.

Do we know just what the FBI did test? Again, thanks for all you do.

13. koldkase

Gosh, Zoomama, I've forgotten more than I remember about this case, myself. So now you've got me.

I think Thomas mentioned some things the FBI tested in his book. I'm thinking they did some fiber testing, because the CBI concluded the fibers found on JB's genital area came from the duvet in the suitcase--Smit subscribed to that, of course, and said it means the intruder tried to put JB in the suitcase; but the FBI concluded the fibers were consistent with those which came from the shirt John was wearing that night, or the one John sent to the BPD, at any rate.

Those are the fibers Boulder LE told John Ramsey in Atlanta they found on JB's genitals at autopsy. John Ramsey said BS! I have to wonder if John turned in the wrong shirt and that's why he was so quick to jump. I mean, Patsy's fibers were all over the crime scene and body, even tied into the garrote knots; so why would John be so sure his couldn't be there, even if he were nowhere near the crime that night? They're always arguing the fibers are no big deal, that the Ramseys lived there and carried JB in that night, etc. Interesting to ponder, isn't it?

Anyway, how predictable that the case was further muddled by the CBI and the FBI coming to different conclusions over the evidence. Ha! What a forensics disaster.

I can't remember other evidence tested by the FBI right now. Maybe someone else does?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice