What things are you most sure about?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Learnin, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Learnin,

I just asked Tricia by e-mail if she still had an audio file of the 911 call.

Am I the only one who couldn't open this audio file? http://www.acandyrose.com/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

Did someone from the Ramsey Camp sabotage it?

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

No, Elle. ACR has taken down a lot of the JBR forum. It's costly and she's paid those expenses for over a decade, along with some generous donors who have helped as they could.

But time is moving on, as they say, and so will this case fade into history unless that "chance arrow" Thomas spoke of so eloquently flies to its target, scoring a bullseye on the truth so long hidden from justice.

3. koldkase

Good thread, Learnin. Good job, peeps.

You've all hit so many nails on the head.

I concur with all.

And more.

4. Elle

Elle Member

It's good the text record of the 911 call is still available here on FFJ, KK. Thanks to Tricia!

5. Little

Little Member

I have it saved on my computer. It's from FFJ 10/10/03. I can't get it to attach but I can send it to anyone who knows how to do it. It may be too big?

Little

6. Learnin

Learnin Member

Okay.

It seems there is a wide consensus of posters who are certain, or darned near certain, that the rn was written by PR.

The new investigation was supposed to focus on linguistics and DNA. Does anyone here hope that linguistics, some day, will advance enough where the author can be positively identified? Does anyone think that a software program will be developed that can match a writing to a certain person?

I can't help but think there are certain advances in this field, since the mid to late 90s, that would help LE determine the author. Why else would they focus on linguistics again? I suppose there are new experts in the field, with little knowledge of this case, who might have been selected to evaluate the writings again. If there was concensus that PR was the author, then, they would have to try and explain that DNA.

p.s. please keep the "for sures" coming if you have any more.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

The publicly stated (and private) consensus among LE is that Patsy wrote the ransom note.

Unfortunately, the consensus in the Boulder DA's office is that the Ramseys must be protected and never prosecuted. Hunter sabotaged the investigation, and Mary Lacy never even read the case files but relied on Lou Smit for her Ramsey information. The current DA was handed a Pandora's box that he doesn't dare open because then all the corruption, stupidity (Mary Lacy's defining character trait) and malfeasance would come to light.

THEREFORE, this case will be "investigated" into eternity with no resolution. When LE (and anyone with a brain) knows the guilty parties have been EXCUSED from prosecution, what else can you do? If ANYONE makes a peep and tells what they know, Team Ramsey and their lawyers will swoop down and slap a lawsuit so fast, it'll make your head spin. On top of that, they (and their internet minions) will make the life of the "person who reveals all" a living hell. You've seen what the Ramseys and their RST co-horts have done to innocent people WHO WEREN'T EVEN IN BOULDER THAT CHRISTMAS! Can you imagine the damage inflicted on someone who decided to reveal what they know and what is REALLY in those case files? Look what they tried to do to Steve Thomas. There's no one in LE who wants to throw themselves on the sacrificial altar for a case that will never come to trial, especially now that Patsy is dead.

I have personally spoken with several people who have seen the files and seen Patsy's exemplars that have not been released to the public. LE knows she wrote the ransom note. Period. What they don't know is exactly who did what that night, but it doesn't matter anyway because the case will never be prosecuted, and you can take that to the bank! "Make sure that you bring an adequate attache' .... The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested."

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

100% sure Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note. (See my analysis stickied to this page.)

100% sure the Ramseys got away with what happened to JonBenet that night.

100% sure Alex Hunter and Hal Haddon (his hot-tub buddy) made a deal so that Hunter would feed information to the Ramsey defense team and "go easy" on the Ramseys, not interviewing them until a year and a half after JonBenet's death. (Would WE, as regular citizens, have gotten that kind of kid-glove treatment? Absolutely not!)

100% sure the Ramsey case will never be prosecuted because it was badly botched from the beginning and went downhill from there.

100% sure that phone company records for the entire month of December don't go missing unless you're the wealthy and well-connected Ramsey family with powerful friends who can get phone records erased.

100% sure any other suspects in a murder investigation would have had their phone records subpoenaed IMMEDIATELY by the DA before they could go "missing."

100% sure if I truly believed my daughter had been kidnapped by a "foreign faction" (what foreign faction calls themselves "a foreign faction"?), I wouldn't have invited everyone in my phone book over to the house if the kidnappers threatened to behead my daughter.

100% sure if I truly believed my daughter had been kidnapped, I would have clung closely to my spouse for support instead of not speaking to them and staying in separate rooms the whole time.

100% sure I wouldn't have said ONLY ONE WEEK after my daughter's death that I wasn't angry at the cold-blooded murderer and molester of my daughter.

100% sure Mary Lacy is the stupidest DA who ever lived. No wonder she hides behind those hair curtains. She's ashamed to show her face.

And the list goes on and on ...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  9. koldkase

I'd say brava, Chero, and clap...except it all just makes me want to weep.

That poor baby. She was sacrificed, there's no doubt about that. Whether it was some psychotic delusion being acted out, or whether it was just a practical sacrifice to save other Ramseys, JonBenet was given up to death and history in a grotesque, sick image of abuse and murder by her own mother.

Yeah, I have a software program which can identify the writer of the ransom note, Learnin: my brain. It's so obvious. In so many ways. How can anyone NOT see that Patsy wrote the note, that's the only mystery about that to me.

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Learnin,

This is a great thread. Thank you. I am going to read over all the posts. With this incredible group of people I can only imagine how in-depth their posts are on the case. Thank you for starting this discussion.

Tricia

11. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Look at Patsy's "Q" in the note and in her exemplars. Small "q" that is.

It's an 8. Both of them. What are the odds?

Didn't the ransom note also have some sort of notation above a word that journalists use?

My memory is fading fast.

IIRC (if I remember correctly) Patsy took a journalism class or some sort of writing class where this type of notation was used.

Am I nuts? Don't answer that.

Going to bed.

12. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Exactly the way I feel, KK - How can anyone NOT see that Patsy wrote that mother of all ransom notes?

Cher - I know you speak the truth - (where is our friend Candy these days?). Everything you said is right on. This case will never be tried - the murderer is dead, and those who know what happened go on with their sorry little lives. Nothing we can do about it, now.

13. Learnin

Learnin Member

I'm afraid that what you write is true, Cherokee. I guess I'm too naive and maintain a glimmer of hope that some piece of evidence, some new insight into the evidence, will force the DA's office to file charges....something that they cannot brush off. Little by little, I'm accepting the fact that money can buy about anything in this country except eternal life.

Is there any way to get this thing out of the local hands and into a federal jurisdiction? Can the local DA just decide to give the investigation to the Feds?

I've always hoped for a confession but I don't think that is possible until JR passes...then one of his offspring might come clean.

14. Learnin

Learnin Member

Darn good points, Cherokee.

15. Learnin

Learnin Member

Good point about the brain, kk. The only thing about a computer software program is that it would eliminate the bias and prejudice of the human brain which always plays some part in our judgment about things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that bias is causing you, or any of the posters here, to form the opinion that PR wrote the note. I'm saying, from the case standpoint, it would eliminate the other side from saying: "You're just seeing these things because of your hatred of the Ramseys, etc.etc., ad nauseum.

The first thing I was struck by was Patsy's frequent use of exclamation points which only matched her character, IMO. The rn author liked them, also.

I'm beginning to think, more and more, that PR sacrificed her baby because she couldn't stand the idea she had been defiled...couldn't accept this...coupled with the fact that PR knew her CA could return at any moment with a vengeance. A lot of factors probably went into play.

16. Learnin

Learnin Member

Your welcome, Tricia. Thank you for having provided this avenue of discussion and a forum which has a wealth of information about the case.

17. koldkase

Well, a jury should have been the decider on the ransom note evidence. They would have been the balance of scales, where "hatred of the Ramseys" was not a valid argument by the defense. That's how that's supposed to work.

No DA is ever going to make a case against anyone that will end in a guilty verdict in this murder. It's no longer possible, because Team Ramsey has muddied the waters until it's quicksand. The only confession that would matter would be from Burke, but he's never going to be held accountable if he did any or all of it because he was not even 10.

John Ramsey certainly will never confess, if he has anything to confess. He's not going to prison to live his elderly years and die, I'd bet the farm on that. And if he did confess, he'd have to lay out every detail to enable a conviction even then, because otherwise any lawyer he hired would still have plenty of failsafe defense tactics--like John had become senile, it was Patsy and he's trying to honor her memory before he dies, he wants to take suspicion off his sons, etc. Since the Ramseys have so many people fooled for life and enough money to keep people like us from getting the entire truth, why would he do that? And it would only create yet another media firestorm, which they don't want now that time has finally begun to wash their sins away.

18. koldkase

Yes, the "q" is such a "gotcha" match. But there are so, so many in that note.

Yes, Patsy had a DEGREE in journalism. She worked in an ad agency, as well, and that's how she met Cookie/Judith Phillips, whose then-husband worked there. Patsy also was a successful writer under pressure, as she won a scholarship in the talent competition after writing a last minute monologue for the Miss America Pageant when she was denied rights to use her often successful one from The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie.

Okay, about that accent mark in the ransom note: Chero can speak to this much better than I, but here's a general recap.

• From the ransom note: an "acute accent" mark is used for "attaché", which is a French grammatical affectation. Do I need to speak to Patsy's obsession with things French?
    • From the uniquely created name of Patsy's daughter: JonBenét, "acute accent" compliments of Patsy. Do I really need to point out Patsy's common usage of the "acute accent" in her writing?

Don't worry about forgetting case stuff, Tricia. It's a sign that your mental health is much better than mine, since I have all this useless case info running around in my head with no place to go.

19. koldkase

Just wanted to say, good to see you, WY. :wave:

20. Learnin

Learnin Member

I agree. It'll be a cold day in hell before JR confesses if he has anything to say.

I was thinking that MR or JAR might know something of importance and would not say anything while dad is still alive since he was probably involved in some kind of covering for PR. I believe they would have no desire to protect PR in such a scenario but would refrain while he is still alive and would have to go through a great deal.

On the other hand, if they knew something of importance, and wasn't telling it, would they be susceptible to legal proceedings?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice