What things are you most sure about?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Learnin, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Learnin, I admire your idealism about the Ramsey case, but I lost mine a long time ago. I've seen too much corruption and know too much about the backroom deals and other shenanigans that have gone on in this case. I lost any hope of the Ramsey case ever going to trial when Hunter refused to to let the Grand Jury vote back in October of 1999. Since then, I've stayed involved in the case to keep the Ramseys from winning the PR battle to convince the general public of their innocence, as well as fight their efforts to destroy the lives of innocent people who got in their way.

If I thought the cause was lost back in 1999, there's been a lot more water under the bridge since then. There has been so much misinformation and red herrings thrown into the mix, even if someone, ANYONE, was arrested for JonBenet's murder, their defense attorney would have a field day and have the charges dropped after laughing themselves senseless. No DA can ever bring this case to trial because of all the contamination and conflicting stories. When the police didn't separate John and Patsy immediately and question them separately, they lost any chance of obtaining the REAL story of what happened that night.

Now that Patsy has died, the one person that LE KNOWS was involved in the cover-up of what happened to JonBenet because she wrote the ransom note (and most probably, was also involved in JonBenet's death), there is no one left to prosecute unless you go after John or Burke as an accessory to murder, and that's not going to happen because you first have to prove who was the murderer.

As far as I know, the Feds cannot come in and take over the Ramsey case. The Boulder DA will never give it to them as it would expose all kinds of judicial and politicial corruption that runs down the backbone of Colorado like the Rocky Mountains. The FBI tried to help in the beginning and were rebuffed. We know that from various sources. One of them is our own FFJ member, Shadow. Of course, Alex Hunter didn't want any help from the Feds. Hunter knew if they got involved, he couldn't help the Ramseys escape justice, which was always his main goal.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

KK, I don't know for sure, but I *think* Tricia might have been talking about the "caret" - a wedge-shaped mark made to indicate the place where something is to be inserted.

From my analysis of the ransom note:

"The author is obviously used to writing letters and familiar with the standard mechanics of written English. Further proof of this the caret used to insert the word “not” between the words “do” and “particularly.” It has been pointed out that English and journalism majors are taught to use carets (among other editing symbols) in their manuscripts. In addition, the ransom note features standard American English capitalization, spelling and punctuation."

Yes, Patsy's love and use of French words, and accent marks, is legendary. It is also interesting to note that the ransom note writer not only knew the use of about "carets," but thought it necessary to place one in the ransom note. It was a subconscious decision by a well-trained writer, and was part of the same decision to use a salutation and closing and indented paragraphs. The ransom note writer was no bum off the street or uneducated member of a "foreign faction." Even in their shock and panic, the ransom note writer still adhered to good writing form. Old writing habits are hard to break, especially for journalism majors like Patsy.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Missed this post, sorry, Little! I played it on Windows Media but did have a lot of static with it. Like your file, my attachment wasn't accepted. Thank you for sending it. So many Ramsey related files are gone now.

Enjoying this thread immensley. Tricia might manage something with your file (?).

4. Little

Little Member

JonBenet: Did the Ramseys Confess?

Here's another analysis:

Source: http://*************************/2010/07/jonbenet-ramsey-case.html
    edited to fix link.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  5. Elle

Elle Member

Learnin wrote:

Oh my, Learnin, this is a first for me coming across your new thoughts. This is certainly another
    interesting situation and a believable one. One which could have sent Patsy into the rage I felt she was in
    for just being plain soiled, but you could be right(?)

I believe a lot of what you terrific posters are saying here and it is sad Lou Smit and all the others you have all named are responsible and in cahoots, preventing this crime from being solved.

6. Elle

Elle Member

7. Little

Little Member

Hmmm, I may have missed something. I think I cut off the last of it Elle. I fixed it in my post and here too. Thank you for letting me know.

http://*************************/2010/07/jonbenet-ramsey-case.html

8. Elle

Elle Member

Success! Reading it now! Thank you, Little! :)

There is a lot of reading in this file and although I have read a lot of the same type of analysis before, this author confirms what many of us already believe; without a doubt Patsy Ramsey is the author of the ransom note.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
  9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh...silly me! You mean the little arrow that you use to indicate a word should be inserted between other words? Okay. Ha ha. No journalism major here, obviously.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

But both examples do illustrate more of the countless points of grammar in the note which lead right back to Patsy, so glad Tricia brought it up, I mistakenly included a different example, and you brought her point out, as well.

Guttah teamwork!

10. Learnin

Learnin Member

I understand your feelings. I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately on this case thus the optimism.

I think I was given false hope by the new DA handing the case back to the BPD. Thought maybe a new DA, with no Hunter connection, might not care if further investigation confirmed the corruption.

Does anyone think that Eller or White might have written a memoir on this case with instructions to release upon their death. I know if it was me, and I was involved as much as some of these people were in this highly publicized case, I'd have to tell my side of the story somehow, sometime. ST was surely courageous enough to do so.

11. Elle

Elle Member

I think Cherokee's excellent post does state the true JonBenét situation very clearly, Learnin. Yes! We were all given some false hope with the BPD taking over again.

12. koldkase

Yes, excellent post, Chero, and absolutely right on point.

It's my guess the new DA handed the case back to the BPD/Beckner because the new DA knew it was a dead case and didn't want his office being held responsible for the fact that it wasn't going anywhere, ever.

I also guess that the DA and Beckner had an understanding before they ever went into that press conference: it was a gift to Beckner, because though he did quite a dance around before answering, he knew he was going to be asked if the Ramseys were back under the umbrella, and he said Yes, with the DA sitting right there.

The BPD has been beat up good about this case. Some of it was deserved, but much of it by Team Ramsey was not. The RST used the BPD as their whipping post, to explain why in all these years, no intruder has ever been close to being identified. (PERV Karr was not "the intruder," so his faux arrest and media sham doesn't count.)

So DA Garner giving the case back to the BPD and letting Beckner thumb his nose at DA Lacy and Hunter was the price of getting this white elephant out of his office, IMO.

But no one who has any real grasp of the case, the evidence, the history, and the law would ever make the mistake of thinking it's ever going to trial. That's why I was so stunned when Lacy pulled her PERV Karr stunt. It proved to me how little she knew about any of the above, especially the law.

There's a reason PERV Karr was released within two weeks without even being questioned by LE in Boulder: even a dimestore lawyer could have laid out for Lacy how her stupid little Team Ramsey game was going to backfire on her and major. Once PERV Karr had a lawyer in place, all that lawyer had to do was have an hour with Lacy, to explain to her how major evidence was sitting online, being bantered about by thousands, compliments of Lou "Psychic" Smit and Team Ramsey, how PERV Karr had in fact gotten elements of the crime wrong in his "confession," how that "confession" was clearly coerced and prompted by Ramsey champion Tracey for four years, and how PERV Karr had been led by Tracey to believe they were actually writing a book wherein PERV Karr was providing the "pretend" killer POV. Add in that Lacy couldn't place PERV Karr in Boulder, at the crime scene, or even prove he ever knew the Ramseys existed before the murder, and it was a no-brainer--and too bad Lacy was simply brainless.

Did I mention that even if Lacy had been crazy enough to drag PERV Karr into a trial, there is no logistical or realistic way to finance a trail that would last so many years, it would bankrupt Boulder, which is pretty much bankrupt now.

But more importantly, even if you're not 100% sure that Patsy wrote the note, it's so likely and there are plenty of experts who would happily cash the check to say so, how would a DA get past that when trying to prosecute anyone else? Let's say there was an intruder; how hard would it be for any decent defense attorney to create reasonable doubt with that ransom note and the gift of all the lies Patsy Ramsey told to LE in interviews, documented for all time in her videotaped interviews?

Unless the person who put that garrote on JonBenet's neck and pulled it wasn't Patsy, unless that person comes forward and confesses all, with details and knowledge of evidence only the killer could know (like that's possible at this point, the way Smit was parading the Powerpoint around), unless that person can explain why Patsy wrote the ransom note for him, and unless that person was not a minor at the time and flat out pleads guilty so there is no trial, how can there ever be a conviction in this case?

I don't know; I can't see it ever happening. I hope I'm wrong.

13. Elle

Elle Member

When one goes over your accurate account of all this JonBenét case entails, KK, all I can think of is Patsy Ramsey threw a spanner into the works when she wrote the ridiculous ransom note. She knew the chaos it would create. Can't you see her smiling?

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Hard to see her through the flames....

15. Thor

Thor Active Member

lmao

16. heymom

heymom Member

100% certain there was no intruder.
    100% certain Patsy wrote the ransom note.
    100% certain JonBenet had been violated prior to that night.
    100% certain that Fleet White knows something he hasn't told LE, or can't prove.
    100% certain that Jameson is an idiot.

:)

17. Elle

Elle Member

Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by deedee [​IMG]
    hard to see her through the flames....
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Good one DeeDee! :)

18. Elle

Elle Member

Right on! heymom! :)

19. rashomon

rashomon Member

I'm one per cent sure that Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note to cover up a domestic homicide.
    I'm one per cent sure that the neck knot was tied on JonBenet when she was already in a near death coma from the head blow.
    I'm 100 per cent sure that the wooden "handle" was a mere stage prop used by Patsy to suggest a "tortured and killed scenario" by an intruder.
    I'm 100 per cent sure that the loosely tied wrist ligatures were stage props as well.
    I'm 100 per cent sure that former prosecutor Hunter knows there was no intruder, and that it was his cowardice which prevented him from bringing the Ramseys to justice.

20. koldkase

Um...am I confused about your percentages on the ransom note and garrote knot? I ask because being 100% sure Patsy tied on the "handle" would kind of go along with being more than 1% sure she wrote the note to cover up the homicide...?

I 100% agree with your assessment of Hunter's knowledge, but I am only 50/50 on whether he was too cowardly to try the Ramseys or whether he was plain corrupt and had "other" motivations. It could have been both.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice