Yana Huss Murder Case and Memorial Fund

Discussion in 'Yana Huss' started by ACandyRose, Aug 8, 2007.

1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Judge Dommerich should have expressed outrage :viking: at having to continue this case.

How many times did I use the :hourglass smilie in the Butts case. Too many!

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Now I'm getting pizzed. I don't believe this BS for one moment. If that judge doesn't get to witness the surgeries and have three doctors confirm the needed "recovery" time, then it's just another defense lie, IMO.

Unless the defense lawyer is getting his balls removed--and I'll go that surgery for him for free, then the judge should have demanded the surgeries be postponed. Period.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thanks My Friends...

I am limited in what I can post for one reason or another right now, but KK...I would probably want to say something very similar to yours! I have no clue what these surgeries are, but my gut tells me that Judge D wouldn't put up with it if the Defense Attorney was getting one of those Lin makeovers! They might not look the same, but the feel is the same...:banghead:

4. RiverRat

So They Say...

Jury trial set for 11/22/2010 at 9:30 am.

5. koldkase

Well, you know this may all work for the prosecution, Rat. If Yana's son is going to come back to the U.S. and testify, he'll be older and not as easily intimidated by the piece of human scum who murdered his mother.

As long as the goon is behind bars, it's all good!

Thanks for the update.

6. RiverRat

Your continuing support while waiting and waiting and waiting...means the world to me, KK - Thank You.

7. koldkase

Gosh, Rat, it's very little, what I do. What you do, have done, now that's something. We so appreciate you keeping us up to date on this case.

I can't remember: did the DA refuse to make a deal? Otherwise, this walking horror of a human being is going to plead out eventually, don't you think?

Sorry, this is why the delays: time passes and memories fade.

I imagine this killer's attorneys are trying to drag it out as long as possible, but once it's finally time for a jury to hear about how he slaughtered the mother of these children while her son witnessed it, they will take anything they can get outside of the death penalty. Unless this psycho is so crazy he forces them to keep going, they'll try everything to get a plea, IMO. They'd be completely irresponsible lawyers not to.

In fact, I'm thinking the DA must have refused a plea...?

8. RiverRat

Great question...

Huss is ONLY charged with 2nd Degree Murder, so what should have been a slam dunk premeditated First Degree Murder conviction was already handed out at the beginning of the judicial process. Anything Less is completely unacceptable as it will put many, myself included, in danger and completely remove what little faith I formally had in an agency and I will have no other choice but to become more vocal in my comunity about. !ouch:

Koldkase - please look around the world and see for yourself how few still remember Yana and the Evil that eliminated her from it and her family...you will then see that Yes indeed, You are One of Rare One's that take a moment out of their life to acknowledge hers...I am reduced to only being able to attend vigils for all homicide victims in my region for Yana. I should be pumped up and feeling more confident about the Trial starting next month, but all I feel is the need to brace myself for another CONtinuance. Please, accept my appreciation from my Heart with Yours - then you can go back to your Pirate LifeStyle :)

9. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Ratty,

Oh my goodness, All this delay tactic by the defense council brings back so many bad memories of the Scott Peterson case and the way Gerigos acted in the courtroom. Do you remember any of that? Well let me refresh your memory and maybe it might help in understanding what is going on here. Gerigos knew he had a guilty client from the get go. His antics while court was in session and the pros side was being presented was akin to a very naughty little boy tormenting his parents just for the hell of it. And patiently the judge did nothing about it and for good cause. G would get up and walk over to the court secty and ask in a normal voice for something...a pencil or notepaper, anything. Then walk over and sit down for a bit. Then go over and shuffle some papers and make noises doing it all the while someone is testifying. This went on and on for the whole of the trial. I watched in utter madness and screamed at the TV for the judge to do something. My beloved Sister (rip) told me to calm down because it was all a tactic hoping that it would lead to a mistrial or give G ammunition for having the trial overturned for a tech. It was a good performance but it failed for Gerigos because his client was found guilty as sin itself. That judge was so patient and is one of my heros. So I suspect that something like this is at play here too. If the surgeries weren't allowed then the creep's atty could have the big issue of health used to appeal the whole proceedings.

Or at least that is how I picture what is going on there. I know it isn't easy on you to say nothing of justice being delayed for Yana. But hang in there my friend and know that there are some of us still here in your corner hanging tough with you. K?

10. koldkase

Yep. What zoomama said!

Take a breath and warm yourself with the love we all have for you in your righteous anger, Rat. Karma comes to all, one way or another.

11. RiverRat

Thank You, Ladies

I apologize for venting my frustration here, the ONLY place that has not let Yana and her Family slip away from their memories, so no more of that from me as I need to stay Postitive that 11-22-10 will be The Day that The Ending Begins!

Zoomama - yes, I more than understand how slowly the Wheels of Justice can turn...remind me one day to tell ya about another case that I've been waiting for resolution on coming up on 14 YEARS now ;)

KK - Please - Keep those kick in the pants coming as I soooo need to bulk back up on on my Pirate Skills!

12. RiverRat

It could be worse?!

One more delay to announce - however - this time is not set for months away! Now the Clerk's Office new web-site finally updated notes state that instead of 11/22, the TRIAL will start on 11/29/2010 at 9AM!

"10/18/2010 COURT ORDER/NOTICE/MINUTE EVERYTHING ON SCHEDULE READY FOR TRIAL"

But wait...I sure hope this last new entry does not mean what I know in my heart that it will mean...

"11/3/2010 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE - MICHAEL G POWELL"

Seems that Scott is now on his THIRD defense attorney...right at the last second before his trial is ALLEGEDLY set to start.

I should be livid, no?!
    RR

13. RiverRat

14. RiverRat

Believe it or not...

Finally...Jury Selection begins in State of FL vs Scott Huss - Today.

15. koldkase

Thanks for keeping us informed, Rat. I guess the prosecution didn't delay after all.

You know, Rat, there is plenty of evidence to convict this murdering bastid. Direct physical evidence. Even if the child can't testify, they can convict this lower-than-scum sicko. Maybe it's better for the child not to relive this. I feel so awful for that lttle boy. If I had one wish for him, it's that he would not be abused by this sub-human again, not even in court.

Quit worrying about it, Rat. This killer isn't going anywhere but back to prison.

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

That is such good news RR...thanks for letting us know.

17. RiverRat

Many Thanks...

I was having a rotten day when I heard about the decision not to attend the trial - but in reality - that's the LAST Thing that I want for them to endure, especially while Scott's family is allowed to see him in the courtroom...but there will be only pictures of Yana - and not ones that her family needs to see.

So Be Thankful this week and Come Monday - we will tackle another turkey!

" A jury was selected Monday for the trial of a local man accused of killing his estranged wife more than three years ago. Scott L. Huss, 52, goes to trial next week on a sole count of second-degree murder in the death of Yana Huss. He faces up to life in prison if he is found guilty at trial. Huss is accused of stabbing the 31-year-old woman in the chest multiple times in April 2007. The victim’s neck was slashed so violently, according to court records, that she was almost decapitated. Authorities say Yana’s young son — and the defendant’s stepson — witnessed the alleged murder. The boy’s videotaped testimony, recorded in October 2007, is expected to be played to jurors next week at trial. The likelihood of dozens of crime scene and medical examiner photographs being presented as evidence at trial was brought up multiple times during the seven hours of voir dire Monday.
    Defense attorney Thomas Marryott asked prospective jurors in the 51-member jury pool whether they would be able to view photographs that could only be described as “ghastly†and weigh them as evidence in the case.

Before voir dire started Monday morming — and outside the presence of the prospective jurors — prosecutors said they planned to introduce dozens of crime scene and autopsy photographs.

Many prospective jurors told the attorneys they did not feel comfortable with the case, even though the only information they were given on the case was the formal charge filed against Huss. The 52-year-old Punta Gorda man listened closely during Monday’s proceedings. Several family members, including Huss’ mother, sat in throughout voir dire. The exhaustive selection process lasted more than seven hours. By late Monday afternoon, the jury pool had been whittled down, and a six-person panel — four women and two men— was selected. Prospective jurors who would serve as alternates were still being questioned early Monday evening. The trial judge, 20th Circuit Judge John Dommerich, indicated that four people would be selected to serve as alternates in the likely five-day trial."

http://www.yoursun.net/sunnews/portcharlotte/1775580-296/sunnewspapersjuryselectedintrial.html.csp

18. koldkase

What this monster did is about to be laid out in graphic detail for the court to see. He can't hide anymore. He might try to commit suicide, though.

When the jury sees what he did to Yana, they won't mind putting him away in a cage where he belongs for the rest of his life.

19. Catherine

Catherine Member

First off....I forgot my password here, so it took me a while to be able to post again :loser: lol!

Second...I'm not sure how I missed this sad, sad story. A tip of my cyber hat to RR, ACR and all of you who have supported RR and kept this story alive here.

Hugs to all of you, and prayers for Yana's family. Justice WILL be served.

Take care of yourself, RR. You are an angel walking amongst us.

:cheering: and :pray:

20. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

We have 12 people on juries here. This should be a slam dunk, RR.

I think the son's videotaped testimony from 2007 will more than suffice. I wouldn't want him to have to relive his mother's death in a courtroom either.

I know it will be a relief when it's all over, and I will be glad for you.

I admire you sooooooooooo much. You always have been a great inspiriation for me, not to mention a most cherished cyberfriend. You and Moab. And Elle. And Tricia. Well, all the :bee:s.

You are so very much loved.

Take care, happy holidays, love, jc

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice