Bonita Papers

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Come on KK, tell us the truth! You're already working for the FBI(?) RIGHT? SHOW ME YOUR BADGE![​IMG]

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Shadow. Your experience and expertise are always appreciated.

Of course, my words are always just my opinions and theories based on what we know about this case and what I can learn from doing the research and hearing the shared experiences of people like you and Steve Thomas, etc.

I often...I mean OFTEN...ask myself why am I still taking this puzzle apart and putting it back together again, with all the missing pieces and all the false pieces glaring at me. It's not like there's ever going to be any closure--no trial, no confession, nothing but our words on the screen to ever witness for this poor child.

I have never been able to believe the FBI stepped down without an order to do so from some source above the agency. As you say, the points touched upon in the ransom note seem to be designed to bring in the FBI.

Wait a minute...maybe that was the original plan, but the FBI declined to participate in the cover up early on, and so stepped down and watched from afar. Following the idea I posted earlier, that those helping the Ramseys before the 911 call still could not be certain, in the middle of the night during the holidays, of what they could actually pull off, perhaps the FBI wouldn't cooperate as far as was intended.... If cutting out the BPD wasn't possible, next was the plan to hamstring the investigation--and that's where Alex Hunter came in. VICTORY!

Well, it's pure speculation, of course, but I do believe that something happened with the FBI for the agency to stand down under such circumstances.

3. koldkase

Good lord, Elle! While child killers with connections can get away with anything, don't believe for one minute I wouldn't be hauled in, water-boarded, and "disappeared" forever if I made such a claim! Are you trying to clean up the Guttah or something? :eek:

4. Elle

Elle Member

No! No! No! You're doing a good job of this all by your wee self! :)

I'd love to meet an FBI agent for real!

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

You probably already HAVE! Most people have, they just are people you'd never think they'd be!

6. Elle

Elle Member

Now there's a thought, DeeDee! I'll be studying people more seriously now!

7. Elle

Elle Member

Seriously! Sincerely hope nothing ever happens to you because of your serious research, KK.

8. koldkase

Oh, you are so sweet, Elle. Don't worry about me. If the FBI wants me, I'm theirs. And if my hubby is any indication, they'll be begging him to take me back in no time! :takeabow:

9. Karen

Karen Member

koldkase, is this what you are saying in a nutshell? Or do I have it completely wrong?

911 call, police in police cars parked at residence= reason to explain no call from kidnappers since they said they're were watching

So the 911 call and police w/police cars at residence and also the Ransom note saying don't call 911.....explains why there was no call from kidnapper?

10. koldkase

:blush:

You're the second person who had to ask me to clarify my long brain fart.

Yes, m'am. That's what I think I meant. Plus add in the two couples called over, who drove in cars to get there and parked at the home. BIG fuss outside the home; kidnappers "monitoring" the Ramseys; leads to abandoning the kidnapping plan to collect the money, as the kidnappers would "know" the body had been found, right? Only it wasn't, but that was just a glitch in the plan. There were still enough cars, cops, and people around for the "kidnappers" to see and not make that ransom call. That would explain why the kidnappers vanished into thin air, IOW.

Or something. :computer:

11. Learnin

Learnin Member

Very interesting thoughts, kk. I agree that the ransom note author was making the connection with John's "bussiness" being part of LM, thus, the "country it serves" phrase. I, also, agree that this would eliminate many of the "intruders" that were thrown under the bus. I suppose FW might be shrewd enough to make the connection although I do not mean to say he was involved.

I tend to want to use the theory that the stager wished to portray a kidnapping that went wrong after the "victims" called the police. I believe this explains the location of the body and cleaning, redressing. I believe the stager did not anticipate the head injury would come into play later on at the autopsy as there were no external signs of trauma.

I've always wondered why the stager used John's "bussiness" as the motive for the kidnapper and then proceeded to throw LHP, Santa and others under the bus. It seems that if the stager was staging a kidnapping by using a political motive, why would he, she or they so quickly point to non-political people.

I think it might be because things didn't go as planned and the stager(s) had to adapt on the fly. If the body had been found right away, they, as you pointed out, could have flown out of Dodge with LE looking for the kidnappers...that might have been the plan. However, the body wasn't found. It's interesting how things always have a tendency to screw up well thought out plans.....

When the body wasn't found, and friends were discussing that stupid ransom note, I believe the stagers were forced to consider the stupidity of their set up. Friends were commenting on how crazy the letter sounded, e.g., the ransom note amount, the length, etc. I, also, believe the stagers overheard LE remark about the strangeness of the note. Then, when the call never came (as they knew it wouldn't and hoped that they would be out of Dodge by then), then, they were forced to play it as an "inside job" and begin fingering the obvious "insiders".

As for the FBI standing down. I tend to believe, by the time the FBI was contacted, and had read the ransom note or had it read to them, most comments were that this was not a kidnapping but a staging. French suspected something wasn't right within a few moments. Didn't one FBI agent predict that a body would be found before it was actually found? I don't think they thought it was going to be found in the house but I believe they realized this wasn't what the note said it was. Probably explains why they vacated the house and left Arndt along...knowing quite well there wouldn't be a call, etc.

Just thinking out loud here because of your many good observations. I'm going to continue to think( and that doesn't mean much) but you got my mind working about the ransom note author consciously making the connection to LM being a huge company dealing in government military contracts, etc.

12. Karen

Karen Member

Sometimes I think we give the Ramseys too much credit. I don't think they had the time or the smarts to figure all this out.We've had 15 years to think of all these things. They didn't have time to think that much through, IMO.
    The crime is simple enough. Dead child in basement, ransom note will explain why there is a dead child in basement. She was kidnapped by intruder hiding out in the home and taken to the basement after everyone was asleep. Parents and sibling heard nothing.
    I don't think they were cunning enough to take it a step further to, let's say, explain, Ok now ransom note explains why no phone call from kidnapper. Kidnapper watching house, sees all cars.
    As I said this crime is actually simple enough on it's face. The ransom note was to explain the dead child in the basement. You give the ransom note a duel purpose, to explain dead child and to explain why no call from kidnapper.
    Koldkase, this is very well thought out and it actually could be true if there really was a kidnapping, but IMO it's just that dumb luck the Ramseys had all through this thing that kept them out of jail. I'm still not sure about the LM connection and phone calls made in the wee hours and all that.
    Simple crime. Simple solution. Mistakes made by cops in the beginning. Cowardly Corrupt DA.

13. Elle

Elle Member

What jumps out at me everytime I see the misspelled word "business" as "bussiness"is Patsy Ramsey trying to make it look like a foreigner had written the ransom note. I want to scream every time I see it! :yow:

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

:yay:

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Wait a minute...

I am pretty sure that it's in ST's book, but I know I remember reading someone from Security being surprised that John NEVER contacted them but since these brain cells are dusty, I need some help here (hi mame) or dang it, I guess I could stand one more re-read!

16. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Found It...

"Since John Ramsey had no faith in the Boulder police, I thought perhaps he had sought help from the security experts of Access Graphics' parent company. "I've never spoken to him," Bernie Lamoraux, the director of security for Lockheed-Martin, told me. "I'm not aware of any threats by foreign terrorists of any kind." His elite team of professionals, who protected one the world's largest defense contractors, had never heard of SBTC, either."

Det. Steve Thomas
    JonBenet: Inside the Murder Investigation
    Hard Cover Edition - Page 205

17. koldkase

Well, you may certainly be right, Karen. I do not claim I'm writing fact when trying to decipher the mind of the person who wrote that ransom note, and who then called 4 people over for a reason.

Here's my problem: all the things written in that note were not pulled out of random thoughts. They had a purpose, at least in the mind of the writer. Two and a half pages, with at least one other draft to get it just right? There was planning, IMO.

But it's moot anyhow. I just got onto my thought about the Lockheed Martin "bussiness" and that led me to have another go. Silly of me, I know.

18. koldkase

Thanks for bringing this up, Rat. And Mr. Lamoraux was not the only LM security executive who wondered why he never heard a peep about any kidnapping that morning: Norm Early also spoke about that in a discussion on TV which I saw on this case. Early worked in security for LM at the time and said this was not protocol.

19. Elle

Elle Member

With a little help from our friend "Little" RR

20. Elle

Elle Member

RiverRat:

"THREE CHEERS FOR STEVE THOMAS, RR!"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice