Pep Talk! 2012 is a Great Year for the Truth in the JonBenet Case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:laffbig: We're all growing older by the minute, Elle, and none of us is promised the next breath.

But it is what it is, and for whatever reason, we gotta' sit on our hands and fidget a little while longer....

Not to worry. If the worst should happen and one of us is not here in the flesh to PARTEE when the break comes, we'll have DeeDee dial you up in the the Netherworld and give you the news! :winko:

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I have to make a correction here. Reading again today, I see Haney circled back again to the question about Patsy seeing the heart on the hand. He in fact did try to nail her down on it. I've posted more on that in a new thread to continue looking at those interviews and evidence: I have questions....

I do hope they followed up with more on her still ambiguous answers because she changed her story and it still didn't make sense.

Since she was never arrested, though, I'd say guess not.

3. Karen

Karen Member

Did I miss this new news???

4. Elle

Elle Member

According to DeeDee, KK, O Cheerful One! JonBenét has moved on.:) I just hope I'm not shovelling coal into a fire!:)

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Nope, we're still waiting ... VERY patiently, I might add!!! :curses:

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Had a dream the night before last that Little told me some of the details about the news, but it was cryptic, ha! Something about Burke, but not real specific. Anyway, hopefully Tricia will let us know a little more soon.

7. Karen

Karen Member

I wonder if one of the Grand Jurors is writing a book or at least speaking out?

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I doubt that would be allowed. I know housekeeper LHP wanted to write a book about the case and it had something to do with her Grand Jury questioning and she was prevented (by a Judge) from doing it.
    There may be strict rules about jurors penning books on an UNsolved case.

9. Karen

Karen Member

Well I guess I have it backwards then because I thought the judge allowed them to speak. People were wondering why LHP didn't go ahead and write her book because of that but I thought it was because Lin Wood got to her.I'll have to look for that information again.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Oh, Thor. This is interesting! Send her an e-mail and tell her! [​IMG]
    Did you see letters of the alphabet or other shapes etc. etc. (?).

11. Thor

Thor Active Member

No Elle, nothing like that. I don't remember a lot of the details anyway. Just something about Burke, but nothing specific about what happened. I was supposed to guess on what Little was telling me haha!

Not sure why I dreamed it because I hadn't been thinking of this for awhile. I would love to hear from Tricia and see what is going on.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Oh, I don't think I can say any more in relation to this information deal. I stopped thinking about it, to be honest!

That was a strange dream you had. Maybe you will dream of the answer.
    [​IMG]

13. cynic

cynic Member

The first ruling went her way:

A federal judge Thursday gave grand-jury witnesses permission to talk about their secret testimony, prompting the Ramsey family's former housekeeper to declare that Patsy Ramsey killed her 6-year-old daughter.

Former Ramsey housekeeper Linda Hoffmann-Pugh, speaking publicly for the first time about her testimony before the Boulder County grand jury, told reporters Thursday:

* She thought Patsy Ramsey had killed JonBenet.

* The grand jury seemed to zero in on Patsy Ramsey, and she thought it would indict her.

* A Swiss Army knife was found in the basement room where JonBenet's body was found.

* "Only Patsy could have put that knife there. I took it away from Burke (JonBenet's older brother) and hid it in a linen closet near JonBenet's bedroom. An intruder never would have found it. Patsy would have found it getting out clean sheets."

* Pieces of rope were tied around JonBenet's neck and wrist when her body was discovered Dec. 26, 1996.

* The blanket wrapped around JonBenet's body had been left in the dryer. There was still a Barbie Doll nightgown clinging to the blanket, so it had to have come out of the dryer recently, she said. Only Patsy would have known it was in the dryer, she said.

* An intruder never would have found the door to the basement room where JonBenet's body was discovered. It was too difficult to see unless someone knew it was there, she said.

* Hoffmann-Pugh has never turned off her porch light since the death of JonBenet and won't until her killer is found.

* She believes Gov. Bill Owens should appoint a special prosecutor to the case.

WITNESSES

Witnesses who testified before the Ramsey grand jury include:

* Burke Ramsey, JonBenet's 14-year-old brother, by video

* John Andrew Ramsey and Melinda Ramsey Long, John Ramsey's adult children from previous marriage

* Lou Smit, former Colorado Springs homicide detective

* Susan Stine, friend of the Ramseys

* Ellis Armistead, investigator hired by the Ramseys Linda Arndt, former Boulder detective

* Craig Lewis, editor at "The Globe," was called to testify, but was exempted due to Fifth amendment and his defense in another related lawsuit. Witnesses who may have testified include:

* Glenn Stine, friend of the Ramseys

* Tom and Enid Schantz, owners of Rue Morgue Mystery Bookshop in Boulder

* Richard French, Boulder police officer

* Boulder police detectives Jim Byfield, Jane Harmer, Tom Trujillo, Michael Everett, Carey Weinheimer and Ron Gosage

* Steve Ainsworth, Boulder County sheriff's detective : Linda Hoffmann-Pugh said she believes the grand jury that investigated the beauty queen's death was focusing on the girl's mother.

U.S. District Judge Wiley Daniel ruled that two sections of the Colorado Rules of Criminal Procedure violate the prior-restraint protection of the First Amendment.

Afterward, Hoffmann-Pugh walked outside the federal courthouse in Denver and said she told the grand jury investigating the murder that she believes the beauty queen was killed by her mother, Patsy Ramsey.

"At first, I didn't want to believe that Patsy could do such a thing," said the 57-year-old Platteville resident, who now delivers newspapers. "I loved her. But as time went on, things came to me that made me think she did it. I want Patsy Ramsey tomorrow to look in the mirror and say to herself, "I killed JonBenet.'"

Hoffmann-Pugh challenged the state's rules, which forbid witnesses from repeating what they've told grand jurors unless an indictment or report is issued, in order to write a book about her experiences with the Ramsey family.

She said the grand jury focused almost exclusively on Patsy Ramsey. "It was almost all about Patsy, down to the underwear she had purchased from Bloomingdales," she said. "They wanted to know how she related to JonBenet. I felt in my heart they were going to indict Patsy."

She said she told the grand jury that Patsy had become very moody right before Christmas of 1996. "I think she had multiple personalities. She'd be in a good mood and then she'd be cranky. She got into arguments with JonBenet about wearing a dress or about a friend coming over. I had never seen Patsy so upset.

"I don't believe Patsy meant to kill her. I truly believe it was an accident that just continued," said Hoffmann-Pugh, who worked in the Ramsey house until three days before the slaying on Dec. 26, 1996, and testified before the grand jury in January 1999.

The Ramseys have maintained they had nothing to do with their daughter's death.

The grand jury adjourned in October 1999 after 13 months. No indictments were issued. The grand jury, and then-District Attorney Alex Hunter, never issued a report about its investigation.

Hoffmann-Pugh, whose efforts to change grand-jury rules were supported by the Ramseys, on Thursday handed out a packet of what she said were six handwriting experts' analyses of Patsy Ramsey's handwriting samples.

All six said it was highly probable that Patsy wrote the ransom note, which was found in the Ramsey house about six hours before the body was found in the basement, she said. Hoffmann-Pugh said she is convinced Patsy wrote the ransom note.

The Ramseys have never produced a written handwriting report, Hoffmann-Pugh said. "I had to give handwriting samples to the police. Why didn't she? I had to testify before the grand jury. Why didn't she?" Hoffmann-Pugh asked rhetorically. She testified for eight hours before the grand jury.

Her attorney, Darnay Hoffman, said a written handwriting report from the Ramseys "is the single most important piece of evidence that's still missing from this case. They only thing they've given is an oral report, an oral denial."

In the courtroom, Boulder Assistant District Attorney William Nagel argued that Colorado Criminal Procedure Rules 6.2 and 6.3 are very specific as to what can't be repeated outside the grand-jury room.

"Rule 6.3, the witness' oath, states "the testimony you are about to give ...' It's the testimony that can't be talked about publicly," he said. "The knowledge that was brought in to the grand-jury room can be spoken publicly.

"What can't be discussed is any information obtained as a result of testifying before the grand jury, any information obtained inside the jury room," he said. "They also cannot say, "That's what I told the grand jury'... or "That's what the prosecutor asked me' ... or "The grand jury focused on this.' That would be public disclosure of the grand-jury proceedings."

Daniel said 40 states as well as the federal government allow grand-jury witnesses to discuss their testimony. He said the U.S. Supreme Court in 1990 struck down a Florida law that prohibited witnesses from talking publicly about any testimony they might have given, even if the knowledge had been gained prior to taking the witness' oath.

Daniel called the state's argument "fallacious" and ruled that the state's grand-jury rules violate the First Amendment only as they pertain to witnesses talking about what they already knew.

He said the rules also violated the "prior restraint" protection of the First Amendment, which he called "the least tolerable violation" of the First Amendment.

Nagel said it was his duty as a prosecutor to appeal any decision that goes against state law, and that he would begin preparing an appeal.

The Ramseys' attorney, L. Linn Wood, reached in Atlanta, said the ruling was only a step in the right direction.

"I'm interested in any information about the truth of the grand-jury investigation," he said. "I want the whole truth as to why the grand jury did not indict John and Patsy Ramsey.

"This ruling doesn't sound like it goes far enough for the basis of a claim" to ask how the grand jury voted, he said.

"If the grand jury voted not to indict, I don't think (former District Attorney) Alex Hunter has the right to refuse to sign a no-true bill," he said. "If the grand jury voted not to indict ... clearly the Ramseys and the public have a right to know."

Wood said he is waiting for Hunter to return from a Hawaiian vacation to subpoena him to testify about any grand-jury votes. He says he expects Hunter to declare privilege against testifying, and that Wood will file a motion in court forcing him to testify.

http://www.rense.com/general11/benet.htm

Unfortunately, this was reversed on appeal and ended with the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case.

...the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit reversed the lower court decision and the Supreme Court refused to hear the case without comment.
    http://www.firstamendmentcoalition.org/handbook/cases/Hoffman-Pugh_v_Keenan.pdf

Also today, the Supreme Court:
    Refused to hear a case involving the former housekeeper for the JonBenet Ramsey family who has sought to tell about her grand jury testimony in a book.
    The justices, without comment, refused to consider Linda Hoffmann-Pugh's free-speech challenge of Colorado grand jury secrecy rules.
    Hoffmann-Pugh worked for John and Patsy Ramsey when their 6-year-old daughter was found strangled and beaten in the basement of their Boulder, Colo., home on Dec. 26, 1996. She testified before a grand jury that ended its term in 1999 without issuing an indictment, but is prohibited from disclosing details of the testimony.
    Hoffman-Pugh has written a book, The Death of an Innocent. But her attorney told the Court that the secrecy rules have interfered with the publishing of it. Colorado lawyers told justices in a filing that the former housekeeper could still publish a book about her experiences, she just can't reveal what she told the grand jury.

The case is Hoffman-Pugh v. Keenan, 03-661.
    http://archive.firstamendmentcenter.org/\news.aspx?id=12448

As it stands, LHP could write a book but she would not be able to reference anything involving her Grand Jury experience. In other words, she wouldn't be able to write a book because she would be unable to reveal anything, whatsoever, of interest.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for posting this cynic. Yes! Linda Hoffman-Pugh is stymied, for sure! [​IMG]

15. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

REPOST FROM THE START OF THE THREAD!!!!!!

That's right. 2012 is a great year for the truth in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

It is finally JonBenet's time.

In case you missed it;

Listen to this this edition of Websleuths Radio from March 18th 2012. I say a bit more about what is going to happen soon.

Start at 16:39.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/03/19/websleuths-radio

Yes, 2012 is going to be a great year for the truth oh yes it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  16. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Tricia, the link doesn't work!!! Now that you have me champing at the bit for more info, you have to FIX IT!!!

I did listen to your last show/video with Levi and you were fabulous as usual. You mentioned that truth was coming this year, and I said a silent prayer that it would come to pass.

ps So you're a brunette now? What did you do with that flowing blond mane??!!! Looking good either way, girl!

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Driver, I fixed the URL. It should work for you now. :)

18. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Oh come on Tricia. Enough with the teases. We all would like to know what it is that is coming and when. How will we know and where will we know what IT is when it finally comes? I got the can't hardly waits for what ever IT is!

19. rashomon

rashomon Member

The above quote is from April 8th/2012.
    It was announced to happen "soon" back then. It is now July. Can't wait!!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  20. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Ok Granted "Soon" may have been used too "Soon." LOL

But really it is going to be very very soon.

and as we say in Utah, "Oh My Flipping Heck" it is GOOOOOOOOD!!!!

It is what we have all be waiting for. The truth. The absolute truth.

And the truth shall set us all free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice