John Ramsey reveals why the “intruder†hasn’t been caught.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, May 17, 2012.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Interesting, Why Nut. I mean, if he wants to use a metaphor for a child molester who so brutally murdered his daughter, why not "monster"? Too strong for him?

I think you're right and his use of "creature" is a way of distancing himself from responsibility, but I think it also distances the actual killer from responsibility, as well.

If John knows who that killer is, and if it's someone closely related to JonBenet, which I believe both of those are true, calling this person a killer or murderer every time they were being interviewed for publication, including in their own books, would be a slap in the face each time to the person/persons trying to forget that oh...I MURDERED JONBENET.

It is weird, Thor. Yet another oddball thing the Ramseys came up with in their ever-expanding Ramseyverse of BS.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. whitewitch1

whitewitch1 Senior Member

Definitely food for thought.

3. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Food for thought indeed Why_Nut. A killer is one who needs punishing. a creature isn't really a bad term. We have creatures who live in the woods or forests and survive quite nicely. The name creature doesn't mean they need to be captured and/or punished. I guess in JR's mind that is as mean as he can come to the killer without giving it all away.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

http://www.cnn.com/US/9701/11/slain.girl.update/transcript.html

Aired January 1, 1997

RAMSEY, P: And if anyone knows anything, please, please help us. For the safety of all of the children, we have to find out who did this.

RAMSEY, J: Not because we're angry, but because we have got to go on.

Less than a week after JonBenet's lifeless body was found, John went on national television to say he and Patsy were not angry at the "creature" who invaded their home and was supposedly responsible for JonBenet's murder.

--------------------

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/jon031800b.htm

March 18 (2001)

John Ramsey also explains the date of death on JonBenet's grave - Dec. 25, 1996: "I selected December 25 because I didn't want the world to ever forget what it did to our daughter on the day of joy and peace, Christmas Day."

In this quote, John blames "the world" for killing JonBenet.

So is "the world" the nebulous "creature" who John and Patsy could not be angry at for murdering their daughter?

--------------------

Why is it so hard for John and Patsy to actually place the blame for JonBenet's death on a person? Instead, they call it a "creature," or "the world." That is classic psycholinguistic distancing from what they know is the truth.

As Why_Nut said, calling JonBenet's killer a person gives them flesh and blood and makes them real; maybe too real, as in a close family member. It is better to keep throwing out the shadowy and ill-defined intruder "creature," aka "the world," who could be anyone and everyone at the same time.

A person can write fake ransom notes and stage a fake crime scene, and that's getting a little bit too close to home in a home where four people were present and only three came out alive.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  5. cynic

cynic Member

He's going to have to learn to keep his story straight.

At first my prayers were based on intense anger and a desire for revenge. The Bible tells us not to repay evil with evil. That was exactly what I had in mind. I knew if I found this faceless creature, I was very capable of tearing him from limb to limb and I would have no remorse. For a long time, I told friends, you put me in a room with this monster and in sixty minutes there would be no need for a trial. I needed that much time to make sure he suffered before he died.
    The Other Side of Suffering, John Ramsey, page 172

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  6. Cherokee

No kidding!!!

John stated six days after JonBenet's death (1997) that he wasn't angry at her killer; now he says he had intense anger!

John stated in DOI (2001) he wanted the "the world" to remember what it did to JonBenet as her murderer; now her killer is a "creature" and a "monster"!

But then, the Ramseys were never able to keep their stories straight. Why should John start now?

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Nice...

How nice it must be to be sooooo Special to God that he holds off revealing who killed your child ~ unlike the majority of victim's families that God chooses to slam the facts right in their faces & hearts with the truth!!!

Yeah Right, Liar...

For me, the Creature has Always been the unstable side of Patsy that was CREATED out of the experiMENTAL cancer treatments she underwent to hold Stage FOUR cancer at bay. The Ramseys have always helped support my belief with their actions and words so I see no need to be thinking otherwise!

This is all beyond disgusting to me and I am surprised that I still hold on to a small sliver of hope but I have a very hard time accepting that such blatant Lies and Horrendous bad acting was all that was necessary to get away with the murder of a six year old child. SHAME, Shame, shame...

RR

8. Elle

Elle Member

Another way to look at the Ramsey description "faceless creature" could be to put everyone off the track of thinking it was family related and they wouldn't be saying "faceless creature" if it had been someone in their own family! (?)

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

The "world" didn't do this to JB. Her family did.

10. Cherokee

Absolutely right.

11. cynic

cynic Member

Here is a story about how the Ramseys helped find Elizabeth Smart. (I bet you didn't know that.) If only they could have used their powers to secure the capture of the “intruder.” I suppose they could have, but as John has told us elsewhere, he wasn't/isn’t spiritually ready and God is preventing the capture in order to spare him the trauma. It’s all pretty complicated, LOL.

Patsy was at a weekend prayer retreat in Florida focused on healing, and as they prayed intensely the last day of the meeting, Patsy suddenly felt a strong urge to pray for Elizabeth Smart. So strong was the feeling that she interrupted the group and asked them to pray for Elizabeth. The group prayed that she would be found, asking God to open the way for the authorities to find her. The next day Patsy came home from the retreat and I mentioned, “Did you hear about Elizabeth Smart?”
    She was all ears, “No. What happened?”
    “She was found alive and well yesterday.”
    [SNIP]
    Patsy and her group of prayer warriors could have been praying for Elizabeth at the very moment she was found.

The Other Side of Suffering, John Ramsey, pages 129 - 130

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

They could have been making spaghetti or planting flowers too, better yet, they could have been trying to find that ole elusive intruder - you know - something productive!
    :beat:

13. tweezybird

tweezybird Member

I hope I did the quote thingy right. This absolutely makes me want to throw up.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Forgive me cynic for replying with Whoopedoo!

15. heymom

heymom Member

Oh. My. God. He isn't really implying that Patsy and her "group of prayer warriors" had caused Elizabeth Smart to be found! I mean, really???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice