Linda Arndt

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Karen

Karen Member

Actually if she were to write a pro Ramsey book I would also like to read it. I have my mind made up but I won't refuse to listen to other points of view. It's the little things I'd like to hear from her perspective. Like what was it really like to be in the house alone with all those people who weren't cooperating and other things she observed about that morning that haven't been made public yet. Yep I would read it no matter what.

2. Little

Little Member

I would love it if all the true insiders would come out with a book.

Little

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Wasn't there another woman who was going to write a book on this case? She was on the Boulder Sexual Assault Team or something like that? Was her name Holly Smith? I may be wrong about this, but I ran into an article again on her the other day. Let me see if I can find it again.

Oh, here it is. Don't have the url, so the mods will have to give me three days in the bilge.

4. AMES

AMES Member

Sounds like you are hurrying him up...LOL

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I can't bring myself to read DOI; I have read just about every other book on the case. If Arndt wrote a book, I'd read it, even if it was pro-R.
    Yes, I, too, would love to read anything written by any of the R friends who were called to the home that morning. I's REALLY love to read what housekeeper LHP has to say; I now she tried to write a book, but was stopped by the R lawyers. I don't know how- anyone has the right to write a book, especially about public case. As long as what she writes was either her opinion of the truth, she can't be stopped. The RST can sue (as they did with ST) or threaten to sue, but if she's not printing lies, they can't stop her. But someone like LHP wouldn't have the financial resources to defend herself legally, so that would be a deterrent right there. That's a good example of how wealth can prevent someone from being held accountable for a serious crime and at the same time, stop the less wealthy from being heard.

6. Karen

Karen Member

Hi DeeDee, I think the reason she canceled her book was because she would have to write what she testified to in the Grand Jury and she's not allowed to talk about it. So, no book. I think she even went to court to get them to drop the secrecy so she could write about her experiences but they said no. That is probably the resaon Linda A. hasn't come out with her book. It would be very hard for somone who testified at the Grand Jury to write a book and actually say anything interesting that anyone might want to read. Thats JMO.

Oh and you've just GOT to read DOI. It's a very important piece of this puzzle. It will blow you away! (you don't have to buy it, I can send you mine.)

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

What a kind offer. Actually, they have it in my local Barnes & Nobel. But I won't spend good money on it; I'll just have a frappachino in the cafe while I read a chapter at a time when I make my weekly visit to the store.

8. heymom

heymom Member

Look for it in thrift stores and used book stores, or garage sales. I frequently find copies of all the books about JonBenet in Half Price Books. In fact, if anyone needs another copy of PMPT, or Steve's book, I can watch out for one. Usually about $6 or less.

9. AMES

AMES Member

Actually the Judge has given the witnesses permission to speak about their secret testimony.

http://www.rense.com/general11/benet.htm

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

When was that written? Recently? I hope so- I can't wait to see what comes out of it.

11. AMES

AMES Member

No, not recently. It was written June 6, 2001. I just found it over at Topix, so I imagine that the posters that post here and also over there...read about it 7 years ago!

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I thought that date at the top indicated 2001...so in the past 7 years no one has taken the judge up on that. The R lawyers must have gotten to every person on that Grand Jury. They've already gotten to LHP.

13. AMES

AMES Member

I know..that is just strange. Looks like someone would have taken him up on that, long before now. I believe that the Ramsey's have and still have...."people". If you know what I mean...

14. Karen

Karen Member

Thank you Ames. I didn't know about that. Well the the only answer has to be that because the Ramseys sue everyone who writes a book and win, except for the FOX suit, it has intimidated everyone. Linn Wood is a bully and he threatens everyone. I remember once Dominic Dunn wouldn't even discuss the Ramsey case on LKL because he said they're just suing everybody. I don't know legal things but I wonder if JR wins the election would he then not be able to sue someone for writing a book about the case?

15. AMES

AMES Member

You are welcome. Yep...I agree...I think that everybody is just afraid of being sued.

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It's the THREAT of being sued thats stops people, too. I was under the impression that you can't be sued for saying or writing anything that is true. So my guess would be that, as the only eyewitness(s) were also the killer/stager(s) that no one can really say or write the whole truth, but only opinions (which are also protected). Unless someone states a complete lie, even of they were sued, they'd win the case, but of course, at their own-possibly great- expense.

17. AMES

AMES Member

I am under that impression too, or else every single newspaper or news show in the US, could be sued for just printing or reporting the truth.

18. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Actually, you can be sued for most anything. If you do not respond, the person who sues can get a "judgement" against you. So, you either respond by settling or getting a lawyer to fight the suit. I assume this is no great deterrent to a newspaper, magazine, TV network, etc., but could be for an individual that has little money.

In response to something said earlier about Linda giving info to the Ramsey lawyers, I don't know what she gave them of value, but I do know that according to the FBI the DA and his merry men continually gave the Ramsey lawyers information that LE never gives to lawyers of suspects. I believe some of these people later went to work for the Ramsey lawyers.

19. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

It just makes me want to :puke:

20. heymom

heymom Member

I just looked this up on Youtube again. Linda Arndt was completely certain who committed JonBenet's murder. It's rather hard to argue with this.

Linda Arndt speaks about being there when John brought JonBenet's body up from the basement

She was really the first person to see John with JonBenet's body. She says they had a non-verbal exchange while bending over the body. I wonder what John was communicating...A threat?

How could she be wrong - of course she didn't know about the head blow at that point. She did not suspect Patsy the same way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice