Jim Kolar – 45 minute video discussing the JonBenet Ramsey Case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, Dec 3, 2012.

1. cynic

cynic Member

Hey KK,
    The problem with doing a direct comparison is that we need a known measurement in the modeling picture of JonBenet since we don't have a photo evidence ruler in the picture, (as we do in the crime scene and autopsy photos,) to give us an idea of how far apart those marks are.
    I see that in a later post you have a full shot which does have wood that we can safely make assumptions with regard to, and use that to give us scale. I will use the 2' x 8" wood that she appears to be standing on for scale and work from that premise.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. Elle

Elle Member

i hear you KK and I do remember. This is a beautiful photo of young Jonbenét. Thank you for posting this. Sad she never got the chance to become a teenager. It's good you and cynic find the time to post these and keep this case before the public. Thank you and cynic for all your efforts here!

3. Elle

Elle Member

Hello OP4U Nice to see you here. It's obvious you're well acquainted with a few of the posters here. They do work hard at keeping JonBenét's case open.

4. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

Thank you Elle_1! A lot of people here, INCLUDING YOURSELF, were/will dedicate their time, brains and hearts in the memory of JonBenet. I'm looking forward to assist you all.

5. Elle

Elle Member

This is the only web site I post on om4u. Please call me Elle. The _1 was added by Moderator Moab due to some problems of signing in. I keep meaning to ask her if _1 could be removed now.

Moab, could we please try Elle again!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  6. otg

otg Member

:bow: Cynic, thank you for all your trouble trying to share the library video with us, and especially all the graphics illustrating just how ridiculous the "stun gun theory" is (Actually, we should use the word "was" instead of "is", because that red herring should be put to rest once and for all.).

And welcome to FFJ, OpenMind4U. It's nice to see you posting here. You'll find this to be a nice place to hang your hat, and you'll find the posters here very civil and knowledgeable. But watch what you say... there is this one frightening little pooch who smokes cigars and packs heat. Moab the Menacing strikes fear in the hearts of those who step out of line. And then there are the "fruit bomb baskets" you have to watch out for too. Oh, and did I mention the :pirate:s and :viking:s? No? Oh, well. But other than that....

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

And she keeps telling you unless you want all your posts to go poof - No...and she is sorry!

And since when did I become Moderator Moab, Hmmm? Huh? well?...tap tap tap...I thought I was just your friend Moab...sniff sniff....:pout::pout::pout:

8. Elle

Elle Member

Aw Moab,
    Forgive me for being a Senior Senior. Truthfully, Moab I don't think I paid enough attention to this fact that all would be lost. You are a valued young friend to me. Always have been! I will shut my face right now, and you won't hear another word. As long as the posters just call me Elle.
    Love you! Elle ((((hugs)))) :rose:

9. Elle

Elle Member

Nice to see you dropping in otg. Hope your wife is much better now.
    Missed seeing you here!

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Brilliant work, cynic, as always.

Also, you clever pirate you, to think of the boards for measurement comparison! I'm completely impressed!

Now, just to make sure it's not too easy--heh--what I really want to do is see the train tracks from the basement floor, shown in the video, compared to these marks.

HA! Yeah, that's a challenge, don't you think?

I spent a considerable amount of time yesterday trying to get a clearer screen capture of those same train tracks. I would swear I can see TWO PRONGS on either of the outside tracks, but I had little luck with clarifying from the video.

Then I spent some time looking at objects in the video from that area which could be compared to the tracks. Again, tough assignment. There's a child's book, it appears, nearby, but I can't read the title. It seems like there's a terrier type dog and some writing, but the best guess I can come up with is that it looks like "Barbie"? Maybe not, just a general guess based on the one letter that looks visible, which appears to be a "B" in the font of Barbie from that period?

Anyway, looking at those tracks on the floor, I sincerely want to get a measurement and a reasonably accurate comparison with those marks on the child's back.

Which my be impossible or even unrelated. We don't know what models of trains Burke owned in his life at that home; so we don't know what tracks may have been available to him or anyone else who was in the house at whatever point in time.

But it did occur to me that it was an experiment worth considering. Kolar said the tracks were not collected; but the case file videos and photos are clearer than what we have, so I sincerely hope someone bothered to make these comparisons with those photos, if at ALL possible.

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Good grief! Pyrates and Vikings and whiny moderators...OH MY! Not to mention a Small Southern Faction! This place is a MESS!

And we LOVE IT that way! :cheering:

12. Elle

Elle Member

I have a nice suggestion for you and cynic KK. Why don't you both get together and open your own Detective Agency.

KKCYNIC [​IMG]

Detective Agency

Attached Files:

13. Elle

Elle Member

I'm sure all the other posters will agree with me that we do have two wonderful sleuths in cynic and KK. I tried to delete one pair of handcuffs
    and failed. :(

14. cynic

cynic Member

This particular tenet of Smit’s imaginings is one that I take particular pleasure in slamming because, like you, I find it so incredibly preposterous, but like a bad rash it keeps coming back.

15. wombat

wombat Member

Cynic, I think it might be a 2X6. The rail she has her hand on is a 2X4, and the planks don't look much wider than that. Not sure.

For your analysis, if you don't have this:

2X4 = 1-1/2 in. by 3-1/2 in
    2X6 = 1-1/2 in. by 5-1/2 in
    2X8 = 1-1/2 in by 7-1/4 in

Have fun!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  16. cynic

cynic Member

Is that all? You are a cruel taskmaster. :whipit:

17. cynic

cynic Member

Thanks wombat, I'll be working on it tomorrow.
    You may well be right.

18. cynic

cynic Member

Thanks Elle, but certain security concerns would make any close business collaboration difficult. You just never know when “someone†would want to “drop†a “fruit basket†by so I am unable to stray too far from “home.â€

[​IMG]

19. cynic

cynic Member

Just checked it, couldn't wait.
    It is definitely a 2 x 6.
    Thanks wombat!

20. wombat

wombat Member

You're welcome. I look forward to your Project Report. I'm going to go have some vino now! :glug:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice