Jim Kolar – 45 minute video discussing the JonBenet Ramsey Case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, Dec 3, 2012.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

If I could have my preferences, no child would ever be abused or murdered.

I wonder if any of the kids who played at the Ramsey home or with their children ever saw anything like this before.

Remember Judith Phillips daughter wrote that "letter to JB" which was published by a tab, in which she described Burke chasing them into a bathroom after they teased him over a videogame?

It makes me wonder how many people do know the truth in this case, but have kept silent because they don't want to be sued, and the good old DA's Club of Colorado have made it clear they'll go after them one way or another--remember Doc Miller's trial? How Hunter smeared the entire White family with his well-placed innuendo?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. koldkase

It would be a question for Burke, wouldn't it? Guess it might be helpful to the investigation to ask him about this; but of course, without Hunter or Lacy to keep the Ramseys updated on the latest evidence, Burke seems to have "declined" the BPD request for an interview a couple of years ago.

That's what Lin Wood said, wasn't it?

3. cynic

cynic Member

Hey KK, here it is - from 10 years ago:

Dear JonBenet:

I have been missing your for six years now, and seeing your face on television and sometimes in the papers. We had such happy times together - in your pink bedroom, in your garden, all through your house.
    Do you remember how my mom taught us, at the Boulder Salad place, when we were spooning the ice cream into our cones to tap the cones halfway through to make the ice cream sink so we could get more in? That was the last time we saw each other and it was such a good time.
    I sure wish you were with me now that we're teenagers. Even when I knew you, you were never just this little kid running around. You always had plans, some project or other, something to do. I was never bored when I was with you.
    Now, we could hang out on campus and look at what the college girls are wearing...There's another mall to go to now, too, as big as a town in itself with its own streets.
    Remember when we'd tease your brother all the time?
    "Let's go bother Burke," you'd say. And so we would go in his room , where he was playing his Nintendo endlessly and unplug his computer. And then he would say "Heck, I was at the highest level!" And we would run away, go in your bathroom and lock the door, and he would be banging on it and we would be giggling behind it.
    The last time I saw him (Burke) we were at Dougie's house and he was so sad and grieving and hardly could talk from missing you. I wanted to hug him, but I couldn't.
    The last year you had a pink Christmas tree in your room... You would be great at team sports because you always got along with everybody.
    I know you loved your life and I loved your life too. And knowing how much you loved yours, I must love mine the more.

Love forever,
    Your friend,
    Lindsey

Globe, December 17, 2002

4. heymom

heymom Member

Somehow, this just doesn't seem like the Burke we know...

5. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you KK and cynic for discussing and posting this beautiful letter from Linsey Phillips to JonBenét. What lovely thoughts coming from JonBenét's friend when they were both very young, but pulling the plug on Burke's computer must have made him angry for sure!

6. fr brown

fr brown Member

But who made the determination that it was O gauge? Harry Stephens? What criteria did he use? Was it made from the video?

On that same page Kolar says he was an HO guy, suggesting that he himself was unfamiliar with O gauge.

7. cynic

cynic Member

My impression, and that’s all it is, is that it was Harry Stephens, but Kolar has never revealed anything in any subsequent interviews that would shed further light on the matter, and your questions, specifically.
    If I have an opportunity to speak to Kolar again, and time permits, I will see if I can coax some further details from him on the issue.

8. cynic

cynic Member

Kolar does state that he was “an HO-3 man,” but that does not necessarily mean that he didn't recognize O gauge, or that he was unfamiliar with it, but simply that it was not what he used as a child.
    As an analogy, an exotic car enthusiast might be a “Ferrari man,” and drive a Ferrari, but it wouldn’t necessarily follow that he would be unable to recognize various models of Lamborghini or Maserati. In all likelihood, he would be able to give you the specifications of each and tell you why Ferrari is his choice.

9. cynic

cynic Member

If the whole account is to be believed, I would say that Lindsey mistook cold and detached for "sad and grieving."
    Compare:
    The last time I saw him (Burke) we were at Dougie's house and he was so sad and grieving and hardly could talk from missing you. I wanted to hug him, but I couldn't.
    With:
    Boulder Police investigators, interested in a first-person account of what had transpired in Atlanta, interviewed Kaempfer on the evening of her return from Georgia. She described Burke as being a “very withdrawn little boyâ€, who didn’t care much for hugs and would “rather you leave him alone.â€
    James Kolar, Foreign Faction: Who really kidnapped JonBenet? page 352

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I agree, Cynic. We had a friend who was a model train hobbyist, and he was an expert on both the O and HO gauges of trains and tracks. He had started collecting with the larger O gauge, because that's what he'd had as a child, but later he switched to HO because the smaller size lent itself to more believeable dioramas. Most people who are model train enthusiasts will know, and recognize, the different gauges and track configurations. You kind of HAVE to know about it because when you want to buy additions for your trains, you need to be sure to get the right scale.

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

That was exactly what I thought when I was reading Lindsey's letter this time. Knowing what we know now about Burke, it put her words in a different perspective.

12. heymom

heymom Member

Exactly. "So sad and grieving" could be re-stated as "Emotionless and distant." "I wanted to hug him, but I couldn't," because someone like him does not invite nor welcome hugs.

13. fr brown

fr brown Member

I don't know what Kolar meant by what he said. I think that's one of the pitfalls of self-publishing. The author knows what he means and the friend who's reading the book may know what he's getting at, but the intended audience doesn't.

14. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I don't understand what self-publishing has to do with interpreting what was said. Help me please fr brown?

15. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for posting this cynic. This is a very nice well written letter by
    Lindsey. I have read it before and I can't help but feel young Burke was
    teased far too much by these two little girls, not knowing what the end result
    may well be, because of it (?). One would have thought Patsy and John Ramsey would have been aware of this behaviour from JonBenét and Lyndsey, and intervened now-n-then(?). I wonder if they were ever questioned about this(?).

16. Elle

Elle Member

I will be interested in fr brown's answer too, Moab!

17. fr brown

fr brown Member

We're talking about this sequence of statements on p. 384 of Kolar's book: "It was a single piece of "O" gauge style train track [sent to Kolar by Harry Stephens], the same model of train and track depicted in the crime scene video of the basement play room....'I was an HO-3 man....'" (HO is half as wide as O and has two rails rather than three.)

I think it was koldkase who thought to ask how Kolar and Stephens decided on the gauge of track and train since neither was collected. That started me thinking. Did they talk about it being O gauge while they were watching the video? If so, what about the train and/or track made them think it was O? To me, the track I saw in the video looked like it had two rails. Naturally I went to Kolar's book for the answers and, as far as I can tell, they aren't there. Kolar thinks that his O gauge discovery is very significant so not giving his readers the entire picture must be an oversight.

A professional fact checker might go through a book line by line and get an author to justify his statements. That can only produce a better book. (I'm sure a self-publishing author could hire a fact checker, but I doubt if that happened in this case.)

(My personal view: I don't think that with all of Kolar's postulated jabbing, poking and twisting, the object even needs to be two-pronged. Why couldn't a single-pronged object be picked up, moved an inch and twisted and jabbed again? "Two-prongedness" seems to be a sticky residue from the discredited stun gun hypothesis. The fit of the O gauge track with the back marks strikes me as less than perfect anyway. So whether or not Burke had O anything isn't that interesting to me.)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Is this the video that Kolar refers to having pulled because it revealed more than he was ready to address?! He mentions this on the new interview with Tricia.

19. koldkase

Yes. I wonder if the info that was "accidently" revealed was the mention of the two "filings" requested by Beckner with two DAs, both denied, Kolar stated?
    (If that's it, sorry Chief, I'm a rogue and not letting any info get away once it's in my head.)

It's funny, but it was so late when I watched that video that night, I almost didn't. Then I thought, koldkase, you KNOW how these things have a habit of disappearing shortly after they're posted or aired...HA! Good thing cynic also knows how this works. :clap:

Yes, Geraldo taught me well.... (His nighttime crime show aired the enhanced 911 tape back '99 or so, and then poof! Erased from all memory and record somehow overnight!

Except mine, of course. :pout:

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

And mine!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice