In-Depth Discussion of Kolar's Book "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jul 20, 2012.

1. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, that is what I suspect, that his DNA was ALL OVER the crime scene but since he was 9 years old, he was protected from prosecution. Then I ask myself, "If John and Patsy knew that, why did they go to such an extent to cover up the incident?" Maybe they didn't believe their lawyer(s)? Maybe they didn't get a chance to speak with one of the lawyers during the night? Or maybe Patsy knew that Burke would be put into protective custody at least, even if he couldn't be imprisoned. Maybe Burke's psychiatrist had warned her, or told her that Burke was on his way to being rehabilitated, and she was trying to keep him out of the system...

I'm wondering if Burke did most of what happened that night. Except for the note, of course, and that can be explained by Patsy coming on the scene in the early morning hours. Burke's question on the phone call, "But what DID you find?" could mean he either disassociated during the crime, or that he was playing innocent and didn't know if they had actually found JonBenet's body. Plus, if Patsy undertook to write the "ransom" note while Burke went to bed, then he would have been confused - he hadn't left any ransom note. The way he reacted to JonBenet's death - as described by Kolar and documented by photographs of the funeral - is not normal. To extinguish his sister from a drawing he was asked to do only a few days after her death? Really shocking. He even discussed the means of her death which at that point, no one knew. Yet he could not be touched through the legal system.

If Patsy and John confused Burke by telling him that JonBenet had been the victim of an attempted kidnapping, then he may have grown up believing that he did NOT kill her after all (not that he necessarily even KNEW he had finally killed her) so in his mind, he would have nothing to confess. Thus, people who think Burke should "come clean" are going to wait for a very long time.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Good thinking, heymom! Haven't read anything like this before in anyone's posts. It's worth discussing!

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Yes it would be. DNA can last thousands of years IF undisturbed. Unfortunately, BR's DNA was, I believe, "touch DNA" which is skin cells. This means they are on the SURFACE of the fabric, and not actually blended into it, as would be the case if it were a liquid, like blood, semen, urine, saliva. The skin cells are so easily transferred that if the nightie was handled improperly, the DNA may have been lost.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, DeeDee!

5. heymom

heymom Member

6. Elle

Elle Member

When our weather changes for the better, heymom, and one can sit in the garden - not for a few months here, that's for sure :( I will get back to reading Kolar's book.

7. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Oh yeah!

I knew y'all would be chewing over this book (and my goodness, chew you did). My local library had this one and I read it in no time flat. Unbelievable!

8. Elle

Elle Member

Must be great to be young! I have a sprained thumb at the moment and it's awkward holding a book, but the truth of the matter is I'm in a rut! Three cheers for my computer. This is where all my reading is done.

More power to all you young yins! I'll just enjoy reading whatever y'all post relating to this case.

Thanking all my FFJ posters for all you have contributed over the years to the JonBenét case.

Thank you Tricia for giving us all the chance by having this terrific site. It is an honour/honor to be a member here, although many posters have vanished.

9. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Aw, you're lovely :rose:

And ditto! I've caught up with some of the more recent posts and y'all still have it. :justice:

10. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

The glass shard on the window sill is most likely the one Fleet White said he picked up and placed up there.

11. Elle

Elle Member

When I first came here Ayeka, I was fascinated by all the different identities or "hats" as they were once called. Yours did stand out![​IMG]

Have a nice Christmas.

12. Elle

Elle Member

cynic,

I'm having trouble finding the thread where you posted some broadcasts (?).

13. cynic

cynic Member

14. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, cynic. It's probably my computer acting up! Hope you get a rest and enjoy Christmas. [​IMG] Have a good one. Thank you for all the interesting posts.

15. cynic

cynic Member

Kolar spreading the word…

JonBenet Ramsey Homicide: Lessons Learned
    The Ralston Police Department and the Police Chief’s Association of Nebraska are proud to offer this FREE TRAINING opportunity will take an inside look into the investigation of this homicide and lessons learned.
    (Training is restricted to Law Enforcement and current Prosecutors only.)
    June 25, 2014
    9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.

Chief James Kolar, a former lead investigator in the case and author of Foreign Faction - Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, reveals startling new evidence that heretofore had only been seen by a select few. He presents an entirely new perspective for the events leading up to JonBenet's murder on Christmas day, 1996.
    The presentation is law enforcement sensitive and concluding remarks will address the issue of 'lessons learned' in hopes that mistakes made in the investigation of this case will not be
    repeated by other public safety agencies.
    http://www.nletc.state.ne.us/pdfs/homicide.pdf

16. otg

otg Member

I've been checking occasionally for some kind of a leak on someone's blog, or a news report somewhere, something about the "startling new evidence that heretofore had only been seen by a select few". So far -- nothing. If anyone hears anything, please pass it on. From the advert:

"Chief James Kolar, a former lead investigator in the case and author of Foreign Faction - Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, reveals startling new evidence that heretofore had only been seen by a select few. He presents an entirely new perspective for the events leading up to JonBenet's murder on Christmas day, 1996. The presentation is law enforcement sensitive and concluding remarks will address the issue of 'lessons learned' in hopes that mistakes made in the investigation of this case will not be repeated by other public safety agencies."​

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hey, otg. It's always good to see you.

That could be read as "heretofore" being before Kolar published his book. It also could be info he shares only with LE which he didn't put in the book, as well. I haven't heard anything, but as we all know, there are still unanswered questions about evidence, questions which in fact do have answers but the public at large has not had access to them.

Just Team Ramsey. :kmg:

18. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Patsy was the one with the big reveal.

During The ENQUIRER interview, Patsy admitted she considered and rejected the possibility that John was sexually abusing JonBenet. She openly admitted that during her struggle to defeat ovarian cancer between 1993 and 1994, John and Patsy's sex life suffered. She totally rejects the notion of John abusing JonBenet, but her reasoning is odd.

She said her mother "came to take care of the kids (when I had cancer). She slept in the other bed in JonBenet's room. I mean, if John was coming in to molest JonBenet, you know that's not going to happen 'cause Grandma was right there every night."

Nedra was not there Xmas night 1996; therefore, John...

19. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

JonBenet provided him life and energy when he was surrounded by death. For John, she was safe and guaranteed not to die on him, like Patsy almost did.

20. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Kolar didn't account for one end of the track making a 2/16" x 1/16" abrasion and the other end making a 2/16" x 3/16" abrasion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice