Let's exonerate Patsy..

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by 1000 Sparks, Jul 1, 2006.

1. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

It seems that now that Patsy's dead a lot more folks are getting some balls and speaking out about how they really feel.

Even Candy seems to have picked up some shadow of a notion of autonomy.

2. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Exonerate Patsy? Let Me Count The Ways.

Exonerate Patsy?

Let's be honest here. In those first hours when concern had heightened and focused their senses on the dire task at hand, Patsy and John performed flawlessly. Their parental juices were flowing immediately, and focused clearly upon the safety and security of their family. They took all of the steps that any fool in a similar situation would know to take. Even Barney Fife would have known what to do in these circumstances.

1. They looked in on Burke to see if he was in bed, and investigated closer to verify that he was breathing and uninjured.

2. They woke up Burke and asked whether he heard or saw anything.

3. They took the critical step to keep Burke CLOSE ... safe ... not isolated, asleep, and alone in his bedroom when the possibility of an intruder existed.

4. They tell the cops the truth about the fact that Burke had been awake at the time of the 911 call.

5. They called friends and neighbors to see whether they had heard from JonBenet ... and to enlist their help when and IF they or the police deemed it necessary.

Oops! They didn't do ANY of those things. But I'm sure that there are plenty of other reasons to exonerate Patsy. Hmmm ...

YumYum

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I don't believe the Ramsey account of what happened that morning - but I blame John for that. I think he felt that they were above the police - substantiated by the fact that he felt "insulted" at being routinely investigated. I think John decided what the police needed to know and expected them to get on with it - on his say so.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Yes. I do see your point here, KK, and you are right, a lot of information does come out. I'm letting my anger run away with me here. I was more controlled this morning watching it, and I did hear Larry quickly mumble something about about them writing their book, but Gawd dammit John Ramsey doesn't let him finish, but I suppose Larry has to wear kid gloves, and be diplomatic. It's too bad the BPD helped bolster their lies.

I should add D.A. Hunter should have charged Patsy Ramsey, and the woos didn't have the courage to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2006
  5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

One of my favorite Ramseyisms is when Patsy tells us she was too shaken to read beyond the first few sentences on page one of a 3 page ransom note and then admits in her book she was able to tell the 911 operator the note was signed by SBTC. (John was in the hallway reading the note on his hands and knees.)

Either Patsy was involved or psychic.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Like this?
    :eek:

Pick on me next, please and thank you!!! It's been soooooooo long, so Bee Gentile with me!

RR

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Hell, no, I won't exonerate Patsy Ramsey. She's at least guilty of writing the ransom note and helping to cover up the circumstances of her daughter's death.

To those who think she wouldn't cover for John, oh yes, she would. If JR said to her, honey, I accidentally killed the kid, But, look at it this way - if I get convicted, life as you've known it will end. The lawyers will take all the money, you will have to go to work to support Burke and yourself, your family will have to stop leaching off us, Burke will be humiliated and have to grow up poor, no more designer clothes for you, no more going all out at Christmas time, no more throwing big parties, no more socializing with the rich and famous, no more beautiful homes to live in...

Of all of those reasons, I believe it would have been the humiliation of both Burke and herself that would have led Patsy to help John stage the crime scene; that is, if she didn't commit the murder herself.

And, I'm not convinced she didn't.

8. Aurora

Aurora Member

The Truth

Funny thing about the truth...it never changes. Rams changed their stories to fit evidence. Their lawyers were paid .....to keep them out of jail...plain and simple. As you recall on Larry King... Steve Thomas got Patsy to admit that whomever wrote the ramson note....KILLED JONBENET. We know that is her writing and she denied it and changed her handwriting after the murder.

My husband knows someone that knows the sheriff in Charlevoix. The sheriff had to let detectives in the Ramsey house in Charlevoix after the murder to take a bunch of samples of Patsy's handwriting.

Patsy has been dead a week and she would be no less dead had she died in prison. The only way this will be solved is now that she is dead .....is some one coming forward to unburden their conscience with their shared knowledge of what really happened.

I feel the inner circle of the family knows the truth. Wasn't it John's son from his previous marriage that said (after finding out how brutally his half sister was murder)...he only wanted forgiveness for the killer. *not a normal reaction ....at all!!*

Oh and Jayelles... You spoke about her sense of style. Yeah....like she ever wore the same outfit twice....BEFORE the murder. *LOL*

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I thought she was stylish ... but then I'm just a fuddy duddy who wins Ugly Competitions.

10. Cookie

Cookie Member

Exonerate Patsy

No, No , Never, Never, Uh, Uh, Uh!

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, my favorite part about this "note on the staircase, read three lines and you KNOW it's a REAL KIDNAPPING" story is that Patsy is busy getting ready to leave town, hasn't even had her coffee yet, sees a note on the stairs and JUMPS OVER IT, landing deftly on the rung below it like the gymnastic wonder she was, reads three lines in a very childish handwriting...AND IMMEDIATELY KNOWS THAT AN INTRUDER HAS TAKEN HER BABY!

No...I don't think so.... Neither she nor John even thought to get Burke up and say, were you playing a joke here? Do you know anything about this? Have you heard anything?

I've always thought, from the first I learned about this case, that if I awoke and found someone had entered my home, taken my child, and left such a note, especially in such a large home, I'd have been in the closet with my son and the phone calling 911, while my husband would have been searching the home with his gun to see IF THE INTRUDER WAS STILL THERE WITH MY BABY!

Not the Ramseys. Nope, they didn't seem to be the least bit worried that someone who managed to get into their home and take JonBenet under their noses, threatening to behead her, was any kind of threat to them. AND THEY NEVER HAVE...NOT EVEN TO THE DAY OF PATSY'S FUNERAL.

I recently read that in a note like that during a crime, the writer reveals what SHE is afraid of and builds the staging around HER fears. Remember the book she'd received as a gift about the Lindberg kidnapping? That was something she'd thought about. That was one heck of a gift. A get out of jail card. I hope she thanked the gifter.

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

NOT questioning Burke was one of those darn Ramseyisms....of course they didn't want to traumatize Burke over his sister's kidnapping....never mind he might provide the immediate clue as to where JonBenet was taken and by whom.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Me neither! Forgive, MAYBE, and that's a big maybe, but not exonerate or excuse.

14. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Exonerate Patsy?

Not in this lifetime! I wouldn't even begin to think of any leniency towards Patsy until she has told everything she knows about the death of her daughter. But since that isn't possible now I fear that any softening towards Patsy would be justice denied for Jon Benet. However in the big picture of things John could still come forth and tell all he knows about the death of JB. But should it slant towards Patsy I would be very very sceptical.

As a further aside here, I have given some more thought to the idea of a BDI theory. That pineapple, spoon of unknown origin, teabag or unknown origin and glass seem very important right now. And the speed that the Rammers swept Burke out of the house that morning is certainly something to look at again. Burke was gotten out of the house before JonBenet's body was found right? How could parents do that to their one remaining child when possibly the kidnappers were still looking at the house and JB hadn't been found yet. I would keep him by my side and pinned to my hip I think so as not to lose him too. He would have been safe in that house with all those folks in it that morning. Oh I just don't know.

15. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Umm, something else has been bothering me

When Patsy said she didn't read beyond the first few lines of the RN, I really find that hard to believe (or not). Bearing in mind that they had to go along with the fact that the RN was a real one, then the RN was the closest thing to getting their daughter back. (Their play acting stinks to high heaven) The instructions should be followed etc. etc. etc. She should have clung to that RN as if it were solid gold and covered in diamonds if they wanted to get their daughter back. But no!!!!!! There they were calling the police when asked not to, inviting friends over?when warned not too to speak to anyone and messing up any possible evidence of a "crime scene". Just how important was their daughter to them? They disobeyed that note in almost every way possible. How earnest was John that morning in getting together that quirky sum of $118,000? Yet that was going to be the blueprint for getting JonBenet back. Did they follow it to the letter? Of course not and I think aside from the fact that RN is the best evidence of their actions that morning it says more over and over when I think about it. Their actions were not of stunned belief that their daughter was missing but rather one of she is gone, really gone as in dead and they were play acting all along. So exoneration not in a New York minute!

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I agree. Anyone who prints the intruder theory is just as guilty!

17. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

This is one of the things I and most just can't get past.

This is probably one of those things that deserve a thread of its own with the little, basic things one just can't get past and that there has never been a reasonable, sane explanation for.

The Ramseys have displayed some atypical behaviors not usually associated with the events that were happening at the time, such as the NOT waking Burke up after finding their young baby gone from her bed and a note that is at best, horrifying

This is a behavior that as far as I am concerned, can't be explained away by the classic "people react differently", or "you don't really know what you would do in the same situation" category.

99.99% of parents or caregivers, upon finding one child missing and presumably kidnapped, WOULD WAKE UP THEIR ONLY OTHER CHILD TO ASK HIM QUESTIONS

There are some really incriminating behaviors exhibited by the Ramseys that have never been explained with any sense of reason and logic and this is just one of them

I will give the benefit of the doubt regarding differing reactions by differing people. Many aren't the type to cry and display upset publicly and there are differing forms of grief, etc. No problem. We, as adults have all seen people at funerals and in other crisis situations that either hold it all together and show little to no emotions to the over the top hysterics. I'm not talking about those types of behaviors or reactions. I'm talking common sense.

These are things that the average person reacts to. This requires no scientific or forensic mind; this requires no research; this requires no DNA expertise; this requires no graphology degree. This is obvious stuff. Stuff parents just don't do

Like....
    leave town
    Not speak to authorities
    leave town
    Not speak to authorities for four months
    leave town
    refuse polygraphs
    leave town
    Hire a PR firm for the funeral
    leave town
    Go on CNN without having spoken with police
    leave town

How many people do you know who would behave like that????

:borgsmile

:rant:

18. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hi Babs. I recall the first time I read the circumstances of this case--and I stopped cold when I heard Patsy and John didn't wake Burke. I was like whoooaaa let's back it up here. That doesn't make any sense at all. How did they know the kidnappers weren't still in the house? Why would J and P just assume Burke didn't see or hear the kidnapping? That is crazy--he was in the next room.

19. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Punisher, who is this person? Please tell us more about this ok?

20. Cookie

Cookie Member

Who Would Have Thunk?

Burke may have been kidnapped as well, or hurt, or missing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice