Hypocrisy of the RST

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Jul 11, 2006.

1. guppy

guppy Member

Hope I finally got this right

I've never had any problems with "yon forum owner". For us RST types, her forum has always been a refuge, a place to limp back to after being bloodied up on the other forums.

I just got tired of a couple of posters demanding everyone send in his DNA, and I do mean "his", since females have been excluded at this point. Plus, I like to see what everyone else has to say.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hey Guppy,

Did Susan Bennet call for everyone to send in their DNA? YIKES

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Are you single and Catholic? That would explain it.
    :floor:

4. Tricia

Jayelles,

Thank you for your kind words about me. I am very humbled by your post.

Again, it is all of you who really keeps this case alive. I just give you the place to do it.

Jay, I applaud your efforts to keep this picture off the Internet. It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Keep up the good work.

Tricia

5. guppy

guppy Member

No, it was just a couple of posters, but they wouldn't let it drop.

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I guessed that. A refuge? I used to think that.

7. Tricia

Thanks Guppy. You are a brave soul to come her my dear ;)

We really do welcome differing opinions as long as the posting stays civil.

8. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

We've yet to have that confirmed from a credible source. I'd like to hear that from Tom Bennett. It's fairly certain that the hair that was found was caucasian and it's fairly certain that the foreign DNA was male ... but it's absolutely NOT certain that they belong to the same person. THAT might be an assumption.

Apparently, the source of this male,caucasion DNA was Bill Wise - who retired from the case in the year 2000. It wasn't possible to tell race from DNA in the year 2000. It *may* be possible now - but if so, it's a very recent development.

I'd like a credible source to state that either:-

a) they know with 100% certainty that the hair and panty-DNA are from the same person ... OR

b) that they have had the foreign DNA tested using the most recent scientific methods to ascertain race.

Otherwise, I will continue to work on the assumption that this is not a fact.

9. Jayelles

Guppy has been on the boards for a long time and I've always found him to be a civil soul. Are you still computering?

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Even if it is proven, Jay, it's still a long way from connecting it to that night.

11. guppy

guppy Member

Thank you, Tricia. I do tend to draw a lot of fire at times, but a good part of it is my fault because at times I can be unnecessarily provocative. I'll try to keep that under control.

In case anyone is wondering, "guppy" is the only handle I've ever used on internet forums, so I didn't use to be someone else.

12. guppy

guppy Member

Why thank you, Jayelles. Right now I am "between jobs" as they say, having taken an early retirement package which included lifetime medical, which I really still can't believe was available. I'll have to pick up my next career in Memphis after we sell our house and move. I'm planning on spending some time with my grandkids before they turn into <gasp> teenagers.

13. Jayelles

Retirement? Grandchildren? Hey old man! I thought you were about... 30s. Memphis is Graceland country - right? Is that just above Florida?

14. guppy

guppy Member

Well, I'm not exactly ready for the glue factory, at least according to me... :) In the U.S., when the major corporations offer early retirement, it is to workers 50 or over, and I squeezed in.

Yep, Memphis is the home of The King. Also Beale Street and Sun Records, where Elvis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, and Jerry Lee Lewis all got their start. Tennessee sits above Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. Memphis is in the far SW corner of Tennessee, right across the Mississippi river from Arkansas. We're going to be looking for a house on Reelfoot Lake (where my daughter lives), which is a couple hours north of Memphis, and split time between the two locations. I can't wait.

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Hello, guppy...

and congrats on your retirement. I have family in the Memphis area. It's a great place to live. The lake country of TN is beautiful.

I was sorry to hear that your friend Seal passed away.

We have been on these boards forever, no?

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Wow, congrats on your retirement as well. Boy, am I jealous. I have a way to go to retire, but after a day like today at work, I am green with envy :)

Yes, we have been on these boards forever and I am really saddened to hear that Seal has passed. Seal and I had our share of words, but still managed to like one another. I had always wondered what happened to Seal. I am really sorry to hear it.

17. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Grandchildren?! Wow! Congrats!

Make me feel like a kid!

18. guppy

guppy Member

Wow, I didn't realize everyone was so young. Am I the only one who isn't crumping between posts?

19. Elle

Elle Member

You're still a young little puppy, guppy! There are a few older Guppies around here, and I'm one of them. So, don't despair! :) :fish:The younger ones here are very easy to get along with, and I enjoy their bantering. I know there are a few Grandma's posting here, because they mention their grandchildren now and then. I think I have posted with you somewhere else, but this is the only board I post at now. :)

20. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

You can't be that ancient if you "squeezed in" on the 50 or over.

Now, I might be ready for the glue factory, since I retire at full retirement age in less than two years. Lawd, my youth has been frittered away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice