Silence of the Lambs Revisited.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

BobC, no worries my dear. I am not mad or upset at you.

You have to understand that Candy was going beyond posting little petty jabs at me. It was very serious. People would google my name and Candy's posts would come up. This almost effected my business. The good thing is I was able to convince the people who questioned me because of Candy that she was insane. BUT, it was an embarrassing situation to say the least.

It got so bad BobC that I turned to you because I knew she liked you. You couldn't see it though. You didn't understand and couldn't see just how bad it was. That is what hurt but I don't blame you for not wanting to get involved. I was desperate. I really was. I won't go into all the problems she caused because the list is long but I needed someone to help me.

It got so bad I came thisclose to bringing her employer into the picture because she was posting from work. But, I didn't want to get her fired. My lawyer really wanted to let her University know what she was doing on company time via a letter from her firm but I said no.

BobC, I don't blame you for not wanting to get involved but I guess if KK and I received some sort of validation in those days it would have helped a great deal.

I still love you BobC. It's water under the bridge. It hurts if I think about it but I guess KK and I need to vent.

She is even more wacko now but at least she is contained at the swamp.

Believe me everyone, no one talks case more than KK. I'll give her as much server space as she needs to vent about what has been done to her over the years. She deserves to be heard and validated for what she went through.

After 10 years of doing battle we are going to have battle scars. This is like my therapy.

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

IMO, it's impossible to have any sort of reasonable discussion on a topic as emotive as this without arguing. It's as emotive as politics and religion.

I make no secret about my fascination for the Internet Subculture. I've always been something of a "people watcher" and I find Big Brother addictive for the same reason. I like to try and identify "trends" in behaviour and then see if I can predict future behaviour. It's a game really. I don't take any of it seriously (or personally). There are a few posters whose behaviour is shocking though. I can't begin to imagine what life is like for those who must live with them in real-life. I've also made some lovely buddies and "met" some really interesting people - really interesting. I met one of my dearest friends on the Internet. My mother and brother were worried sick when we arranged to meet and my brother insisted on coming with me! We've been great friends for many years now and have worked together professionally on several projects.

3. guppy

guppy Member

I guess everyone has different experiences. My daughter met a guy on the internet and had to be rescued after he attacked her and shaved her head. So, my advice would be if you decide to meet anyone else, don't forget to invite your brother along.

I think posting in these forums is much like driving around Dallas. You can drive defensively and try to remain calm, or you can scream at everyone who gets in your way while waiting for the day that doing so causes you stop paying attention long enough to get crushed by a big truck you never saw coming. Stress is a killer. Discussing the crime of the century should be fun, not stressful. We're doing something wrong here.

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Tricia I really didn't know it had gotten that bad. I haven't even talked to Candy in well over a year, and to be honest, Candy was never nasty about anybody when we talked on the phone. She really wasn't. I want to keep my personal talks with Candy personal, as I do with everybody, but I can honestly say that she and I would be laughing during most of our phone calls--laughing about the absurdity of this case. I wouldn't be friends with somebody I thought was malicious --but I do think little misunderstandings happened over the years and those things have apparently grown bigger than they really need to be.

I don't even read posts by people who annoy me. Life's too short. I was laughing about this thread but apparently some people took that to mean I was criticizing you all. I don't even read the stuff where one poster bashes another--except for Jameson bashing threads, which are always fun. And Crabgrass--because she's evil and stupid, which is a very unattractive combination.

And to be honest, my feelings are a little hurt that niether you nor Candy have called me in over a year, when we used to be good friends. I could feel the chill and assumed something was going on, although of course no one bothered to talk about it to me.

Anyway we all used to be friends. I'm not gonna talk about this anymore.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

End of conversation......

Well, we pay attention and had anyone attacked YOU - as a FFJ member - as we were, you would have had your back covered. Nuff Said. It's the weekend and reality suddenly looks so more appealing. I am soooo flipping outta here just so that I can rise a level in someone's elses rants and raves.

I Vant to be alone to observe on what others haven't. Apparantly, one can have your candy and eat it too. Love ya for the effort, KK.

RR

6. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

That's because you're a guy.

7. Elle

Elle Member

This is a frightening story, guppy. Your daughter is lucky to be alive. I advised my granddaughters to be careful who they talked to, and told them it could be someone much older pretending to be a teenager.

I have met two of my internet friends, and both of them are two friends I value today. I met in the U.S. because "we" were returning from Myrtle Beach. My teenage granddaughters have been well warned about the net predators. Once again, I'm glad your daughter is safe, and I hope the culprit who attacked her was charged and jailed.

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Wait a minute--who's KK?

9. Tricia

KoldKase, use to be Portia on CS I believe.

BobC, us not talking as nothing to do with Candy. We just haven't talk because you and I are not posting like we use to that's all.

I am not mad at all. It's over. She has been neutralized thank God.

I will call you just to prove it but I don't have your new number. My cell phone crapped out on me and I lost a bunch of numbers. Email or PM please.

10. guppy

guppy Member

It had a happy ending, although this loser didn't do any serious jail time. He did make some threats, but one of my wife's brothers had a talk with him, and we never heard from him again.

11. Tricia

Guppy, this is such a scary and strange thing. Why did he shave her head if you don't mind me asking? The poor girl must have been scared to death.

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Like KK, I also remembered you and wondered about your intentions in joining FFJ.

As for Maikai ... you've got to be kidding. If you think Maikai is a saint, then FFJ is no place for you. She has been particularly hateful to Jayelles and other honored members here, and her vitriol knows no bounds.

Then why did you bring up Maikai? You knew she would be a sore point with many of us, and it seems you might have been baiting us by mentioning her, because you know she's been hateful to everyone except dyed-in-the-wool RST.

You and I have never had any personal animosity between us. I hope it stays that way. But praising BORG-hating posters as saints is no way to start the meaningful case discussion you say you desire.

13. guppy

guppy Member

He had some kind of a weird hair fetish that involved cutting off little bits of her hair. When she threatened to leave him, he decided her hair would have to stay behind. It was a typical abuse situation. Even after she was bald she had reservations about leaving him, because, "he said he was sorry." She was afraid for her life and calling the police one minute and saying she couldn't leave him the next, because he said he would kill himself if she left. I told her he was a coward who would kill her, not himself. He loved himself too much.

Anyway, that was years ago. She is now married again and doing just fine. He is just a bad memory. Hopefully he got his problems ironed out and is doing something productive and a lot less weird.

14. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Doesn't matter how long ago it was! It was still lucky!

15. Elle

Elle Member

You know, Guppy, I have never understood why some women keep taking the abuse from these sociopaths. When you say married "again" does this mean she was married to the guy who shaved her head? If so, then your daughter was in a very fearful situation. He should be in jail where he belongs. Nice that your daughter has found a new life, but quite frankly, I think you should keep the tabs on this apology for a man. There's no telling when he could backtrack and cause a serious problem.

16. guppy

guppy Member

This guy lives in Northern California, or at least he used to, I live in Texas, and my daughter lives in Tennessee. I'm not worried about him showing up here, which is the only link to finding her. If it happens, I'll deal with it. He'll have a lot of things working against him.

edited to add:

The first time she was married it was to a real nice guy who supported her nicely and she tired of quickly. The weirdo was in between marriages.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  17. guppy

guppy Member

Yes, we were extremely lucky. We all know that sometimes these things are over before we even find out there is a problem. Us guys are pretty lucky. We don't generally have to worry about a woman we're thinking about dating being a homicidal maniac.

18. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Remind me to introduce you to Jenny sometime!

19. Sailer

Sailer Member

well, I dunno about homicidal, but I could tell ya some stories.....:)

20. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, you certainly have an interesting study in human behavior here, Jayelles.

Oh, the denial is unbelievable. Veiled insults, misdirection, and pretty much the same old same old that never gets resolved, just like this case.

Guppy, when I see "argument" in connection with this case, I think "debate," which is putting forth argument supported, hopefully, by some logic and facts. If you meant "fight," then I'd ask why it's productive to "fight" with RST, but not BORG? You made the statement specific to BORG, so how did that happen if you really meant "fight" and feel it's a waste of energy? If it's only a waste of energy with BORG, then we're right back to the point you're trying to slip by: if you feel we're somehow not worthy of "whatever" and the RST is, why are you here?

I'm just asking because it's a bit like having someone slander you in public and then show up at your door, inviting himself into your house, where he then complains he's been so wronged by your guests. That's how you're coming across to me. Since you have mentioned a number of times how you've been flamed so by BORG, this doesn't make sense. So again, I ask, as you have now taken the opportunity here to side again with someone who loves to trash FFJ, and as you are still an active poster at the swamp where you have never once had a good thing to say about us/BORG/whatever you want to label us: what game are you playing?

I am being blunt, and that's me, I don't apologize for stating and asking the obvious. As far as I'm concerned, your presence here is the equivalent of letting the enemy in the gate, and you're no Trojan Horse. We know who you are up front, nothing sneaky about it. Your alliances are clear.

No, I do not trust you. Since we're only exchanging words, it's no big deal. You want to debate the facts, no problem. But if you think someone like me, who does pay attention to detail, isn't going to notice the subtle wording "there are two sides to the story" and identify it for what it is, then you have miscalculated. It would be best for you just to make your case, if you think you know the "other side," and then I'd be happy to have that debate. Because make no mistake, gutter candy's attacks have been very public, though I have been told of her private email campaigns by those she tried to influence with her lies. Tricia is dead right about that, as well. There's nothing harmless or "LITTLE" about gutter candy's hate driven slander and libel. If BobC has managed to turn his eyes from the wake of her destruction all these years, he must have some super-blinders on. But BobC has many friends here and is much loved. You, on the other hand, are no friend to anyone here that I know of, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to learn I am. But your position in this thread is clear: you are RST and you took up the issue by casting doubt on us, so deny it all you will, that's what you did. Fine. You stated your opinion, however you tried to cushion it. You made an argument--with BORG. You invited rebuttal. Here it is: if the RST relishes, supports, and defends gutter candy's rabid language against BORG, I don't think that's any surprise to anyone here.

All that being said, I really don't care how anyone else feels about gutter candy. She's a piece of internet garbage that has to be wiped off your feet too often, but life has garbage and that's the way it is. Those of us whose shoes get a little more of her crap on ours have learned to neutralize her by laughing at her. What else can we do? She always has someone supporting her hate and enabling her. Always. I truly don't know how she does it. Her ability to get that kind of support when she's clearly just awful has certainly taught me the human race is not what I once believed. It has explained a lot about how parents can run away from their murdered child's investigation and have people making excuses for them a decade later.

In spite of gutter candy and her enablers, I've kept on doing what I do on the forums because I have had a primary goal: support justice for a murdered child. That's now a lost cause, and without any new evidence, I don't think anyone is going to change their opinions about this case at this point. All that's left is pretty much touching bases with the friends formed through the years and standing up for the justice system itself, as that is the collateral damage that won't die with JonBenet or Patsy. I don't expect anyone in Boulder or Colorado to ever acknowledge how broken their system is, but I think if there is any worse legacy than a murdered child's killer getting away with it, it's that the killer did so with the full protection of the Boulder legal system. And that's my opinion.

So my cards are on the table. I'm calling your bluff, guppy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice