Critique of various theories?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karyn, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Karyn

Karyn Member

Hi,
    I'm new here. I've been reading this forum ever since the JMK news broke out; but before that I read Steve Thomas' book and am thoroughly convinced of the Ramseys guilt in the death of their daughter. I was wondering, is there a place on the forums where people post their theories about what happened and others critique the theory?

I know you've been researching it here for 10 years and I'm sure you've considered every theory under the sun. :bowdown: I have a theory I'd like to bounce off you and see what your opinion is, as I'm sure many of you have considered this same theory before (I don't claim it is 'mine' - I just mean it's my pet theory in that it is the one I feel to be the most believable/ solves more riddles than other theories I've seen).

Would I post it here, or somewhere else? (Or maybe you are all so far past theories that you don't discuss them here anymore, which is understandable.)

Thanks.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Welcome, Karyn, and feel free to post away! This is the place to float your theory. It may have been discussed before, but if you'd like to share it with us, we'll be glad to go over it with you.

3. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, I'm new here too, and I would love to see anyone's theory as to what happened on that night.

Heymom

4. jimswainbbmc

jimswainbbmc Member

5. Karyn

Karyn Member

Okay, here goes. Please critique the following theory:

I think John Ramsey was having inappropriate sexual contact/relations with JonBenet. Linda Arndt, the first detective on the scene, stated that the family dynamic reeked of incest. I believe that Patsy knew about it, but didn't know she knew, KWIM? She had never been confronted with direct evidence. Until that night. They got home from the Christmas party and went to bed. Later in the night John went to Jon Benet's room. Patsy couldn't sleep and was preparing for the big trip the next day. She went looking for John to ask him something and found him and their daughter in a very incriminating situation.

Patsy flew into a rage. All those years of living with this, knowing it but not really knowing. And now seeing it right in front of her eyes. Jon Benet was HERS, her daughter, her little doll. How DARE he! She picked up the large mag flashlight that Jon Benet kept by her bed to use when she had to get up at night and go to her brother's room, which she did frequently. She hurled the flashlight at John with deadly force, but missed, and it hit Jon Benet instead, splitting her skull. She was still alive but unconscious.

John and Patsy realized right away that this would get out and everyone would know that their perfect family had been hiding an incest secret. John's political aspirations would be ruined. Patsy would never be able to face the pageant moms again. So they conspired to cover it up and make it seem like a kidnapping. They weren't thinking rationally, just operating off of instinct and what they could remember from crime movies and novels, etc.

I think they both had equal role in staging the kidnapping/ murdering their daughter. Maybe she would have died from the blunt force trauma anyway, but by delaying getting medical attention in order to cover up their family secret by staging the crime they murdered their daughter, pure and simple.

A couple of loose ends: the pineapple. Maybe JB did wake up and maybe Burke and Patsy gave her the pineapple as a snack before putting in her bed again (before John came in to her room). Patsy simply lied about it because she had told so many lies she didn't know what was true anymore and figured lying was the safest thing.

The SBTC: I think it meant "Saved By the Cross". I think Patsy, in her twisted, zealous mind, believed she was saving JB for heaven by preventing her from having to be subjected to John's further abuse. "Victory!" means JB would go to heaven because she was saved by the cross.

I'm sure there are other loose ends I've missed. Critique away. (And sorry if this is a very obvious, well-worn theory.)

6. Karyn

Karyn Member

Okay, jimswain and I had the same theory, lol! I guess there's no doubt now that I'm treading a very well worn path.

Great minds think alike, huh Jim? ;)

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Good theory Karen.

I don't know which Ramsey is responsible I am sure Patsy was part of it, wether she was the murderer or not. She wrote the note IMO.

8. heymom

heymom Member

When did JonBenet scream, and why wouldn't it have woken Burke up, if they were still in the room near him? It was loud enough that a neighbor heard it.

Heymom

9. Karyn

Karyn Member

Hmmm, good point heymom. Maybe the scream wasn't JB, maybe it was Patsy, reacting upon a sudden realization of what they had done while staging JBs body in the basement? (Or,here's a morbid thought, maybe JB woke briefly or moved and it Patsy cried out in terror, having thought that JB was dead?) It would be very human/ easy for someone remembering a scream, upon hearing that a child had died during the night, to 'remember' a child screaming when maybe it was really an older female's voice that woke her from a deep sleep.

10. adair

adair Member

Who knows what happened that night..

Your theory seems plausable....what do you think of the size 12-14 underware that she was wearing???

11. sue

sue Member

The flashlight is much too large and heavy for a 6 year old to have by her bed in case she needed a flashlight to get to her brother's room.

12. Karyn

Karyn Member

Probably John Ramsey got the underwear (from Patsy's drawer?), again, in a lame attempt to make it as 'mysterious' and out of context as possible.

Maybe the mag flashlight came from somewhere else then. The hallway, stored there as a contingency for power outages .... ??

13. Wenchie

Wenchie Member

The theory posted above was my own theory during the first few weeks after Jonbenet's murder.

As time when by and I watched the two of them and read about their demeanor that morning, I started thinking..........no.

I think that John had a suspicion when he first saw the note, and that this is what he was mulling over all morning while LE was there. I think he actually "knew" that Patsy had done it when he found Jonbenet's body.

I don't think he was molesting his daughter, either. Not for any particular reason other than the way he seems genuinely offended when he addresses that issue and the accusations - much MORE offended than when he talks about the accusations of him murdering her.

14. jimswainbbmc

jimswainbbmc Member

Wenchie - the autopsy and several experts agree there was past sexual abuse to JBR. If not John, who? Perhaps Burke?

The size 12 panties were bought for Patsy's niece, and somehow wound up opened and in JonBenet's bathroom drawer. Patsy testified to this. They were bought at Bloomingdale's in NY. She bought a set in size 6 for JonBenet at the same time.

Another thing that I feel rules out the intruder theory: Patsy and Linda Hoffman-Pugh testified that Burke's knife was taken from him for whittling all over the house, and was hidden. I think we can assume that PR and LHP knew where it was hidden. What are the chances of an intruder knowing where to find it? Yet there it was in the basement!

15. heymom

heymom Member

I can't figure out where the scream fits in, I will have to think about it. If it was JB, she must have seen what was coming or been frightened in some way. Maybe JR was abusing her in the basement? And Patsy came in? Then JB screamed when she saw her mother??? Oh, I need to go to bed!

Heymom

16. Karyn

Karyn Member

lol! Me, too, Heymom. I'm forcing myself .... to ... shut ..... .down the computer. *yawn!*

17. jimswainbbmc

jimswainbbmc Member

The scream was reported, then the lady who said she heard it retracted her statement, saying something about it might have been JBR's 'spirit'. Generally discredited.

18. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I, too, agree with this theory, with the exception of the flashlight being by JonBenet's bed. Coming across a scene like this is, imo, going to be more shocking and devastating to Patsy than another wet bed.

Regarding the flashlight... My guess is that Patsy went down to the butler kitchen to the drawer where it was stored. She then took the flashlight back upstairs to check what was going on in her daughter's room, perhaps due to hearing some quiet talk.

And I have also wondered if the scream allegedly heard by Melody Stanton might have been Patsy's. (I say allegedly because Stanton then said something about it being from JonBenet's presence leaving her body.)

-Tea

19. adair

adair Member

Karyn..
    Your theory sorta answers why Burke was never waken (that we know of) and why he stayed in the bedroom. If he was my kid, I would have him up to making sure he was safe...specially not knowing if the "kidnappers" were still in the house.

Just thinking ......

And while we are speculating.....I know JBR's peditrician prescribed meds for P......could those have helped her to pass a lie detector test? (didn't the R get a list of the questions they were going to ask??)) Please correct me...

jmo

20. Wenchie

Wenchie Member

I thought the molestation evidence was kind of iffy (?).

I wonder if the flashlight was just something Patsy used to write the ransom note without turning on the kitchen lights?

I tend to go with Steve Thomas's theory - mainly because the simplest answers to things are usually (although not always) the correct ones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice